At the Whim of Nature - A Photography Take

Hello There! Welcome to another photo- take. This is going to be about nature, which includes flower, landscapes etc. I don't really good caption/explanation ideas so if you can suggest any under 48 hours, I'll definitely add them in this take. With this take, I also wish to encourage non-professional photographers in our community to embrace their skills. The images I'm uploading range from 3 to 10 MBs so it might cause you inconvenience if you have a slow internet connection. so here we go!

1) Chafa aka Yasmin

At the whim of Nature - A Photography Take

This is a local plant found in my area. Its scientific name is Plumeria. As it is less common in the west, I couldn't find the exact name for this plant. Chafa is the local name in Marathi language. You can find more about this flower here.

2. Bud

This photo was taken in recent rainy season. Water drops are my favorite part in this, which also make it special. I don't remember its species. All the best if you can figure it out.

3.Calotropis Gigantea aka Rui

Rui is another common flowering plant found in my area. It is a medicinal plant. The ant on the top of the flower makes it special. You can zoom in and enjoy its beauty without compromising quality :)

4. Beach Panorama

This photo was clicked in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra. It is a panorama created by mixing 3+ images together. Creating Panorama using DSLR is different than using a phone. You need to click different photos and merge them together using Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.

5. Unknown Flower

6. Dead Leaf

My last name is removed here for the sake of privacy. Hope you don't mind :)

7. Chamaeleonidae

8. Natural Closing Circles on Leaf

I don't know what it is really called, It'll be grateful if you can suggest its name.

9. Moth

Moths can be beautiful and pleasurable to eyes, don't you think so?

10. Prajakta aka Nyctanthes arbor-tristis

Statue of A Legendary Person: Shivaji Maharaj

This isn't the photo in nature category hence isn't listed in number. This is one of my favorite photo and idol. I' aware of the fact that you don't know much about him. I'll share a take about him sooner or later

Almost all of these photos have my name/symbol on them because users suggested it to do so in my last take. If you see the word Apostrophy, it is the name of my facebook page. I hope you didn't mind :)

Thanks for taking a look at my work and I hope you like it. Let me know in the opinion section which one is your favorite and If you have any suggestions :)

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Those pictures are superb. Keep up the excellent work!

It's refreshing to see myTakes of this kind again. Your pictures remind me of other photography myTakes authored by other users that I've previously viewed months ago. I remember seeing a photography myTake featuring Indians and also a photography myTake featuring nature authored by two different users. I think you will get along with @Lopezz1999, in this regard. I haven't forgotten his posts.

Once again, keep up the excellent work!

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice pics. What gear did you use to get the closeups?

I like the first two. I like the color and contrast in the first one. I like the composition in the second one.

3) I assume the ant is a pollinator.

5) Some kind of daisy?
    www.flowersofindia.net/.../search.php

8) That spiral's gotta be some kind of mathematical curve. Probably a logarithmic spiral? Those are everywhere in nature.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• beautiful pics! I love nature and photography. I once took a photography class and did a lot of nature pictures, everyone who saw was impressed. nice mytake : )

• Very cool pictures! I think No. 5 looks like daisies, but I don't think they have several flowers on the same stem. I could be wrong though.

• These look gorgeous! Just WOW 😍

• That was beautiful thank u

• Well, I like photography, but it greatly discourages me to see everyone else having such good cameras.
    It is basically ONLY the cameras that matter, if you have a great camera, you're a great photographer. Have a bad camera, and you're not as good as you could be with a good camera.

Great photos, too bad I can't afford what I deserve.

... And that is not a moth, it's a butterfly.

What Guys Said 3

• Can't believe I missed these.. Nice work my friend.

• amazing take bud👏

• Awesome. I love it.