Top 7 Memorable Disney Princesses/Female Characters

Princesslee16

I've been a big fan of Disney ever since I was child and I'm still one till this day. I enjoy watching so many Disney movies and would literally watch them every day. While watching these movies, I've noticed some characters that definitely deserves some recognition and I'll be glad to list my top 7 favorites.

I'm not only going to list princesses but other female characters that are not considered princesses but is a really good role model to others.

1. Moana

She my favorite because of her brave heart and loyalty to her people. She would risk her own life to save her island which shows that she cares so much for them and wants nothing but the best. She even had the guts to go in front of "Te Ka" which was very frightening but was necessary in order to return the heart of "Te fiti"

2. Fa Mulan

Like Moana, she is also very brave and thought about her father who was too old and sick to fight in the war by taking his place.

3. Tiana

She taught me you have to work instead of expecting everything to come to you without effort and always believe in you dreams. Unlike, Snow white or sleeping beauty who needs a Prince, Tiana is very independent and hard working. She's a good role model for young women who for girls who is doubting their dreams and need some motivation.

4. Princess Ana

She may seem a bit naive and annoying at the beginning but I really love how caring she is towards her older sister and tries to build a relationship with Queen Elsa despite being pushed away. Several times.

5. Cinderella

Cinderella loving and compassionate heart definitely needs some recognition. Her step mother and step sisters took everything from her making her life miserable by tutoring her each and every day with many chores and so many emotional abuse which never stop her from believing that dreams can really come true. She even forgave them and helped her step sister Anastasia find true love.

6. Belle

"Beauty is truly the eye of the beholder" and I can't even disagree. She's so caring and understanding. Despite the Beast terrible appearance, she still try to understand him and fell in love with the person who is on the inside showing the there is someone for everyone out there.

7. Ariel

I love how curious she is about humans and is willing to leave the sea to be one. She is also a hero by saving Prince Eric life and I must admit that she's a good singer to like the other characters that I mentioned above.

I'd love to hear some of your favorite Disney Princesses/ female characters.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and I understand that everyone has different opinions, so if you think otherwise, then feel free to share.

43
40
40Girl Opinion
43Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• vishna
    aww yea, Cinderella was really kind. She was so patient, she could have just poisoned those bitches but she didn't. She did her work really well.

Tiana was SO hard working, she was sensible and determined :)

And so awesome for including Mulan, she was doing something so tricky and difficult but was so brave.

aww I really enjoy your list :)
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Apope16
    Belle is my favorite and the best. She loved her man for who he was and was open minded... was empathetic.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Allie_Oops

Belle was an educated woman who loved a man who forcibly locked her in his castle and held her captive away from her family because he was an ass who was known for being a stuck up jerk, which is why he was cursed in the first place. I like Belle, but her relationship with The Beast was actually pretty terrible because it sends the message that just because a man is mean and treats you bad doesn't mean you should leave him and that eventually he'll change yet that's just not true in the real world. A man doing that to a woman now is abuse and a felony charge.

• Apope16

@Allie_Oops true. I agree. But it's fiction. Thanks for the MHO!

• Allie_Oops

Fiction or not, your reasoning for liking Belle just doesn't make any sense. She was open minded nor was she empathetic. She was dismissive. And fiction or not, the story still had a moral to it.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3942
  • oOsecret_starlandsOo
    1.) Mulan is my favorite disney "princess."

She really flipped the table in not being an actual princess, but a warrior who saved her whole country, despite knowing she would be killed as a woman doing so.

And to protect her father!

Heart of an Empress honestly.

Parts of me feel she purposefully wasn't made an official princess to break the traditional ideology.

2.) Hate Ariel.

She put everyone's lives at risk in a spoiled bratty manner because Daddy said No.

3.) Princess Anna

hasn't been a sincere display of love, support and sacrifice for a beloved family member in a looong time. I cried a little when she froze.

4.) Moana

Lol I liked her grandma the best honestly ha ha but they both were so fearless in pursuing what was impossible, though many were against it.

She found the truth of who they really were and it set them all free...

"No one kno--ows how far it go--oes!!"

XD

5.) Nala

Kind of an unspoken princess, but Nala was pretty inspiring - she was Simba's super supportive right hand gal, strong, and the voice of reason that turned the whole movie.

She was also whippin some hyena and lion tail in both movies lolTop 7 Memorable Disney Princesses/Female CharactersTop 7 Memorable Disney Princesses/Female Characters
  • Bluemax
    That Moana isn't one of the canonical princesses is a shame.

-She's a Disney character.
    -She's a daughter of a hereditary monarch. (btw, in much of Polynesian culture, Tui and Sina, her parents, would likely be brother/sister)
    -She sings and has animal side kicks (I liked the pig waaaay more than Heihei)

C'mon, Disney! What more do you need?

Aside from that, she *ACTUALLY LEARNS SKILLS*. Aside from being gifted with a great voice and a certain natural kindness and sweetness (which in times past was all you needed), she *ACTUALLY DOES SHIT*.

I confess perhaps I'm biased because Moana looks almost exactly like my niece.

I had a student who is Polynesian. She said her heart practically burst out of her chest with pride when she watched the "We Know the Way" part. Who could blame her? It was my favorite part, too.

by the way, Maui shows Moana how to tie a knot. It was accurate. That was a bowline, and that's how you tie them. The group of stars Moana followed was Maui's hook. Although it was highly stylized, that was somewhat accurate, too. What we in the West call Scorpio was known as Maui's hook to the Polynesians. Scorpio is in fact shaped like that (thought as I said, it was highly stylized in the movie) and stands at a certain angle when it rises, like a hook at the latitudes around the equator and into the southern hemisphere. The night sky as it was portrayed in the movie was the sky seen from the southern hemisphere. When the sails on Moana's boat were luffing a bit (fluttering... an indication they aren't being most efficient), Maui teaches her to tap on the rudder and head up (into the wind) or fall off (away from the wind), and the sails stop luffing. Again, that's accurate and the right thing to do when you're sailing.
  • PecanPie
    My favorite princess is Cinderella. She lost her father who was everything to her and got stuck with a step mom and sisters who abused her. She lost the good life she had with her father, was shoved into the attic with nothing except her animal friends. Her dreams came true going to that Ball.
  • MarkRet
    My favorite isn't a Disney character, it's that girl from Spirited Away. She changes from a bored brat into a girl that changes things for the better, including herself.
    • martsa

Chihiro is her name :)

• Being_a_good_Indian
  • LegateLanius
    Belle is not a good example at all in my opinion, she wonders around basically singing about how much better she is than everyone else, that their normal, perfectly good lives, aren’t good enough for her. Then, because she can’t be interrupted reading, she rampages through town, messing with someones sheep; she knocks someone out; and basically disrupts the entire towns morning. She reads the same book over and over. Then let’s just get to how rude she is throughout the majority of the movie. She rarely says please or thank you, even when people are doing nice things for her. She constantly disobeys orders. “Don’t go in the West Wing after my captor so nicely moved me from a jail cell to a suite? Nah…” She talks back to the Beast and blames him after he saves her life because she was a dumb ass that ran out into the night.
    Then there's Anna who is actually very naive and can't even take into account her sister's warnings about Hans. She's so excited to marry Hans, the man of her dreams, who she just met, and she doesn't know a damn thing about him at all.
    Besides those two, the rest are really good examples.
  • Plumy
    Merida and Rapunzel, please❗
  • BoyCrazyLOL14
    i luv all of then, but i didn't know Moana was a princess
  • Hal2002
    Tiana on the surface looks like a good role model, but in real life she is why most successful black women will end up either a single mother divorced or alone.

• DaniaMQ
    Moana, Miranda (from Brave) and Belle are my favourite
  • FutureTrunks
    Moana will always be my favorite. I never cried so hard from a kids movie
  • LilPump2178
    I have literally seen all of these movies like a hundred times each with my little cousin. Especially moan and belle. She loves them
  • OfDeath
  • D_Bone_Steak
    Skipped through all of it but glanced at pictures... I wanted to bang all of them... especially moana.
  • WhiteKnight2
    the Disney princesses always seemed pretty bland but my favorite character is Aladin, something about him really Touched me.
  • KiaTate
    I wish Disney would recognize Kida from Atlantis. She was a warrior princess, the art in the movie was amazing, and she wanted what was best for her people.
  • Pink2000
    Tiana is my favorite because she has brown skin like me.
  • MidnightCowboy
    The ones like Cinderella, Snow White, and Bella are outdated and useless in the modern world.

I do like Mulan and Moana.
  • CrazyyChick
    Lol my favorite disney princess is Aurora, but I love them all♥
  • soleil2666
    Yeah - Disney is behind this mess of girls believing they are princesses and abusing men who don't treat them as such.
    You might want to get off of that opium, if you intend to have a real life.
  • Comesaveme
    Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Princess Jasmine and Pocahantos are great too!
  • Kat_puppies
    no no and no, all these stories/ movies was dark to begin with, the little mermaid she dies, cinderlla gets her feet cut off so the evil people get the hot prince, so on so forth
  • Personontheinternet
    What about Rapunzel, Merida, and Pocahontas? Sis...
  • JimRSmith
    No Snow White? Or wasn't she a princess? I forget, lol.
    • Snow white is a princess but she wasn't one of my favorites and didn't do much beside clean, cook, and sing lol. The same for sleeping beauty.

• PellakaWurm
    my favorite princess is rapunzel from tangled. I love her energy and the humor.

I also find it funny that mulan is one of the few Disney princess with a kill count and a high one for that.
  • Kylesar
    I LOVE Moana. Easily my favorite Disney Princess of all time.
    I liked Ana even though I HATED Elsa
  • martsa
    From disney I like Moana, Pocahontas and Merida (she is princess right?)
    But my favorite is princess Kaguya
  • LordSpider
    Ariel is the worst one she caused her own problems because she wanted dick. fuck you ginger cunt ! Mulan is the best one because she faught back
  • Likes2drive
    Cinderella is what I grew up with. Nice mytake though
  • scooogy
    It's interesting to see how the half of them are actually rather new (in 3D movies)
  • FakeName123
    I couldn't care less. I like characters for having character and not for their gender.
  • ryancg
    I've never really been much of a Disney guy. I do like most of the Marvel movies, but none of those characters count as Disney Princesses.
  • Ionlyeatramen
    My favorites are probably Belle and Pocahontas

• beebella
    I guess you didn't find Princess Jasmine very memorable. 😂 I've always favored Mulan, myself.
  • Browneye57
    The disney fantasy thing here on full display. OMFG
  • Iron_Man
    You didn't put the girl from The Jungle Book in there. And what about Pocahontas as well?
  • Malono
    I prefer Mulan but not because her story, just because I like Asian girls
  • Razal
    Jasmine should have been in the list !! She's my favourite !!
  • RedMrMe
    Is this a joke? Where's Snow White? The most famous isn't here.
  • RedRobin
    Nice take
  • fauchelevent
    They're all so great <3
  • MarianneF
    Belle! She's the best!
  • PrincessPie
    I ❤️ Ariel, nice my take.
  • ArabianPwincess197
    Nice Take, my fav were Cinderella and Belle
  • Pocahontas2000
    Moana, Cinderella and Belle are my favorites ❤
  • N23SA
    Nice take!
  • archiz
    I 've been told that I look like moana😁😁
  • jokery56
    moana is my favorite!
  • xZoeyx
    Ariel is my favorite. And nice Take!
  • bente2
    I only agree with mulan and cinderella really.