Tear-Jerker Moments: 9 Sad Disney Movie Scenes That Brought Tears To My Eyes

Although the following movies are only animated ,and not real people or real animals dying ,some scenes still tug at my heart strings, and evoke strong emotions. I guess i am a sucker for sad movies,but then again Disney is a master at manipulating the audiences emotions

1) Bambi

Seeing orphaned Bami's distraught reaction after his mother is shot, and killed by a hunter is heart-wrenching Tear-Jerker Moments: 9 Sad Disney Movie Scenes That Brought Tears To My Eyes

2 ) The Lion King

Mufasa the lion, dies after he is pushed off of a cliff by Scar, his own brother .That was sad enough, but watching baby Simba nudge his father's body and sobbing “wake up dad” is even more upsetting to watch. Simba is then left to carry around this guilt , because Scar convinces him that his father's death was all his fault

3 ) Up

This entire movie is emotional,but the scene where Carl watches Ellie ,his wife and childhood sweetheart , die is the saddest scene in the movie

4 )Toy Story 2

Jessie tells the tale in flashbacks about a time when she was loved and wanted by a young girl named Emily . Emily abandoned her when she grew up ,and matured past playing with dolls .So she brought Jessie to a Goodwill donation truck and left her there.The scene is even more powerful with the song “When She Loved Me” playing as Jessie tells Woody about her pain of being abandoned

5) The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Quasimodo is crowned the King of Fools and he is abused , ridiculed , beaten and humiliated by the cruel towns people. Quasimodo cries out for help ,but no one helps him. After Quasimodo is set free, he runs through the crowd crying all the way as the crowd all back away in disgust.

6) Dumbo

Dumbo’s mother is chained and locked up for being insane , but she was only trying defend and protect her son, who was being bullied.She reaches her trunk through the bars to cuddle him,and rocks him back and forth .Dumbo is crying while "Baby Mine" plays in the background,which makes the moment even more sad

7) Beauty And The Beast

The Beast is stabbed and dies right before helpless Belle's eyes. He dies as the last petal falls,but she realizes she loves him , and doesn't want to lose someone who has sacrificed so much. Although the curse is broken,and he turns into a Prince after Belle professes her love to him,the death of the beast is still sad.Tear-Jerker Moments: 9 Sad Disney Movie Scenes That Brought Tears To My Eyes

8.) Old Yeller

Yeller ,the dog, defends his family from a rabid wolf .Yeller is exposed to rabies after the wolf bites him .The saddest part is when Travis ,the young boy , has no choice but to shoot and kill his faithful friend ,Yeller. He can't risk Yeller becoming sick ,spreading the infection and turning on him and his family

9) Pinocchio

Pinocchio saves his father, Geppetto, but after saving his life ,Pinocchio drowns and gets washed up the on shore .His lifeless body is seen floating face down in a deep puddle. Gepetto is then seen mourning the death of his son. Although this story has a happy ending when the Fairy brings Pinocchio back to life, the Pinocchio death scene is emotional

#suckerforsadmovies

1412
Fitness-Fanatic is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't cry, cry but I felt myself choke up a little and kind held back some emotion in "Inside Out" and in "Up"

In "Inside Out" when the little girl comes home after running away and sadness take control of the "brain" console and the girl (was it Riley?) just starts crying in her mom and dad's arms.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdCRyFMz_Q

In Up when the old man gets out the Album his wife had been keeping through her life and he feels that she never got to do all of those adventures she had planned and he was surprised to see all of the photos of their life together and then she had the note in there about thanks for the adventure now go have one of your own and he realizes after feeling he'd failed her that she considered their life together her adventure.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_iURv6S0MU

They aren't sad just by themselves, in a vacuum but with the backstory lead up to these moments they are pretty sad. I know

Most Helpful Girl

• When Ellie died, I was bawling. And Dumbo, I saw it as an adult, had no idea it was so sad. Sobbed for a while the way they treated his poor mom.

aww these are so sad, why did I click on this :'c

Also the fox and the hound, when she just left him. nooo old lady, noo.

Tbh, I dunno why but I disliked Simba, little poopoohead had to be annoying and run off. Disney taught me if you don't do what your parents say, you can cause the start of events that get them betrayed, thrown off a cliff, and rammed under the hooves of a 1000 wildebeest.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• I remember wishing Bambi would avenge his mother’s death. I have to say that the movie up surprised me, I didn’t expect it to be so emotional until that one scene.

• I can't really feel bad for bambis mom.
    My mom grew up poor in a rural area, and the fact is a deer fills a freeze and not only saves money to the tune of up to 800 to 1000 dollars, its also healhier than what they could afford.

• The part of UP that really got to me was when they tried to have kids and either Ellie was barren or had a miscarriage. I thought it was a miscarriage.

• Up... the scene where Carl watches Ellie , his wife and childhood sweetheart , die is the saddest scene in the movie

I couldn't watch it after that scene...

• The saddest thing Disney has done is ruin Star Wars.

• That, and not make a single original plot line ever.
      Walt Disney wasn’t a genius. He was a thief.

• @VaIiant Well I wouldn't go quite that far. When Walt Disney was alive, I don't believe he ever failed to credit the authors of the books his movies were based on. Plus he created Mickey Mouse and all of the corresponding characters. Once he died, a lot of his vision died with him. Also, all big movie studios ruin the books and characters they bring to the big screen. That's not unique to Disney Studios. Have you ever read "Cannery Row" And also seen the movie? Perfect example.

• Toy Story 3 is the only movie that ever made me cry.

• What about the fox and the hound?

• 8,1,3

The others didn't affect me much.

• Sad..

• Lion king

• I guess sum would be about the hard ships

What Girls Said 13

• Love your Take. I've seen almost all the movies that you've mentioned and loved them! I've cried everytime I watched.
    Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney movie. Nothing can replace it! by the way I was thinking of watching Hunchback of Notre Dame again tomorrow before I read your take and smiled when you wrote about it.

• The only one of those that ever made me cry was Jessie's flashback scene.
    You forgot the saddest scene of all time, tho..
    https://youtu.be/9UIc6o5Z8SU

• Great Take! Bambi and the Lion King are precious childhood favorites of mine. Have you seen Coco? That movie made me cry multiple times

• Lion King and Toy Story 3 make me tear up. The song with Jessie too. It takes a lot to make me cry though

• Aw gee... my eyes were tearing just reading about those scenes again...

• Scenes in which animals are hurt or killed temporarily sadden me.

• UP and Toy Story 2 by far... both made me bawl, and now I can't bring myself to throw away any old toys

• I've cried through all of them and other disney movies.

• I hate those. They shouldn't be out there for little children to see.

• Omg me too

• Dumbo makes me cry

• Wow I can't believe you did this to me...

• I ugly cried all the way through Up.