Two Albums That Really Impacted Me

MarilynMansonsSlvt

sorry I accidentally put a caption here aaahh wtf is my lifeeeee

There have been a lot of CDs (yes, I listen to music on CDs, fucking fight me) that have greatly impacted me in some way. In this MyTake, I will tell you which ones and how they impacted me.

1. Golden Age of Grotesque

Two Albums That Really Impacted Me

Honestly, just thinking about this album brings tears to my eyes. Marilyn Manson's Golden Age of Grotesque opened my mind to a whole new way of thinking, as well as giving me the crush on Manson that I'm so infamous for today. Until recently, I hadn't listened to this album since I was a babybat (new goth), but it definitely still has that magical effect on me.

Some lyrics from it I enjoyed: "The toys are us and we don't even know." "I am the church, you are the steeple, when we fuck we're all God's people." "Since God thinks I don't exist, the beatings have been permanent."

How it influenced me: helped me get through breakup, introduced me to goth culture and Marilyn Manson

2. The Downward Spiral

Two Albums That Really Impacted Me

Ah yes, babybat me decided to rummage around in the used CD store for more cool music and found this. She sat herself down on her beanbag chair in her white nightgown, took off her glasses, closed her eyes, and it began...

Some lyrics from it I enjoyed: "Your God is dead and no one cares. If there is a Hell, I'll see you there." "What have I become? My sweetest friend... Everyone I know... goes away in the end."

How it influenced me: got me even deeper into goth culture, questioned my belief in God and christianity

xx

~ Mrs Manson

Two Albums That Really Impacted Me
7
4
4Girl Opinion
7Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• courtney06
    I used to be a Mansonite and Golden Age of Grotesque was one of the first albums I bought as I was just getting into my goth phase. I still enjoy Spade, Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth, Ka-Boom Ka-Boom, and Para-Noir. I also had the biggest crush on Tim Skold and Manson’s marriage to Dita von Teese was one of my favorites at the time. I used to wear a t-shirt with Manson on it almost every day.

Nine Inch Nails is one of my favorite industrial music bands to this day. Dead Souls is my top favorite from The Downward Spiral. I used to like Heresy but now that I’m more spiritual I can’t say I agree with the lyrics anymore.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I was with you until the dita von teese bit. And the spiritual bit. But you seem cool anyways.
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• DocilexElle
    "WE KNOW WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE WANT TO SAY AND WE DON'T CARE WHO'S LISTENING... WE DON'T REBEL TO SELL--it just suits us well, we're the BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS!!" <3 This was my fave song off GAOG!
    --Bright Young Things
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• spartan55
    That is my favorite Manson album too. Downward Spiral is greatness. The tone is all over the place and it gives a great idea of what going insane must be like.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

26
  • normalice
    Personally, I thought Portrait was their best album, in terms of creativity. Antichrist was obviously their most successful, though. After that I got the sense they kind-of lost their "touch".

Downward spiral is definitely the best NIN album. Kinda drives me nuts when I hear Johnny Cash fans listen to NIN's Hurt for the first time and be like "oh. this is a good cover!"
  • Reggieray
    Unfortunately, I see Cradle of Filth's "Dusk and Her Embrace" in your future.

I hope you own headphones, for everyone else's sake...
  • Lance1965
    Antichrist Superstar is still my favorite but Grotesque is not far behind.
  • ThePundertaker
    Nice choices
    • Thanks. first one was my sexual awakening lmao
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• 😂😂 great to know

• Lmao my mum freaked the fuck outttt
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• Interesting
  • ATuairiscean
    Good insights to albums of the beaten track
  • Secretgardenblood
    Nice take
  • RIVERTAY888
    l understand thats called life your way