Music is a Source of Memories

It is everywhere we go

Music is a Source of Memories

When I tie my shoelaces and tighten my ponytail I put the playlist on shuffle and open the timer. As I close the door behind me I start to jam to the music. I listen to the words and get some power for my run when I take the stairs to the exit. The front door closes behind me and I feel the breeze as I start to jog along the street. When I run past the old factory I see the lake shining all bright from the afternoon sun. The lyrics playing in my headphones says:

Can't take the music away, no
Can't take the music away from me

(Netsky-Escape)

As a visual artist I enjoy music daily. Every time I want to get inspired I will put on a playlist from Spotify. I listen to genres such as alternative-music, classical music, indie and folk. Mostly I do not even care what genre it is, as long as it gives me good vibes and the rhythm will make my thoughts flow.

Music is a Source of Memories

We have our smartphones with us everywhere, and that allows us to listen to music everywhere. We might use different media players or apps for listening to it. We might use headphones to get our peace or then a speaker to make it more obvious to others. It has started to be some kind of trend to carry around a small speaker with music playing loud. It is a little annoying for sensitive people and not very thoughtful of the one walking around with the speakers.

Bound to a feeling

Every time I step into a bus my fingers find my headphones from my bag and I feel like I need some music. When I studied in another city I knew all my playlists by heart, because I listened to those every time I took the bus, which took almost two hours. And the music made my bus trips like adventures, I always felt like I was in some music video and I made up amusing stories in my head.

Music is a Source of Memories

If I go to a club I enjoy the music whether it is good or not. The feeling of the bass always makes me want to dance and dancing makes me feel free, like anything is possible. If I meet someone at the club I always remember what song was playing on the background.

Music is a common phenomenon that crosses all borders of nationality, race, and culture. A tool for arousing emotions and feelings, music is far more powerful than language. An increased interest in how the brain processes musical emotion can be attributed to the way in which it is described as a “language of emotion” across cultures. Be it within films, live orchestras, concerts or a simple home stereo, music can be so evocative and overwhelming that it can only be described as standing halfway between thought and phenomenon. - Malini Mohana

Sometimes I go back and listen to some songs just to remember things. Maybe I used to listen to that song back then or maybe it was playing on the radio. The memory might be just something quite unimportant, but it might bring up a smile or add some nice details to an almost forgotten memory from the past.

Mood booster

So whenever you go to the gym or the club, you probably get a lot of energy from the music you listen to. You move to the rhythm and it feels easier to move. You might get carried away and forget your surroundings.

10 Ways Music Can Make or Break Your Workout

Without music, life would be a mistake – Friedrich Nietzsche

If you feel sad, you often listen to music that agree with your feelings. Anger gets released when you listen to some kind of heavy metal or other rough music that might help you relax a little again. When we are happy, we wanna listen to happy music. That will raise the atmosphere around us and maybe even get the others to enjoy life more.

A neutral face might appear as sad or happy depending on the music we are listening to. What we call ambient noise can affect our creativity in a positive way. So moderate noise will actually improve your creativity while loud music will affect it negatively. (See this)

As an artist I can understand this point well, I don't like loud noises while I am working, but I will most likely enjoy hearing something. I like to be alone, but not completely alone. If people are talking on the background it makes me work more efficiently.

So put on some good music and enjoy your day! Thank you for reading :)

411
whyisitso is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• I feel the same as you do, but would add more about how it has affected myself specifically. It's refreshing to see that another person in this world feels the same as I do when it comes to music.

• I have a TON of songs specifically for upping my mood. After my surgery, I forgot so much of my life that some old songs tend to bring back other memories.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, I totally relate to most of this. I love those moments when a song plays and it’s describing exactly what I’m going through and I didn’t even choose the song. Music is so comforting and it makes it a bit easier for me to get through tough experiences. Excellent MyTake ⭐️

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 9

• Didn't read, but I occasionally spam songs while I'm playing games.

As a result, when I listen to Disturbed's "Asylum", I remember playing Warframe every morning during the summer 5 years ago when I was 17, and watching Dota 2's The International 3 championship with some friends during the day.

When I listen to "Love Falls" by Hellyeah, I remember getting buzzed on whiskey and playing Dragon's Dogma late into the night last Summer.

• Thanks for the advice I think I will get some tunes going. I have every thing except opera. Kind of irritates some people that are around because they are stuck on 1950s country.. lol

• I always try to listen to music when I can, wish I had permanent early buds that no one else could hear or notice

• I agree entirely. I like the Jake the dog GIF. Superb myTake.

• The are the only one who are there with us in all type of situations (sad, happy, angry, etc..)

• Good mytake. A smell, a song conjures up memories, and idea, maybe motivation

• Good take, music usually helps my moods.

• That's why I can't remember anyone's name.

• It really was a "brilliant invention"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WusXmcgRrSM

What Girls Said 2

• Nice

• Good take