The Magic of Selena Gomez

The Magic of Selena Gomez

Having wanted to post this long ago, I’m now prompted to with the drop of her two new singles “Look At Her Now” and “Lose You to Love Me,” both of which I’ve listened to already and don’t even need to say how much I love them. I have been a big male fan of Selena for many years in a way that is not the same for other celebrity worshipers, and I’ll tell you why.

Why do I love the Gomez?...

Oddly enough, I have been very curious and intrigued with Selena Gomez for years, since wayyyyyyyyy back in the late 2000s when she was doing the Disney show The Wizards of Waverly Place, that I never even watched because I didn’t have cable and I didn’t watch Disney kids programs. For some strange reason I had always been very intrigued by this young girl with Mexican looks and a mane of beautiful dark hair. And it was never out of any sexual, romantic attraction, as oddly enough I have never been able to feel that way about her even now that she is an adult. I see her more as someone who could be a sister or a friend, or a kind of agape love soulmate from another world. All I know is that I’ve always found her to be curious and that she was often in my thoughts back then in her youth, and I don’t know why.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

This interest in the Gomez has been one very difficult for me to explain. It’s as if there is some kind of energy about her that I connect with or something. Even back then in the late 2000s, she was actually a part of the inspiration for some of my old paintings of fantasy theme parks and fantasy towns that I would locate in southern California, where I’ve always wanted to go. She has always seemed to be something different to me. Of course, she is still a human and still a celebrity and like all celebrities has done things that are not perfect and things that I of course don’t agree with or approve of, like her dating Justin Bieber in the past. Yet I still like her.

She stands her ground with her musical style...

I have followed most of Selena’s music, namely since her album Stars Dance, which although may have some corny tracks and some that were too adult for her at the time, were ones that I still like, like “Come and Get It.” I even still enjoy her funny Waverly Place single “Tell Me Something I Don’t Know.” But I haven't really been into her old collaborations with The Scene. Her last album Revival was my favorite, with dark chocolate tracks on it that seemed to glow with my sensual personality, especially “Body Heat,” and although “Revival” is not a sexual song, it’s the music and rhythm of it that ignites my sexuality, as if I step into an ancient crystal pyramid full of exotic energy that takes over me.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

One of the things I love about Selena as a singer is that her voice is hers. It’s original. And her voice has a normal melody that she does not try to change. Unlike all the other female pop artists nowadays, who want to sing with annoying overdone R&B vocals that they think sound great and are supposed to imitate black women’s voices - who don’t even really sound like that - when they really just sound like European and American white girls and Latinas working overtime to sound like black women. This irritates the hell out of me. But Selena has maintained her normal voice and hasn’t succumbed to trying to change with the industry, and I hope she never does.

I also like the poetry of her lyrics. It reminds me of me and my own poetry. I feel like I understand where she’s coming from even if other people might think her songs are just okay. And even if I think some of her songs are just okay, I understand what she’s trying to say.

Her image…

Back in the late 2000s, along with Selena, I also developed a curiosity with Demi Lovato, which later did turn into a crush I had on her, especially after I had the pleasure of speaking to her a few times through email after somebody leaked her personal email address online. I have talked about this in more detail on other sites, but I’m not gonna do that here. I later found out that she and Selena were friends. Way back then I thought highly of Demi and her concern with wanting to go against bullying in schools, and was under the impression that she would go on to grow up into being one of the few decent young starlets in Hollywood, while for a time I lost faith in Selena because of her relationship with Bieber.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

The opposite happened. Demi got older and started taking on more of a sensual, badass image, acting not-so-great and saying things she shouldn’t have, subscribing to the bipolar diagnosis to explain her behavior, going down dark paths, creating drama with Selena, and turning into a bully herself by coming out against 21 Savage and deleting her Twitter account because of the backlash. While Selena was the one to keep up a decent image. Even if she was with Bieber and maybe did some dumb things, the thing about Selena is that she has never felt like she needed to look darker, act darker, be bad as she wanna be, shave one side of her head, subscribe to bisexuality, delve into hard drugs, have several boyfriends, or even jump into a marriage with anybody.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

Selena has kept her voice and pretty much kept her image. Her lyrics have of course become more sensual, but sexual development is a normal part of growing up. There are people who dislike Selena simply because they feel that her image is too clean, princess-ish, or like a diva and are the ones who support all the bitchy, trashy, grimy girls, but Selena has not given in and she maintains many more fans and followers on Instagram than pop and hip hop’s biggest female artists like Rihanna, Cardi B, and Beyonce. Selena is in 2019 the 4th highest icon on Instagram with 158 million followers, even higher than Taylor Swift who is 11th.

She's seen some rough times…

Every now and then I check up on some of my favorite icons and singers on Wikipedia to see if any new information is up, and back in 2008 when I read about her, there was of course very little since her career and profile was still basically new, and when I looked her up again a few years later there still wasn’t much more going on, then recently I found more of a fleshed out article on Wikipedia that surprised me.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

When she was a kid Selena and her mom were actually struggling - and not the kind of whiny stuff that priveleged kids want to complain about, but the real deal that was even similar to my own hardships growing up. She and her mom actually had to use change they would hunt for just to keep gas in their car, and were food shopping at the dollar store cuz they couldn’t afford the grocery store. And her mom even had to work three jobs. She dealt with the separation of her parents and the ups and downs of life. And she overcame her battle with lupus in recent years that I remembered hearing about. She has definitely seen some things that I don’t think most Hollywood kids have really experienced.

She stands her ground with her faith...

Selena also surprisingly makes claim to the Christian faith as a celebrity and attends the Hillsong church, and although I do know there are celebs who also claim it, what makes it so surprising with her is that she is actually open about her faith and relationship with God, giving credit to him and not being ashamed of Christ or hiding your belief, which is exactly in the Bible, nor is she doing it as a publicity move or socially political statement. And she isn’t a Republican Christian either. What she is doing is not something common with Hollywooders, as the entertainment industry is full of anti-Jesus vibes, messages, and lifestyles. She is courageously open about it and I’m sure she’s aware of what the rest of Hollywood thinks.

The Magic of Selena Gomez

But let me be real here. Even if you don’t agree with all her spiritual perspectives or testaments of faith, or think her being a celebrity and a Christian at the same time don’t work or even go against each other, or feel that her Hillsong church is just another shady megachurch, the point is that I do think Selena does have some kind of care about God and does mean to be an upright person in faith. Like all of us, she is not a spotless angel and she will continue to grow in her faith and learn more truth if she is as serious about it as she says she is.

Maybe one day I’ll get to meet her…

There aren’t a lot of celebrities I really care about and wouldn’t ever really want to meet. I’ve already met a few no-big-deal icons in real life, and I’ve chatted with a few big name stars online before. However, Selena is one I think I would be interested in meeting some day. I feel like we may possibly have some things in common. She has a temperament that is somewhat similar to my own, especially in how she responded to fans talking about Hailey Baldwin - Bieber’s now-wife - throwing shade at Selena in her controversial Instagram post with a song from Summer Walker called “I Will Kill You.”

The Magic of Selena Gomez

She is a celebrity and of course she has her flaws and things that I don't like or agree with - her past relationship with Bieber, her friendship with Taylor Swift, and her sometimes overglamorous dress and makeup styles. I always feel like even if we may be very different in lifestyles or mindsets that there is still something somewhere in the waves that we might connect on that would be the core thing of the situation. There is some kind of energy there I can't explain. For some reason she has always radiated many bright colors to me that I would like to see up close for myself. Maybe some day that will happen.

#SelenaGomez

The Magic of Selena Gomez
12
16

Most Helpful Guys

• AlphaGhost
    Dude She is one hell of a manipulative woman and her entire affair with Justin biber was there to give her fame and I used to be her fan and hate Justin. Then I learned information about their latest breakup in 2018 and the words Justin used after it.
    He openly stated that "She used him to gain fame" and She did same thing again 2k18 to get in news before her album as their great REUNION but when public don't give much attention to it... She killed the entire thing after just 1 month cuz it was always about the views.
    I am really sorry to say but She is cocky, rude and her carrier is built by her relationship with Justin and if you meet her in concert (like I do) it will burst your bubble too.
    I personally think Ariana Grande is the only woman that built her carrier entirely cuz of her talent as "Phenomenal singer" but Selena and Taylor on the other hand...
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

What you say may be true.

• Porcelaine

I am so glad more people see through her ''innocent'' nature. She is very manipulative and her hunger for fame makes her use people. She once paid a paparazzi to take pictures of her while she was on the beach, and later told the media that ''omg a creepy older man was photographing her and she felt so violated''.. I looked at the photos and she was definitely posing. after that I never saw her the same way

• ManOnFire

@Porcelaine I Googled this and can't find anything about it. I find articles about this guy 'scaring her' but nkt that she paid him. Do you know about this situation personally? Just asking.

• MoscowMitch
    She's easy on the eye and less of an attention whore than Miley Cyrus. Having said that, I'm learning things about her that I didn't want to know. Be careful who you idolize because you may be disappointed.
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

Right. I'm learning those things too.

Most Helpful Girls

• JazzHands
    terrible girl who took advantage of her best friend...

1) Pressured her friend into finding out if they were a match for a kidney
    2) Gomez found out that they were a match before her best friend, which is ILLEGAL. The doctor should have NEVER told GOMEZ before he told the donor.
    3) Started to abuse her kidney with alcohol after her friend gave her a second chance at life
    4) CUT her best friend friend off after her friend confronted her about her unhealthy choices
    5) has the audacity to say that she "is tired of feeling like she owes her friend something just because her friend gave her a kidney"

GURLLLLL you owe your friend your LIFE. DO NOT joke with me and say that you owe her nothing?

Gomez is NASTY and I can't see why people continue to support her.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Unirocks

Where did you read the last bit? Very interested

• JazzHands

@Unirocks Hi, here is the quote word for word

"A source said the 27-year-old was “sick” of feeling “indebted” to her friend after taking her kidney in a life-saving surgery.

“The truth is that Selena was tired of feeling like she owed something to her because she gave her a kidney,”

Source: canoe.com/.../selena-gomez-sick-of-feeling-indebted-to-kidney-donor-friend-source

• azra91

you are just jealous

• Damn I'm reading some of these comments and they have me shook.

She makes good music, and I used to watch her on Disney Channel when I was a little kid- but reading some of these opinions- I didn't even know that stuff about her... Damn...
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

Me either! That's why I'm completely broken and have no choice but to cut away from her. I watched this video in depth about the kidney thing and my eyes are open now.
      https://youtu.be/OZX2Jm6w2G0

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1014
  • Investigator
    I didn't actually read any of this take besides the bullets points, but just going off the fact that she is a former Disney child star who spent the majority of her adolescence in the limelight, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the only "magic" to be observed is the kind in the editor's booth. She is an actress, first and foremost, so her entire life--for better or worse--has been spent crafting a family-friend, PG rated image by which she can be loved and adored. The House of Mouse expects nothing less. They certainly didn't become the de facto standard for family entertainment by letting any old guff on their airwaves and the effects of this extreme rigid conformity are probably felt years after the contract has expired.

Like, if you actually think about the censorship and mental strain required of these youngsters to become Disney-certified stars, given just squeaky clean they have to appear and how little control they have over their lives, you'd start to realize that A) their adult years are basically spent trying to reclaim their lost childhoods and create their own identities independent of an all-encompassing global enterprise and B) Disney is a f*cking tyrannical sh*thole of a company, both ethically and practically. The only reason I can figure that they aren't more hated is that they have some of the world's best PR firms and lawyers on standby.
  • RolandCuthbert
    Well, I have problems telling Halsey from Ariana Grande, from Selena Gomez, from Taylor Swift, from Katy Perry, from Jesse J, from Miley Cyrus. Are we absolutely certain these are not just different aspects of the same being?
    • ManOnFire

Not exactly. The female pop and hip hop world has a vocal sound that originated with black women. Over the years as more white and Latina singers have mixed into it, they've tried to immitate that same sound with their own voices - which in the 90s and 2000s was not THAT bad, but as we entered the 2010s these non-black women have tried extremely hard to evolve their voices into a sultry black woman's sound that is not normal for them and sounds really very irritating.

Taylor, Katy, and Miley are not so bad, but it's the ones like Bebe Rexha, Halsey, and Kendall Jenner that really, really make me mad as shit with their voices.

• Yeah, I will never be able to tell any of them apart. They are not really singers to me. And there is nothing compelling about what they are singing about. Most of it is just low-grade pop. The best of what they have is "cute".

“Even though you say that you love me
      Is it me or do you love my disguise?
      If I kissed you, would you think I was lonely
      If I let you inside?”

The Magic of Selena Gomez

If I could only lose 20 years.

• ManOnFire

Pretty fuckable. Who is that?

• PurpleStorm
    Vain, a hypocrite and attention whore. Used to think she was a sweet little thing back in the day, but now I grew up, met hundreds of more girls who put on the same sweet act just to get something out of it. I am sure she is actually nice often, it's just obvious when the camera is on she does it to keep a certain image.
  • laurenzzz
    TBH , i hate the shit out of her , she is so damn depressed even after everything that i person can have , she even got lucky to find a friend who'd donate her a kidney , yet she stays depressed. it looks like she just wants attention and fame , and nothing else , it would have been much better if she wouldn't have got another kidney
  • leahzrc
    Selena gomez is cool but I'm not gonna read all of this
    • ManOnFire

So keep moving.

• leahzrc

what

• ManOnFire

As in, don't waste my time by responding.

• Lord_Ateag
    What. The only people who will read this whole thing are the people who read the Harry Potter series in one sitting.
  • Don't know. Sounds like a bad case of pussy pedelization😋
  • DizzyDesii
    I dont like the hoemez but i like some of her songs like
    The heart wants what it wants
    Hands to myself
    Come & get it
    Same old love
    • DizzyDesii

And what that but say about my bae 21 savage?

• DizzyDesii

Oh nvm that was demi came at him

• ManOnFire

I looooooove "The Heart Wants What It Wants"❤

• Her show is a classic. At least the earlier episodes. Wait wut
  • Ücool
    Selena can't sing and looks like a 14 year old change my mind
    • ManOnFire

I agree that she looks like a 14 year-old, it's like she will perpetually look childlike. But she is a good singer.

• Ücool

Nah, her voice lacks power, and she's really breathy. She's mediocre at best

• jc_denton
    Hate her music but I'd fuck the living daylights out of her until I die of exhaustion
  • loveslongnails
    Someone's got a cruh... ush.
    Someone's got a cruh... ush
    :)
  • Alicia257
    But she can’t sing
  • She is really very cute. Disney Princess!
  • selfdestruction
    You forgot that she’s bloody hot too
  • Babygirl_S
    I like her songs.
  • Joker_
    omg bro do u have a crush on selena
    • ManOnFire

Dude, I think I said in the Take that I can't feel that way about her.

• Joker_

Thank you

• mistixs

@ManOnFire has said before that he prefers big tits. Selena is relatively small-busted.

• Anonymous
    She’s very classy seems nice but I hope her next songs are not about her ex Bieber. I hope she stops talking about him once and for all. I hope she never goes back to him. She should have left him the first time he cheated but he kept playing her like a guitar every time. You think she would learn from all the rehab she had and therapy to never go back but she did. So I hope she learns to be on her own and the right person will come along
  • Anonymous
    she is gorgeous
  • Anonymous
    she is so beautiful
  • Anonymous
    Many people don't realize she was one of the little girls on Barney and friends

If you were to choose one of the people from Glee, to sing, lose you to love me, who would you choose?
    • ManOnFire

I actually already did know she was on Barney.

I would pick Lea Michelle.

• Anonymous

Cool

• Anonymous
    lol Females in the music industry aren’t trying to have a black woman’s voice. In fact, Bebe Rexha had to sing a part in “The Monster” because Rihanna couldn’t hit such a high note. Get over yourself.
    • ManOnFire

They sure as fuck are trying to sound like black women. I'm sure other black women singers could've hit it too, not just Bebe Rexa.

• Anonymous

Stop trying to make urself feel better by coming up with crap.

• ManOnFire

Lmfao. I don't need to.

• Anonymous
    Selena Gomez is a drug addict and she took her friends kidney THEN CUT HER OFF. she's not a nice person
    • ManOnFire

I remember hearing about her friend giving her that kidney, but don't know anything about cutting her off. Can you tell me more about this?

• Anonymous

after getting a BRAND NEW KIDNEY, Selena starts to abuse it with heavy drinking. the friend that gave her the kidney said that she should stop drinking and partying so much because her body still needs time to heal and Selena cut her off because she wants to do whatever she wants. and she slept with her only friends husband. Jennifer Aniston became Selena Gomez only friend and the minute Jennifer files for divorce with her husband, Selena goes and sleeps with him.

• ManOnFire

Wowwww. It sounds like you must be very close to these individuals to have such knowledge. If what you say is really true - and I can't necessarily say it's not - then I will change my mind about Selena. But what about the faith situation? Is she lying about being a Christian?

• Anonymous
    so to summarize... she's hot. <3