Why do my scrambled eggs turn brown?

They don't become burnt really. They just have get this brown color to them.

https://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-make-scrambled-egg-omelet-in-wok.html?m=1

I'm trying to use this technique. However, it looks like my egg cooks way faster than hers. Before I even have time to do the whole sliding and flipping technique she uses, the egg is already formed.

I wait until there is a bit of smoke coming out of the wok before I put the egg in. I don't put the egg in from a high height. I use high heat, like she said.

Yet the egg gets this brown color to them, it's only the side that forms when I drop the egg in, that gets this brown color.
She said to wait until there is smoke coming out of the wok. She said to use high heat. I followed the directions.

"Heat your wok on high and add a few drizzles of oil. When smoke starts coming out of the wok, add in the eggs and swirl around in the wok until a thin layer is formed."

Those are her directions.

Hers come out a nice golden color, but mine gets a brown color.

The oil used is corn oil.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• You left them in too long, you either use high heat and flash fly, or a lower heat and cook it out. Every stove top and wok is different, fro what you've said about the egg cooking faster, yours is hotter.

It's 10x easier to make this in a normal frying pan since a wok concentrates heat.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you use oil or grease on your pan? That would be my guess.