Is Dungeons & Dragons "lame"?

Is Dungeons & Dragons "lame" in the context of teenagers playing it? I was talking to someone the other day and he looked at me disappointedly when I mentioned I played D&D. He said it's super nerdy and "lame." I already knew it was considered a nerdy hobby, but I am a little self conscious about it after that conversation. Am I too old to be playing D&D? Is it really that cringey? Personally, I think it's fun and I'm usually very comfortable doing my own thing as long as it makes me happy.
  • Yes, it's lame
  • No, it's not lame
  • Other (add a comment please)
    Vote C
I love the overwhelmingly positive response. Thank you! I don't know why I second-guessed myself. I'm so happy I'm not the only one here who thoroughly enjoys and appreciates D&D.
Wow! Guess what I just found out! The same guy I talked to who made me feel bad about playing D&D just told me he started playing it, too. He joined a campaign and everything. I just thought that was great and wanted to share that with you all.

213

Most Helpful Guy

• Dungeons and Dragons is the best game ever invented. I've been playing and DMing since 1989 myself.
    Yes, it's nerdy. However that's one of the key things that makes it so fun.

Most Helpful Girl