Why isn't the show growing pains as famous and celebrated as other shows from that time?

it's one of my top favourite 90s sitcoms.
i love the humour, concept, storyline, music, everything. very good balance. the family dynamic is very warm and fun. plus it had dicaprio. i think i like it more than full house.

i just never heard anyone talk about it like they do other shows and i don't get why.
  • people like it, i hear it mentioned
  • it was overshadowed by other shows
  • never heard of it
    Vote C

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think it's because of the 3 main child actors and their wildly different paths in life. Kirk Cameron, became an Uber Christian. Tracy Gold fought with anorexia and bulimia. Jeremy Miller became a drug addict and an alcoholic. And then Dicaprio ruined the show like Seven did in Married with Children.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • how did he ruin it?

• He was added because Kirk no longer wanted to be "trouble maker" on the show. He wanted Mike to grow up and be a role model for the troubled kids in the world. They added Leo to try and recapture the "bad-boy with a heart of gold" image that Mike had made famous to fix the ratings dip. The only season Leo was on was the final season because it didn't work out in the end.