Why isn't the show growing pains as famous and celebrated as other shows from that time?

it's one of my top favourite 90s sitcoms.
i love the humour, concept, storyline, music, everything. very good balance. the family dynamic is very warm and fun. plus it had dicaprio. i think i like it more than full house.

i just never heard anyone talk about it like they do other shows and i don't get why.
  • people like it, i hear it mentioned
    Vote A
  • it was overshadowed by other shows
    Vote B
  • never heard of it
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think it's because of the 3 main child actors and their wildly different paths in life. Kirk Cameron, became an Uber Christian. Tracy Gold fought with anorexia and bulimia. Jeremy Miller became a drug addict and an alcoholic. And then Dicaprio ruined the show like Seven did in Married with Children.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • how did he ruin it?

• He was added because Kirk no longer wanted to be "trouble maker" on the show. He wanted Mike to grow up and be a role model for the troubled kids in the world. They added Leo to try and recapture the "bad-boy with a heart of gold" image that Mike had made famous to fix the ratings dip. The only season Leo was on was the final season because it didn't work out in the end.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I haven't seen it (80's and 90's American sitcoms do not sit well with me) but did it do anything original?

0|0
    0|0
  • that's a good question. I noticed that its not the only 90s show that's pretty underrated. the same could be said about Even Steven, Boy Meets World, Clarissa Explains It All, and many others

0|0
    0|0
    • i've heard a lot of people talk favourably of boy meets world and even stevens

• and full house, sister sister, family matters, etc

• yea I remember those three as well though I rarely watched real life show. I always watch the super heroes stuff like Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad and Masked Ryder. other than that I just watched cartoons

• In the U. S. it is just as famous and celebrated as other sitcoms from that era.

0|0
    0|0
    • Growing Pains is pretty much the only sitcom that Alan Thicke, Kirk Cameron, and Tracey Gold are known for.

• Because Ben started selling sexual favors for sudafed

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never heard of it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes