Whats your opinion of anime?

I have 3 friends into anime. Aside from Peach Girl (the English dub), im just not into anime. If people wanna watch it fine whatever. But i won't lie, its kinda a turnoff to me. My boyfriend is pissed at me cause he loves it and wants our son to be his mini-me and constantly game and watch anime too. And i was like, games on occasion but ugh i hope not anime, such a turnoff. So yup, he hung up on me 🙈😂 #FeelFreeToList #AnimeLovers
  • Im a guy who watches anime
  • Im a guy who doesn't watch anime
  • Im a girl who also watches anime
    Vote C
  • Im a girl who doesn't watch anime
    Vote D
Thanks everyone for your answers. We’ll agree to disagree. But yes its a turnoff for me when my boyfriend thinks he has a future in becoming a ninja assassin like on his animes. I thought it was like cute roleplay at first but he's serious and i just can't take him seriously. Its like talking to a child sometimes. he's already asked if i’ll be his ride or die chick as he takes down bad guys. Its good he wants to save the world and have his Kill Bill moment (i love that movie) but i ain gonna date a killer

3058

Most Helpful Guys

• Voted B... I could live with it if my girl were into it but I'm not an anima lover. I'm on your side :D

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I HATE it! I have friends who watch it and they akways talk about it and play J Pop music. And he's now learning Japanese. What annoys me most is they think they're experts on Japanese culture.
    Also, honest observation. Most adults who are into Animae suffer from Aspergers or other developmental disorders. Like they have the minds of children.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I love it but there has to be a balance lol
    Some anime people live in their own bubble of anime fandom, to the point of headbands, fox tails, daily cos play, and quoting a line or pretending to be an anime character every other sentence.
    It is a fun world but not for everyone. I am the only family member into anime and some are too cheesy or strange.
    But its like anything one may love a lot. I think he should stop proposing it on you and kid like that.
    People who dont like anime are just as awesome as those who love it.
    He should embrace your likes and dislikes as well.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Love this opinion

• Yes thats why anime is a turnoff to me. he's lost himself

• Awe poor guy. Anime / vid game world targets the imaginitive parts of our mind while stimulating various senses... like an intense vivid dream.

Some people like the dream better than reality. He probably finds life mundane and boring, chasing after the fantasu

• I never quizte understood the appeal of anime. But more importantly, I never understood the obsession a lot of people have with it. Some people seem like they can't tell it from reality anymore. lol

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Exactly i think thats what annoys me the most

• @MrNameless soap operas like days of our lives and passions and one tree hill are way more interesting

• Okay maybe that explains it, because I also never understood the appeal of soap operas. They're usually poorly executed, acted, and written.