Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

Hello and welcome everyone! It's your boy Hal reporting😜

If you're an only child like me, you must know the struggles of our daily life. While you are quite jealous of your friend with siblings, you might not know what it's teaching you from inside. This one's especially for you. So, let's start-

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

1) Surviving on your own

Growing up as an only child, you become more self-dependent. You come to know that unlike others, there's no one to help you up with your homework and projects. No one will run up to burger corner to grab something for you even if you're really tired. No one will help you with cleaning and no one will bear anything for you. This lesson always helps a single child till death because there comes a point in life where you've to distant yourself from your sibling and then life might be difficult for people with a sibling but we know that there's only one sibling of us- we ourselves.

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

2) Overcoming boredom

The people who have spent their whole life without a sibling have this unique talent of overcoming boredom in any situation. We don't have a sibling to play board games with us. We don't have a sibling with whom we can play pranks on others. This sometimes sucks and we do envy those with siblings but eventually, we learn to overcome this lonliness. we generally follow a hobby and work on it strictly.

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

3) Opening up

Being an only child isn't easy. Social get-togethers ate really awkward for us where we don't know anyone and we get cringed up while the others are talking with their siblings and two-three people talking among themselves don't seem weird. We might not have a sibling to talk with us but we do have some life-saving angels called friends. People who have grown up being an only child can make friends easily as compared to those with siblings because we are already out of our comfort-zone. Therefore, we start talking to random people there and it works fine for us.

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

4) Taking responsibilities

Being on your own teaches you to be responsible. You know that there's no one to handle all your shit. If you catch fever, only you'll have to bear all the hassle. You'll just suffer more and you can't really afford that. Only you'll be responsoble for every mischief you do because there isn't anyone else to play "blame game" with you and you will probably get your ass kicked for doing things wrong.

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

5) Decision-Making

Decision making is an important part of everyone's life. Fortunately, we aka people with no sibling get to practice this thing comparatively more. There's no splitting of shares and the same goes for taking decisions. Only you have to take decisions and only you have to face its consequences. You get more chances to interpret things, take decisions and learn from it.

Things You Learn Being an Only Child!

That was all for this time.

Thanks for reading😊

Love you all❤️

and it's been a long day without you my friend. Oh I'll tell you all about it when I'll see you again😉

1211
Halucinator is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• that's good that you can see the positive things in life. I some times wish I was the only "girl" in the family. I had a sister and it took a toll on my self esteem but it was totally due to the manipulative and emotional abuse from my mom on me... but I feel like I wished some times I was an only child. It sucks having siblings who are always "blaming" stuff on you or doing bad things and then "you get blamed for not being responsible" for them. My mom always acted "dumb" like she wasn't the mom, and expected me to "raise" my sister who was only 3 years younger than me. It was HORRIBLE. Siblings does some times SUCK.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh I'm so sorry. I hope things are better now.

• Here, have a box of snickers

• Lolol

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what people are talking about when they say they're bored. I never feel "bored," I have shit to think about. I listen to music in my head, write scenes, recall memories, I never get "bored." You can leave me in a tiny room for years, I'll be fine.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• Sometimes wish I was an only child lol. I have four siblings and it's not exactly fun. But great take!💜

• I was the only child till 10 years, now my sisters came. -_- :P

• I have siblings - but all of this applies to me. There is no huge age gap between myself and my siblings either.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am the only girl... and the first

• yeah my siblings were way older and i didn't have any of that stuff you mentioned--sounded cool though :)

• This also holds true if you have siblings that are 5 or more years difference in age as well.

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 10

• Very true. I was the only child for 20 years. On my scale, there are more benefits growing up as the only child because we develop additional skills. Like the surviving, responsibility and decision-making. Very useful in adult life.

• You forgot the best thing... "you don't need to share ANYTHING!"

• Speaking also as an only child, you may have forgotten ingenuity. We had to figure out how to do things that normally would take 2 or 3 to do. Or figure something out when we had no one to ask.

• Your info is absolutely spot on
    But being an only child also has some flaws
    Like having the pressure of huge expectations from parents for achievement
    Also having a huge burden of taking care of elderly parents and having to deal with their passage alone
    Also, it gets harder once they are married because they are used to being so independent...
    I'm an only child so I know this

• But you also tend to be spoiled with parental attention, and hate it when the world won’t give you the same amount of attention. That’s what having 10 siblings is good for: I’m used to not getting any parental attention lol

• More from Guys
    5