GAGers, send your friend (s) a text!

Anonymous

I am a first-year college student right now, and quarantine is beating me up. I have a small friend group of about 4 people. I am feeling really lonely right now and I am always the one to reach to my friends. I did an experiment: I stopped texting/initiating contact with them to see how long it would take them to contact me. It has been 2 weeks now, and not a single one of them has contacted me.

Maybe they aren’t the type to text or call? Maybe they are super busy? Maybe they have other priorities? Why are they not contacting me? I asked myself these questions. The simple truth is they aren’t very good friends. They are constantly posting, on TikTok, Instagram, etc..., active on social media. Right now, I wish one of them would reach out to me. I need them to care about me.

You may have a long-lost friend that is at home struggling right now. They may be in my position: trying to stay afloat depression, anxiety, financial struggles, etc... They may be lonely.

Reach out to your friend! Even if it just a text saying “hey”, to some people, that would mean the world during these harsh times. Even if you haven’t talked to them for weeks, months, or even years, reach out to them and let them know that you care for them. It really does make a difference.

GAGers, send your friend (s) a text!
GAGers, send your friend (s) a text!
5
0

Most Helpful Guys

• That's a good idea. But as much as I need to reach out to my friends I think I need someone to reach out to me.
    Is this still revelant?
  • woodelf307
    I text my cousins usually i keep very few friends im lonely too so i feel that aspect
    Is this still revelant?
    • woodelf307

@asker would you like to text and be friends or nah?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

03
  • ohshee
    Amen I hear that hey if you ever want to chat hit me up it could be fun and I'm always looking for a real friend
  • Joker_
    I actually really like this myTake
  • Anonymous
    Hey. Let’s get connected? I am feeling lonely too due to quarantine.