A Snapshot of the Day in the Life of Being a Parent

loves2learn m
Not my actual child
Not my actual child

A few years ago my youngest had to get an enema at childrens hospital. He thought the tube up his butt was hilarious. The diaper was an indignity he was very upset about. He tried to rip it off, despite the liquid diarrhea and thankfully Mrloves2learn got him to the toilet where he happily shit his brains out for 5 min. How is that for a story?

My car was no match for the armored car
My car was no match for the armored car

Let me start from the beginning. This was the day I hit the armored car, the police came and did not give me a ticket due to icy roads and in fact transported me (in the back of their squad car, checking for weapons first) to my psychiatrist appointment. How is that for service? And gave me their business cards in case my husband could not pick me up and said to call and they would transport me back to my car.

It certainly wasn’t good
It certainly wasn’t good

Soooo, I was on my way to the car shop, hubs had delivered me back to my car and was riding with the tow truck driver, Tony. Tony is a dad, this is relevant. Anyhoo, I’m in the tow truck with Tony and get a somewhat frantic call from hubs.

He picked youngest up from my parents house and he is now frantically screaming bloody murder that his tummy hurts.

Tony heard this all on speaker and Tony and I made the executive decision that hubs should just take youngest straight to childrens hospital.

Apparently when you bring a 3 year old in screaming bloody murder you miraculously get a room instantly and are seen right away. 🤔

So I was freaaaaaking out in Tony’s tow truck. Trying my best (not succeeding) not to cry because I was so worried. Tony is trying to talk me down telling me stories about his 3 year old daughter and how she was screaming one time and was fine.

So they get youngest into x-ray and he is literally full of shit. 😂 Like filled to the gills with excrement and gas on top of that. If you knew this child you would know how apropos this is…

So the determined solution is said enema in which a nurse stuck a tube of pink fluid up youngest’s butt while he laughed his head off. Then came the infamous diaper, thank goodness for a bathroom. I was at the car repair shop living for every update.

We all finally made it home in one piece (I’d had to call our amazing neighbor to grab oldest off the bus, same bus as her son and she did).

All 4 of us are finally home so we are all curious to know how youngest’s enema was. 😂

3 year old youngest recounted that the lady stuck a tube up his bum, which tickled. Insert 3 year old hysterical laughter.

And he, with great indignation, recounted how that nurse did not know he DOES NOT WEAR DIAPERS. Thankfully his dad got him to a toilet and he was happy. Day in the life.

#parentinglife that is.

24
7
7Girl Opinion
24Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Wiredone
    Being a parent is definitely a adventure. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm sorry about your car
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • OnTheLevel
    Sounds like an average Thursday with kids.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

722
  • CharlyQuinn_
    4am get woken up by little one
    4:15am feed little one
    4:20 put her back to bed
    4:30 have a kip
    5am wake oldest up
    5:10 bath oldest
    6:am Prepar breakfest
    7am send oldest one to school
    8am change Little one
    9am Start work
    12pm Have Lunch
    4pm Prepare tea
    7pm Bath Oldest
    7:30pm Put oldest to bed.
    Like 1 Person
  • matchrestore
    Luckily my son has been pretty regular. His big thing now though is to wait to poop til we're home, which ok, I get it, I prefer to poop in the privacy of my own home, Pluss that's where the bidet is, but sometimes we don't go straight home from daycare. Today I spent a good 17 minutes in a porta potty at the playground waiting for him to finish pooping.
    Like 1 Person
    • 😂😂😂😂😂😂 the thing is he had been regular! We had no idea. Caught us by surprise!

• SaoirseS
    Thanks for sharing, this is hilarious! I’m not married/attached or have kids yet, much to my mother’s disappointment. For the time being I see parenting only through the eyes of parents. Thanks again!
    Like 1 Person
    • You are young. You have so much time.

• SaoirseS

I know! That’s what I keep telling my mom! Lol

• DizzyDesii
    You hit an actual armor truck? Like the kind people rob in gta?
    Like 4 People
    • Mmmhmmm. Whoops!

• DizzyDesii

Yea i know the cops rolled up. You lucky the armored soldiers ain't shoot 🤣

• They were really nice. This nice lady hopped out. I apologized she said she understood. Icy roads. And we proceeded to fill out a mountain of paperwork. Ugh.

• OlderAndWiser
    This particular story does not make me regret not having children! But I know it's a package deal and you get the good days with the bad days.
    Like 2 People
    • You most certainly do! I remember his giggles about the procedure fondly.

• MORPHEUS_12
    I totally thought that your son sustained a perforated bowel in the accident. I guess the drama of it all got his bowels churning.
    Like 1 Person
    • He wasn’t in my car, thankfully, the situations happened simultaneously. He was in the care of my parents when I hit the armored car.

• Guffrus
    It makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it?

30+ years poor Tony has been trying to get through to this woman and she still won't listen.
    Like 1 Person
  • DonkeyDan
    And now I'm not so disappointed I haven't had kids yet 😂😂
    Like 2 People
  • CrazyGirl2
    Okay… NO kids for me now! LOL 😂
    I'm glad it all worked out well in the end (Def not a bum pun)
    Like 2 People
    • 😂😂😂😂😂😂 they keep my life interesting.

• CrazyGirl2

I am sure they do. Personally, I can’t wait to be a mother! Not that I am in any rush, but I do truly look forward to becoming a mom.

• They are the light of my life ☀️

• Lillie_xo
    kids sound annoying
    i hope i wasn't like that (*/_\)
    Like 1 Person
  • InventorofWarp
    There's like a whole paragraph of context presumably missing from the beginning of a story that just jumps right into things with "this was the day I hit an armoured car" but I'll over look that.

Fuck I am never becoming a parent.
    I enjoy my freedom too damn much.
    My girls are enough.

On an unrelated note but related to the story, I had to get an enema when I was a boy. I had bowel issues early on and don't remember it anymore but I must've been pretty young. Probably like 4 or 5.
    Like 1 Person
  • karaspara
    Wow he did well with the Enema don't blame him for ripping the nappy off didn't go through all that toilet training for nothing 😂
    Like 1 Person
  • NightOwl8801
    Funny s*it with your son. literally. lol
    Cars are fixable and replaceable, people are not. Glad you were ok and police helped out a lot more than most would by taking you to your doctor
    Like 1 Person
  • t-8900
    so there are benefits to children that never shut up! XD
    Like 1 Person
    • INDEED! 😳

• t-8900

lol need to try this at the olive garden next time.

Just kidding olive garden sucks XD

• t-8900

at least mine does. they never put enough sauce or meatballs

• Alexalex92
    That's too much of shit going on, literally :P
    Hope everything is fine!
    Like 1 Person
  • Tstrbrainer
    That was some crash.

Kids, wow. What caused all that trouble in his tummy?
    Like 1 Person
  • exitseven
    Being a parent is a laugh a minute all right. Glad you had a good outcome. Great tale.
    Like 1 Person
  • aquamarine321
    That’s nice I have no clue because I don’t have any kids but I’m nervous to have kids
  • Sonorous
    Thanks for this reminder to keep it in my pants 🗿
    Like 1 Person
  • Charliefretz329
    Holy shit!!! 🤣 yep 👍 that’s a parents life to a tee
  • Nightroads
    Jimminy, getting flash back.
    Like 1 Person
  • Bricealan
    You hit an armored car?
    Like 1 Person
  • FunkyMonkee
    Did you notice that there was a dent in your car?
    Like 1 Person
  • CuriousAZ
    What a day!
    Like 1 Person
  • Calgarydirty69
    well don't crash
    Like 1 Person
  • jimmy2
    Did you let the kid drive the car
    Like 1 Person
  • msc545
    Sounds exciting!
    Like 1 Person
    • Riveting 😂

• Correct me if I am wrong. One time you said you had 3 cats. Another time you said you had a daughter? Am I remembering correctly. Could be a user with your same generic profile pic.

• msc545

Yep, that's me.

• Rudon00
    That's parenthood for you.
    Like 1 Person
  • Shihab91
    Lmaooo 😆😆😆 action action action
    Like 1 Person