Beard, Why Would You Need It?

So, I have been growing my beard since the age of 20 when it was first complete and looked good.

Now many people say that they like clean shaved look and on the other hand many others like the beard better.

I advocate for the beard, but why ? Let's see some of the reasons...

1. Looks good most of the time.

Beard, Why Would You Need It?

I mean look how great it looks.

2. Makes a man look more masculine.

3. Keeps you warm in the winter.

4. Protects the skin.

Beard, Why Would You Need It?

5. Kids likes that fulfy facial hair, they usually keep playing with it (Cute, I know ).

6. Women find it attractive.

Beard, Why Would You Need It?

7. A beard makes any man handsome.

So, now you ask why are you writing this?

I am writing because of a dare. @AlexEfron says that G@G community wants me shave it clean, now I told him if you make a poll and win, I would do it. Next week though, so I am advocating my case of why it is good to have a beard!

#SaveAbd

2341
AbdKilani is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• You're right, he's wrong. Beards rule.

Now, you're you're a white collar professional, consider going clean 'till your career is well launched.

• I wore a beard for around 15 years. Recently started going clean shaven as at my age, my beard aged my appearance a good 5 years.

I found that women love a nicely maintained beard. Some guys just grow these nests. If you trim the neck, keep the length nicely trimmed, it shows you are not a slob that simply does not prefer to shave.

I washed my beard with my hair. Excess shampoo and conditioner brought down kept it from being too rough and it always smelled nice. It had been explained to me by several women that a turn off for them was rough, often stinky facial hair. Once they experienced mine, they loved touching it and smelling it.

I swear it wicks away oils that cause acne. I would never get pimples, unless I shaved clean. A pimple was almost guaranteed within a day or two after.

Finally, my skin hasn't aged quite like most, even my own brother who is clean shaved. My skin around my mouth is wrinkle free. Again, I think the hair has something to do with it. Clean shaved I actually look about 5 years younger than I actually am.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 21

What Guys Said 39

• I'm jealous. I can grow facial hair on my chin and a mustache, but nothing beyond that. Luckily, I have a strong jaw, or I would be sunk. Still it would be nice to be able to grow a full beard, or at least some bad-ass, rugged stubble.

But if I could grow a beard I would probably definitely be going for the chest-hanger with braids, decorations--the whole nine yards.

• Kids like those facial hair? Really? My little cousin started whining once when he saw me in beard ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I used to like it when I was morbidly obese, gave me definition you know. Now that Iโ€™m becoming more healthy it just looks I don't know very unclean.

Contrary to popular belief I got more attention as someone with clean grooming than being a mans man. However sometimes a beard can look good on some folks but thatโ€™s a very rare few.

• A beard isn't for me. I've tried growing it out numerous times. By day 7 / 8, I end up shaving it off since it itches too much. It'd probably help me to look older (I got carded last week for a beer).

I think I look weird when I have facial hair. I go anywhere 2 to 4 days between shaves since I'm either lazy or don't have time. Too bad my skin doesn't allow for everyday shaves.

#SaveAbd You look good with a well kept beard as in your profile pic.

• Everything you posted is completely subjective.

1. Some guys look great with beards.
    2. Some guys look bad with beards

So a statement like "a beard makes any man handsome" seems more like a way to validate your own choice than an actual objective fact

• "6. Women find it attractive."

@Whatthefluff

#murderabd

this is getting fun! I'm wondering wither I want the beard off or I want this to continue

• Beards can definitely be cool. I usually don't do it just cause it's really hot right now and I have a hard time getting through the itchy phase.

But this definitely inspired me to consider it lol

• I'm growing a goatee cos my beard is all scragglish and my mom keeps making me shave it.
    Also, I think it's been growing at a slower rate than normal, and it's not even thick yet.

• I can see the appeal. Since the last 5 years or so though I've always prefered clean crisp shAve
    Its so satisfying to shave lol

All that beard just itches me ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Always remember, there are two kinds of guys out there :-
    1. Beardos
    2. Weirdos

Friendship aside, I'm on the #SaveAbd side

• Keep the beard it's great when a man has a full beard that he can style and groom and more women find a man with a beard more distinguished and sexy.#keepthebeard

• I have absolutely no interest in keeping a beard :)
    I don't like it, and beards are itchy. Besides a lot of girls don't like a beard including my girlfriend.

• I could never really grow one, hair is to light and not thick but yeah a beard can look good a on guy too. I would say keep it

• I can't grow a beard and I want you to suffer with me.

#ShaveAbd

• Have had a beard for nearly 20 years, varying lengths over the years.

• I used to have a beard, why would I need it because of my Viking ancestors

• I have a beard out of habit. I feel naked without it.

• Thanks for sharing your MyTake with us. Well appreciated i hope you keep your beard!!!

• Muslims need it for their faith others Just style i guess other than that its no need.

• I look narly in a beard or mustache , so I cut my hair bald and shave

• More from Guys
    19