The Struggles of Being a Curvy Woman

Similar body type to mine.
Similar body type to mine.

Having curves truly is a blessing and a curse. Many times I used to wish I didn't have them , other times I like them.

A part of me still thinks I need to be skinny , but I'm working on liking my body the way it is.

1. Boobs

Truly hate them . They are a 36DD . Honestly they have always been big. Other women have said nasty things to me about how disgusting my boobs are.

I'm a normal weight however I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs ( I'll have a BMI of 18 then ) so my boobs can be a C cup which would be nicer than my current DD cup.

I'm also really into fitness and want to be slim. I'm not fat I know that , but I feel like my body isn't slim enough and all the other girls are skinny with smaller boobs and I envy that.

Overall I would say I hate my boobs .

2. Butt

I like my butt. It isn't super big , it isn't small. It doesn't have an ideal shape but it looks alright. I'm into fitness and lifting has really helped make it firmer and more lifted.

At some times it can be saggy if I dont work out and that makes me feel gross. Other than that I love my butt.

3. Thighs

They have always been thick , I like them . Not much to complain about. I do sometimes feel worried because I don't have hips that are so wide you would have a thigh gap. I wish I had a thigh gap , but it doesn't bother me that I don't.

4. Legs

Because I have long legs , in certain outfits my legs and thighs can look too skinny. Especially my ankles and calves are skinny. But with lifting they are getting bigger and nicer.

People do make fun of my calves telling me they are too skinny and that's weird/not feminine like fuller calves. But I try to not care about that.

Love/hate relationship with my legs I would say.

5. Hips

My hips aren't big. But they aren't small. I'd say they are average.

Lifting weights has made them look much bigger and nicer though. I build muscle easily in my legs so my hips used to be an issue but now they aren't , my hips didn't widen till I was about 17 .

6. Waist

The only favourite part of my body that I can say I really like. My measurements are 36-26-41 so my waist is very defined. Even when I was heavier it was.

Also the only part of me no one's made fun of.

7. Other parts

I do get a bit annoyed with my feet , i wear a size 8.5/9 so they are big for a woman.

My hands are about 7.5" which is honestly quite big in my opinion , people tell me it looks disgusting but I'm not sure if they are as bad as I think.

I like my shoulders , they are not big or small . About 16" across. But I like that they are defined yet slender , and I appreciate my collarbones as well.

All in all , i like and hate my body at the same time. I find myself wishing I was skinny with smaller boobs and smaller butt . I envy those who are naturally skinny. I'm still not quite accepting of how I look , but I hope one day I can stop hating my body as often as I do.

3363

Most Helpful Guys

• These aren't the struggles of being a curvy woman. These are the struggles of being an insecure woman who just happens to be curvy. And a lot of what you listed you say you actually like. Sooooooo...

• I like it sometimes I hate it. I don't know if I like my body or completely hate it. There are some parts I really truly hate. And some I like.
      You are right I am insecure.

• This is not intended to be offensive or mean in any way. I think the issue here may be self image and the assumption that being different would be better. When in fact it would just be different and probably wouldn’t be anymore enjoyable. Be you! Some guys like skinny and others curvy. Some of us just like girls. I had a girl that was a friend and she always asked if her butt was too big. I told her a thousand times no, but she never heard it. She was sooooo pretty but she hated her body. I hurt for her because no amount of compliments convinced her. I’m sure you are beautiful. 36DD!!! Hallelujah, life’s been good to you! Find the people who love you for just you as you are. Listen to their compliments and ditch anyone that doesn’t build you up. You’re on the right track just keep striving to love the person you are!

Most Helpful Girls

• Girl I want you to wake up every morning and first tell yourself this: I am healthy, and I am fit, and I am grateful for it.

Nothing else matters. No matter what you look like there will always be people who don't like it. And having some curves myself, I totally relate with the fact that, sometimes I, too, wish that I was more slender and lean, looks so youthful! But believe me, once you completely love your body you will thank yourself for it when you get older. You are young and youthful, and there is no guarantee how long you will stay like that. Embrace it.

Also, I need to heavily criticize the fact that many of your struggles aren't even struggles to begin with. Many of them sound more like insecurities or just the random body image dillema that we all more or less have.

It's fine, but the title was quite misleading for the content. I would go as far as saying that it sounded a bit like humble-bragging and sounded a lot like ungratefulness. You can't blame the people who will comment saying that you did this for attention and to get some nice comments from dudes here.

• I was with you till you said I was humble bragging. I am insecure. I hate myself. I'm just trying to express myself the best way I can.
      I won't lie that what you said honestly hurts.
      People in real life all hate me and make fun of me and my body. And I can't talk to anyone about my insecurities. Now I come on here and you tell me I'm seeking attention?

• It's hard, and takes time, so take all the time that it needs. But once you do it, you are gonna love how it feels, it's quite liberating in a way. I wish you good luck.

• Okay. Thank you for your help.
      And you were right people did angry thinking I was complaining about nothing...
      Kind of hurts but I guess I should have seen it coming.

• It sounds like you have the perfect body for you. You mention that you like the way you look except for when other people criticize you. Why do you care so much what others say about you? Only you can give them the power to hurt you with words.

Your feet and hands aren't big at all. They seem pretty normal to me, but then again, my feet are bigger than yours and I have a wingspan of 6 foot.

Your measurements are literally amazing. Get out of here. It sounds like you just need to stop listening to the haters because there's nothing wrong with the way you look, and I think you know that. At this point, you're just trying to please others and potentially gain sympathy points.

If you want to change the way you look, then do it because you want to, not because other people don't like the way you look. Stop complaining while you're at it. Have a beautiful day.

• Well that was a bit harsh but I get what you're saying. It is just not easy to not care what others think , especially when they offer me their opinion and its harsh even when i didn't ask for it. Getting made fun of constantly messes with ones head.
      I don't find my body ideal. Tons of people tell me my body is gross.

• I understand what you're saying. Sadly my brain still makes me feel bad even though I know everything you're saying is true. But I'm trying.
      No it's fine it wasn't harsh , just very honest. Which I needed I think , I need someone to be honest with me.

• Self love is a process. The important thing is to not beat yourself over the days you take a step back. You're trying and that's a major step. The thing about the brain is that you can reprogram in with psychology. Your self esteem is based on your thoughts of yourself, and you control your thought. Check out these vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOrzmFUJtrs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUO4SpT--rI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeCUfw657g

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 61

• Oh dear... another victim. How 'bout you just quit complaining about everything and work on being your best?
    If you were skinnier with smaller tits you'd be complaining about that.

Newsflash honey: The guys like curvy. But hate whining.

• when I saw the title, I thought you were going to say how difficult it is to go out without being staired at, constant looks at the gym, jealous girls snyde remarks, etc.. It is probably difficult to get comfortable with others looking at you. But it appears you are very critical of yourself. Maybe being more thankful would be in order... work on what you can, accept what you cannot change.

• Let me put this nicely... you are out of your FUCKING MIND !!! Talk about a first world problem! You have a gorgeous body, beautiful hair and long slender hands with perfect nails, sexy everything... and you're BITCHING? Looking like you is a STRUGGLE? Unbelievable !!! This post is either a joke, or the woman is seriously ILL !!

• Sorry to hear that you don't like some things about your body and other women are jealous of your boobs. Personally, I find curvy women really beautiful.

• The problem I find is that women don't seem to understand the difference between curvy and fat. Or maybe they do but don't want to face it. Curvy is big upper part and lower part with a narrow waist. Fat is "curvy" without the narrow waist. I think you can define it pretty much that easily.

• So you really just wanted to tell us about your bod... right? Yeah, tall and skinny is kind of nice too. What difference does it make?

• I couldn't be bothered to read your entire post because I realised very quickly that you are either full of **** or you are just massively insecure about everything and nothing.

• this is what happens when u run out of actual problems

• I imagine a lot of women have a love/hate relationship with their body type

• Don't be so hard on yourself. You sound like you are really well-assembled. 36DD = 36" underbust/chest and 41" overbust! I'm sure there are many women who would trade places with you in a second - - including my wife.

• If you look like that girl consider yourself lucky. That is the favored body type for most guys (including myself) Thick thighs are my favorite part of a woman ( besides personality and face). I like C and D cups. Also if they’re nice looking it’s a bonus if they’re bigger. Also, if you have a nice looking face along with that body you can probably seduce any guy you want, lol. Be proud of that beautiful body of yours. Some girls aren’t so lucky.

• Must be so horrible for you being curvy and good looking.

Jeeeez...

• Curvy women are to die for, baby. We all deal with some kind of physical thing, but if yours falls under of the category of "sexy"—most do not! Really, the only person's commentary on your body is your own... Don't worry about anyone else's!

• You say struggles but you complain about good things. It's like complaining you have too much money, there are much bigger problems than this.

• Sounds like girls are jealous of your boobs. Many girls pay a lot of money trying to have DD's. My ex had DD's loved them. My ex before that had B's, loved them too.

I've Never thought someone's ankles are too small unless your are starving yourself.

Sounds like your body is normal.

I think you just need to be ok with who you are and be with people who like how you are. There will never be a time when everyone will agree with what looks good. You just need to look good to yourself and accept yourself.

• I think it is so pathetic that if your the one who stands out your judge for being so. I really never like socializing because of being judge on how I act in front of others.

• If you look similar to the woman in the picture you are hot and should not hate certain parts of yourself.

• Doesn't matter. Always see the good side of your goodies. Haters gonna hate.

• Other women have said nasty things to me about how disgusting my boobs are.

Damn, that sucks. A lot of guys will love them, though

• And us men enjoy all the effort you put into surviving all your struggles.. ;)

• you just described all the things i love about curvy women.

• You just sound insecure about your body, but it's all in your head. If you do look like the woman pictured, you are not at all fat and have a great body.

• Oh I am so jealous , reading through your blog you are everything I want, don't be ashamed of yourself you are gorgeous !!!

• How tall are you? Would love to know. Otherwise you sound like the hottest woman ever. If you're anything like the girl in the pic above, you're perfect.

• Well if you look similar to the lady in the picture you really should not be hating your body at all...

• GOD!..
    reading this my take!..
    Was like reading an Erotica!..
    Felt like reading Dimensions of a
    HOLY-GRAIL of feminine beauty!..

• My girlfriend got a similar body like the woman in the picture. Except her hips are a little bit narrower. Good body nonetheless.

• Holy fuck the chick in that photo is hot, and you're complaining? R u like, styoobid?

• Stop complaining.
    Learn to love yourself as a whole, with the big boobs or be miserable in life.
    Good luck in life.

• I think not just women, but everyone has things they like or hate about their bodies. Perfection doesn't exist and we'll have to accept that.

• Show more from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 31

• ya I am sorry that you don't like you body I am jelous of it though I am always getting told that I am so gross and skinny so I wish I had a body like yours but I hope you learn to love and accept your self :)

• The exact same happens to me. I would kill to be skinny. Skinny looks youthful and will never go out of style.

• That's not a bad thing. I'd kill to have a fast metabolism.
      Please please realize that being skinny will never ever be a bad thing , today it's just a trend. But no one thinks about how thicker women feel fat or even get made fun of.

• thanks same goes for you realize that being curvy isn't bad it is beutifull I get made in of for being skinny and you for being curvy we both have or trials but I hope you relize that you have a gorg body :)

• My “curvy struggle” is often the point of jokes. My breasts aren’t as big as yours (36/38D) but I often knock things down with them, unintentionally. Or, when someone is taking a photograph of me, it looks like I’m jutting them forward when I’m just trying to improve my posture for the picture. It can be funny! I just go with it because I love my boobs.

I think women will always be somewhat jealous of what they don’t have but that doesn’t mean they should express negativity to you.

• Seriously though? "Oh I have such big boobs! What a struggle..."

Lol I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but this seems kind of silly. What I wrote (I'm kind of assuming this was inspired by my Take?) pointing out the struggles wasn't about "oh I'm so skinny! My ribs are showing!" It was about how people make it hard for you because of your weight.

I think you should've made it more of, "people make fun of me for my weight", or "being called fat" rather than going like... "I like my butt" like it's a struggle.

• I said I hate my butt at times because it looks kind of like an old persons.
      My boobs are a big insecurity for me , please dont make it seem as if it's nothing. I struggle everyday and get depressed because of them. People always make fun of my body especially my breasts.
      You are honestly being rude to me for no reason.

• @SarahVanRensburg I'm not saying she isn't so that's pretty silly to try and use my own argument against me.

I'm allowed to criticize the stupid myTake she wrote.

• Lots of people call me thick or slim thick because i matured way before them. My measurements are 36-27.5-40 and I get comments on how big my butt and thighs are all the time. It sucks because barely any of the girls in my class have hips unless they're overweight. So I get comments a lot too.

• Not a bad take, but I guess takes should be more informative. This thing become some kind of trend like why being short, tall, skinny, fat, idiot, intellegence or any kind of thing is great or not.

Our looks are completely arbitrary to other people, some may just love some may just not. I find it quite nonsense to talk about all these, I am not judging you here. I am just talking about the general state of GaG.

• This woman isn't curvy tf? One thing about big boobs that sucks is having to wear a button down for work. It never works and if you wear a men's top it looks like you just got back from a night out lol.

• Button down for work/school whatever was always a nightmare, it's just not a good look full stop, unless you like the whole gaping buttons look

• If you're truly curvy you have no real issues, except your waist which might be too small for most jeans. I used to have that issue but I now see my pants being made properly where they understand the fit. But women who have ridiculous curves may still have that issue. I am not even super curvy but my body is like that girl above when I am at 120 lbs minus the tits, and there is no issue besides swollen feet because I have circulation problems.

• Seriously you are obsessing over nothing

You sound gorgeous!

Do guys ask you out all the time?

I wish I could complain about looking like you!

I assume the picture is not you since you posted anonymous

• Nice to find someone else who gets the whole one day you love a certain feature/part of your body the next day you can't stand it, we seem t have similar measurements which helps. Just try to keep going, I know it's hard but try and ignore the people that put you down.
    I'm thinking of getting a breast reduction when I'm older (currently 32DD), I can't wear the pretty bralettes, at least not in the same style of any of my skinnier friends.
    Keep your chin up and try and block them out, they're probably not worth losing any sleep over. (I mean they as in the people saying those words, not the comments, those always seem to be harder to forget).

• Im the same as you girl! I lift and im curvy and i know i look great but i can't get that nagging thought out of my head that i should be skinny

• Its important not to shame people for their bodies. You should always strive to take care of yourself, but body image issues especially in younger people can have serious side effects. Dont starve yourself or inject yourself with silicone to match someone elses standard of perfection. Its just not worth it.

• Just saying...

The Struggles of Being a Curvy Woman

• Your complaints about your body just seem like a good way to brag about your measurements.

*Plays world's tiniest violin*

• Interesting*

• Personally I dislike the look of curvy women, so I understand your struggles :)

• I m big on boobs and medium sized on ass, to be honest.. bras are costly (a perfect fit). Bikini on beach have 200 % of slipping out or spilling out boobs
    Back pains won't let u sleep

• As a super skinny girl, who is 5'1, I can't relate but this was a good take :)

• Your body is Gorgeous
    Perfectly gorgeous
    You need "mindset workout"

• I think regardless of curves or not, most of us hate our body and love it at the same time.

• All women should have small waitsts, big boobies, big butts, thigh gaps, and wear makeup

• Certain activities you're seen too big for.
    Like gymnastics
    Ballet
    Figure skating

• I know...

• I loved doing ballet when I was little, but after puberty things changed. 😥

• Meanwhile in Pyongyang...

• Nice take

• Neat take. The struggles are real.

• Nice way to brag about yourself! bruh

• brag about what? I think petite is way more attractive then curvy :)

• @GirlfromSweden97 AFTER WERE DONE ADMIRING YOUR BEAUTY! <3

• Nice take

• Interesting...

• Lol wow how exaggeratedly annoying 😖ugh! Lol to people like you! Lol 👎🏻

• Other women have never called your boobs disgusting, most women are envious of larger breasts because society tells them that that is 'hot'. Breast implants are the most common surgical procedure for a reason.

• Are you actually going to tell me what people did or didn't call me?
      They said it to my face.

• @azzntittiz no my BMI is about 21

• Oh okay, stop worrying about nothing, just don't be fat and you'll be fine.

• Show more from Girls
    1