Why Models Are Not Beautiful

Why Models Are Not Beautiful

Lots of women and even some men seem to think models are attractive.

Most men however do not find these women attractive.

Models look nothing like the average woman , and not in a good way.

With the exception of some models with nice bodies and faces , the rest are no where near what is actually beautiful.

1. Weight

They are usually extremely underweight. Not only does that affect WHR and health in general , but just gives an unhealthy and unattractive appearance.

Typically fitter bodies that are slim but with a normal weight are what looks best.

2. Build

Most models are supposed to have broad shoulders for the clothes to flow better , and are not supposed to have thick thighs or wider hips.

Lack of curves in general makes them less attractive.

3. Height

The average female in most places is around 5'2-5'5. Models are around 5'8-6'0. They do not represent the average woman , which most people see as preferable.

Especially to men , this is not attractive.

4. Faces

Models almost always have masculine features or a wide and big jawline. Masculine features in women are not attractive.

Not to forget big hands , feet , shoulders .

5. Abnormal

Lots of them have abnormal builds , abnormally skinny bodies , abnormal height , abnormal faces , abnormal voices etc.

People need to remember models are not beautiful, they are what women think they need to look like.

But to men and if you scientifically research what is considered attractive, they do not represent it.

And women with masculine features are not seen as attractive.

6292

Most Helpful Guys

• I disagree.

Where is this survey that says most men don't find models attractive.

Look at all the females with the most followers on IG... they are all models. Men are following each of them in the thousands.

Action expresses priorities. - Mahatma Gandhi

by the way IG models are real models. Kate Upton has 6 million followers!

Here on GAG girls are constantly worried about their SO following a IG model. Men aren't following "average" girls in remotely the volume as models. Most IG models don't look like average girls, because they are exceptional. Thats what makes them models.

If you think most guys aren't attracted to Victoria's Secret super models... you are crazy.

Do you think the most popular girls in high school look average? No, they are the ones that end up modeling. Granted some girls bloom later and also become models.

I work with models two sometimes three times a week. When you are out in public with them the world stops and stares. I see guys suddenly hanging around acting as cool as they can be. I asked on to pretend like she was hitchhiking and a Mercedes couldn't jump of the road fast enough. I've had vans full of kids stop get out and ask to take pictures with the models. I've had police cars commenting on their loud speaker as they drove by. When I need to get something done I ask the model to go ask someone for it, because I know every time they will say ok... especially if it is a guy.

Yes there are some models out there that have an androgynous look. But most are very "female."

They aren't starving. Cheer leaders aren't starving, they are naturally slim and fit. And I don't see Kate Upton's ribs sticking out.

Models come in all heights. The only time they need taller ones is on the runway and when modeling samples bc the industry designs to a particular size not knowing who is going to wear the outfit.

I agree that masculine type broad shoulders are less attractive. What I don't agree with is that most models have broad shoulders.

They have abnormal voices?

The world isn't fair. Beautiful people have it a lot easier in life... I am not one of them... and some of these beautiful people's personalities really suck. But telling yourself that people aren't really attracted to them won't stop those models from continuing to have an unfair advantage.

I thought girls didn't like guys making mass generalizations about women.

Thanks for telling us guys what we do and do not like.

This is the point where you make some comment ag

• This is where you make some comment about my age.

• @AngelLily I work with IG models... They are real models... with real modeling jobs.

• Runway Models are the ones who are unattractive!

• Not that I agree with all your individual points, but...

They're not meant to be attractive to men, they're meant to be women who *primarily* appeal to other women and also walking coat-hangers to show off clothes.

To consider their attractiveness in the eyes of men and using them as a metric for men's interests is a mistake. What men want to see in women is *at best a tertiary concern* to the fashion industry.

• Just for reference in comparison to "typical models," some of my physical preference would be:

Short / petite / skinny.
      I'm not a fan of "curvy."
      I'm a boob guy, preference is small boobs.
      Not a fan of big butts.
      I like soft features, not the masculine-ish features you see on "typical models."
      Small hands and feet and all that.

Most Helpful Girls

• Let me guess, someone got rejected from a model agency lmao or your crush happens to preferred a model over you?

• Hahahah! Great one!

• Literally only clicked on this take becUse I saw your opinion. The willing to bet that’s what happened.

• WOW, this is better than my answer ( and I have a big opinion of myself)

• What a mean-spirited take. There a tons of models out there who are all different sizes and builds. Not every female model looks like she's fresh off the runway in Paris. There are curvier models, plus-size models, fitness models, stock photo models, all different sizes, races, shapes and ages. To stereotype models in this (quite frankly) soon to be outdated way is kinda gross. People are realizing that models starving themselves to look a certain way is extremely unhealthy. It's becoming less and less popular, especially in mainstream media and advertising (so runways excluded).
    And even if you still don't find the majority of models attractive, what exactly was the point of this take? Such a negative and aggressive thing to write about people who never did anything to you.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 90

• Does anyone else find it incredibly amusing - and patronizing - that a woman wrote this post telling men what men don't find attractive?

Like - who gave her the right to speak on my behalf?

• I still like taller and thinner women but I agree that models usually look like crap because they are made up so artificial. Things that really suck on models/women: copper tans, clown level make-up, fake boobs, fake nails, V-body, 12" heels, fake etc... and ones you pointed out.

• who said models have masculine looks? i guess a couple might, but must of them do not. I completely disagree with this.

• Well, in my subjective opinion most models are attractive.

• This is about the best demonstration of wishful thinking I have ever read. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt! Riggggght. Men don't find models attractive because they are too thin.

And unicorns only come out at night so that's why you never see them.

• 1: so they’re in incredible shape that most people aren’t willing to be in, and somehow you’ve decided that they are less attractive. Okay.

2: Yeah, okay. No shit they aren’t supposed to have extra weight in their thighs, because it’s. Its attractive if it there isn’t extra fat, and everyone knows narrow hips are hot.

3: As a tall dude, I like tall women, and I’m pretty sure most guys only care as long as the girl is shorter than they are.

4: What the fuck are you on?

5: ... okay.

Look, what would’ve made more sense is “you shouldn’t hold yourself to those standards,” because it’s very hard that be as gorgeous as models are. A lot of what you said is literally ripping on them for not having traits that, while acceptable, aren’t desirable. And for the record, I don’t know a guy that doesn’t think models are attractive.

• It exists different types of models and models can look as different as other people, so I would say it's very individual. I thinks some models are good looking and others are more average. It's mostly high fashion runway models that looks like what you described; tall, slim and with unique facial features. Other models fits the beauty standard of the mainstream Western society. Both Adriana Lima, Cara Delevingne, Irina Shayk etc. are considered beautiful my many.

I think Adriana Lima is very beautiful and that she looks healthy. She's a model.
    Why Models Are Not BeautifulWhy Models Are Not Beautiful

• Adriana is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She immediately captures one's attention.
      I think if I ever saw a human that looked as good as that I would drop dead like woah haha.
      Also irina is beautiful as you mentioned.

• @Bchxuxuah Makeup

• Stilll 95% of women sthrive to look like models, and guys love how they look. You can't argue with personal taste. I think you're not happy with your own looks and want to shame models.

• Of course a lot of women are disagreeing with you. The general public are obsessed with models and being "pro-women", especially being pro women that are in industries selling their bodies (prostitution, cam models, fashion modelling). When a woman disagrees with this general idea, they'll call you "jealous".

With that out of the way, I agree with you. Models are just not interesting to me. They all look the same with their abnormal masculine faces, disgustingly skinny bodies, et cetera.

• I agree. LOL. I actually work in the fashion and lingerie industry. People are saying models are hot, because they are looking at models when they are all dolled up; whether it be online or magazines. A lot of publishers also airbrush and remove blemishes the model has as well. I know that for a fact, because I work in the industry. If you see these women in real life, they are average. Seriously. Nothing spectacular. I'm not sure why everyone puts them on a pedestal.

• Being a model these days doesn't require high standards at least if i judge the tv shows i once saw. But if we say someone looks like a model its a person who will be found attractive by most people.

So no i don't agree with this take there are very many absolutely beautiful models out there.

• Yeah, that's like, your opinion, girl.
    What is "actually beautiful" is up for everyone to decide.
    For example, I think runway models are by far the most attractive demographic of women there is, *precisely* because all the features you mentioned.

To me, women with the model look appear powerful, self-determinant, ambitious yet distinctly elegant and feminine at the same time.
    If others prefer the "barely started high school" look of Ariana Grandes, that's ok.
    But I prefer to be fancied by a woman who induces goosebumps, rather than by one who seems to be in need of parental guidance.

tyvm

• Uh, most models are stunning. Not sure where you derived your info from...

• You’re right I’ve seen a lot of ugly women who thought they could model and ugly ones who are models but I’ve also seen some (more like a few) who are actually beautiful. The same goes for miss America pageants. Most of those women are ugly as hell and a lot of the women I know are far more beautiful than they are.

But I guess it all boils down to what they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder (but in these cases I doubt that’s true if you’re ugly you’re ugly)

• I take it you don't like the consept of modelling. But it is what they sell is , if you want to sell something you wrap it up in a parcel that is liked by the buyers of these products. Looking at how popular these women are , a lot of people dis agree with you. Personally I like to see slim women maybe not as slim as some models, but this over size movement , is not helping things , because styles are going to the obese range which is more damaging …..

• Well I don't quite disagree but I don't quite agree either
    Models is a somewhat wide term also not all of them follow the norms you refer to
    While yes the traits you mention aren't overly appealing to me either some of them are attractive others not so much
    But it is very subjective

• I find 5'8 - 6'0 women ideal, but the thing I don't like about the common model is that they're really skinny due to terms of health and just how it looks.

• They are beautiful. They're so beautiful that they get paid to take pictures for money. That's because they make clothing look good tagged a long with a lot of other products.

• False. They get paid because they are tall and have the idea body proportions and frames to make clothes look good. They aren't necessarily beautiful. Have you looked at Zara models?

• Are you dumb? It means it just looks good on that pic.. He can look plain in real life

• @alliegirl97 Why would companies want to hire and pay someone who can only rock one angle when they can hire someone who works all angles because they’re have a beautiful face and body?

• As a radical egalitarian, I think we should declare everyone is beautiful and smart and fantastic and best. Gold medals for everyone, no standards of any kind. Or is that crazy?

• The models that I have had photo shoots with are beautiful.
    They are such beautiful people inside.
    There where a great many models at my wife's funeral, because yes, they actually do care and have hearts.

• "Most men however do not find these women attractive." What the hell are you talking about.

• Model, Overweight person, and another hundred types of examples. Everyone has there own idea of what absolute perfect beauty is compared to anyone else. My idea of what i find perfect could have zero things in line with the next. Beauty is not a should not be rounded to certain filled criteria but what one perceives to the other. By having a opinion of Abnormal your saying that this type person is different then what the world should be and is harmful in itself. Also model agencies hire for many reason and need a variety of people to feel the need of current campaign because no one person is a cookie cutter body to fit the roll of all needs.

• A lot of models wear wwwaaaayyy too much makeup...

just no...

• Models are beautiful and tall their faces are beautiful. They're just to skinny and they don't eat enough protein and take in enough vitamins

• I simply disagree with your statement that men don't find tall women attractive.

• I disagree. I find models very attractive, and having some stereotypically masculine features does not make them look worse at all I think.

• It seems that some feminist is jealous about the beautiful models here. It is so obvious that I only can laugh about it.

• Female models have starved themselves to fit the body type mold. One girl actually collapsed and died on the runway because of malnutrition. I know of four female models who went to lunch together and ordered one cheeseburger. They cut it in quarters and each of them ate one quarter. This is ridiculous. For some reason, the designers of women's couture want women to look like little boys! That is NOT attractive to straight men. I think a woman should look like a woman and not like a broom handle!

• this woman on the picture is like ugggh , i would not even talk to her , she can be a model but she looks really unattractive at least to me

• I do find Calvin klein's female models do look like aliens. I think it just for advertisement though. But for the other brands, I find their models to look normal and beautiful.

• Show more from Guys
    60

What Girls Said 60

• I'm closer to what you'd describe as a model based off this description, and I find feel pretty fucking insulted, not gonna lie. This is just as discriminatory towards """"""abnormal"""""" women as you think the model industry is to """""normal""""" women.

• Who cares.. I don’t think hating on other women is really the way to go. I believe so many models are beautiful, but they’re are admittedly rather unconventional looking. Most models go through early life actually feeling very ugly and out of place, then they go into an industry that makes them conform to completely ridiculous standards of weight and appearance. I don’t anyone deserves to then be called ugly by the general public

• I agree that most models are not desirable romantically in the aesthetic way. I can't think of a single up scale model that I consider to be attractive. The ones who aren't as famous can be very good looking but the very well known models - are to me all unattractive.

• You're under the incorrect assumption that models are supposed to represent average woman. They don't. They're models.

• So just asking, who are you to tell what is attractive and what not? I think the beauty is the eye of the beholder. Not that I don't agree somewhat to what you say, but it doesn't mean it is the truth or that you can declare all models to be unattractive.

• The model industry search for women that can easily transform to anything they want and ask them to. Being attractive or not has nothing to do. They want someone who can sell and who's better than a girl who doesn't stand out too much and let the clothes or jewellery be the centre of attention?

• I completely disagree.

Also, being just slightly underweight wouldn't make you less beautiful. Most models have a BMI of 17. The healthy range is between 18 to 24. It doesn't really make much of a difference.

• You're talking about runway models? (Pictured) Yes? They're ugly, usually on purpose. They're like hangers for the clothing. These "Instagram models" are just regular girls who are really hot, big tits and butts with nice faces. They're the pretty models. Alternative models are usually pretty too (tattoos... think Suicide Girls)!

• Models are human beings too. Who are you to say everything about them is abnormal and not generally attractive? Check yourself.

• Hmmmm

I don't agree

They are under weight but the other things are just not... I don't know what to say

• While you've stated that they are not beautiful, you haven't said WHY they are not beautiful. Models, of which there are many types, are there to sell product and generally need to have a unique feature that catches the eye of the consumer.

• Because most people are focusing on the body and how the clothes look on the body these days. Don’t get me wrong, Gisele Bundchen isn’t bad looking but she pales in comparison to supermodels such as Cheryl Tiegs, Tyra Banks, Paulina Poriskova and Cindy Crawford. I think it’s because in the eighties and nineties it was common for models to do make up advertisements as well as fashion runways. Just my thoughts

• I think you mean high fashion models aren't beautiful. How many dudes are gonna say lingerie models like Adriana Lima isn't sexy?

• Hmmm.. It seems like someone is bitter because their crush or ex boyfriend fell in love and chose a beautiful model over her.

• Well that's your opinion and everyone has the right to think whatever they want.

Now I personally don't think the models that are so underweight that you see bones looks good but someone does problaby. But tall skinny flatmodels who aren't super underweight can definatIy look good.

I think we should have more different types of people in the model industry to show that every bodytype, race, age, height and culture is beautiful. Everyone should be proud of their body even if they are overweight or underweight but strive to become healthy without being hated on.
    I Think its the same with guys. We should have more natrual avarahe typ of guys in the model industry too. But this is my opinion you don't have to agree.

• thats kind of horribe tbh, like models already seem like theyre really insecure and they starve themselves so they can work, I don't know why we need to hate them tk feel better

• "Why models aren't beautiful,"

- Because when you're insecure, the next best thing to do is tear other women down to make yourself feel better.

*the genius that is woman logic*

This shit makes me embarassed.

• why can't everyone like who they like nobody told you that you get to say whatever you want about certain people probably because you jelous

• I agree that models aren't beautiful, but not for these reasons. I'm underweight. That isn't my fault. I don't have thick thighs, hips, or curves at all really. I'm 5'9".
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• It depends.

Commercial models - way much prettier and feminine

High-fashion/runaway models - usually androgynous, sharp features, and aesthetically fluid from head to toe.
    My theory is so that the face won't overshadow the clothes.

• there are different types of models :) high fashion and say, victoria's secret are very different.

I think unusual models can be very beautiful. Though, I don't strive to look like androgynous.

• I'm confused why women are so mean to one another. Just because you think models are unappealing doesn't mean anything. Some guy furiously beats his meat to them. so... Are you bitter or nah?

• If they weren’t beautiful, they wouldn’t be models.

• Because they are anorexic and beauty of the face is accentuated through a plump and healthy face. Moreover models are treated as a canvas for art. They are not necessarily for pleasing the eye.

• Thanks for speaking the truth! So many people looking at false beauty, just be yourself shit man.. ٩◔̯◔۶

• *Insert Bill Lumbergh meme*

"If we just stop putting down other women for how they look... skinny, androgynous, chubby, fat etc... that'd be great"

• I personally find them beautiful for their unique features. Call me crazy lol Especially wide big jawline :3 It's the best on both genders.

• would be much better myTake if u used more pics. And agreed!

• Well some of them are, the ones who aren't anorexic and had all those plastic surgeries can be very beautiful.

• Models are meant to be tall and skinny to best show off clothing designs. Its not about the model

• Show more from Girls
    30