WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!

laurieluvsit

I don't wear corsets for the sole purpose of bringing my tummy in "yet" ...lol, but I just love the sexiness of wearing one on occasion even though they are not really comfortable.

Has anyone else ever worn one? ...anyway, let's explore some history and some examples of the world's sexiest, sometimes practical and sometimes impractical, corsets!

THE CONDENSED HISTORY OF THE CORSET

Sophia Loren in the 1960s movie "The Millionairess"
Sophia Loren in the 1960's movie "The Millionairess"

From VOGUE...

"Corsets were worn by women – and sometimes men – in the Western world from the 16th to the early 20th century, although corset-like garments can be traced as far back as 1600 BC. What began as a close-fitting sleeveless bodice evolved into an undergarment with stays made of whalebone, and then steel, that encircled the ribs and compressed the natural waist. The shape of the corset evolved over the centuries, alternating between longer varieties that covered the hips and shorter versions that centered on the waistline. Corsets helped shape the body into distinctive silhouettes, from the hourglass shape popular in the 1800s to the “S” figure of the 1900s."

WORLDS SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid youd get slapped if you asked!

"Discussions about the corset being detrimental to women’s health came to a head in the 19th century, when the popularity of the corset was at its peak. Available in a wide variety of price points, corsets were worn by upper and middle-class women and, increasingly, by working-class women as well. Some doctors blamed the corset for respiratory diseases, deformity to the ribs, damage to internal organs, birth defects and miscarriages, while others approved of “moderate” or “health” corsets that were less rigid and helped support the body. Fashion historians Valerie Steele and Colleen Gau have argued that while corseted women may indeed have suffered from depleted lung volume and changes in breathing patterns, this would not necessarily have led to respiratory diseases. It may have caused fainting and lowered vitality, though. Steele also argues that examples of tight lacing, or the practice of lacing corsets to create the smallest possible waist, cannot be taken at face value. The letters, descriptions and images that describe this practice may have represented sexual fantasies, she says, rather than descriptions of authentic experiences."

"Today, corsets are still worn by enthusiasts and as part of fetishistic, cross-dressing and burlesque practices; and while they may no longer be part of the average woman’s everyday routine, they have never truly disappeared from fashion. In the '70s, Vivienne Westwood began using corsets as part of her historicist punk aesthetic; Westwood imagined her corsets as empowering women rather than binding them. Jean-Paul Gaultier and Thierry Mugler incorporated corsets into their designs in the 1980s. Madonna made Gaultier’s pink satin corset famous on her 1990 Blond Ambition tour. Stella McCartney, Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford and Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga have all experimented with corsets or corset-like tailoring in their designs, sometimes layering the corsets over garments rather than under them, subverting them from underwear into outerwear. Corsets also have a long tradition in fashion photography, where they are used to symbolise female sexuality. And if the AW19 catwalks are anything to go by, corsets are still very much on trend."

JSY Corset
JSY Corset
DHGate Corset
DHGate Corset
PhantomOrchid Corset
PhantomOrchid Corset
Corsets can be as sexy as you want them to be, or not
Corset's can be as sexy as you want them to be, or not
Yes, a "rear" corset view :)
Yes, a "rear" corset view :)

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF WEARING A CORSET

BENEFITS

• Wearing a corset can improve your posture as it forces you to straighten your back and squeezes your body into a perfectly straight standing position
  • Possible relief of back pain
  • Great Bust support
  • Can aid in weight loss
  • Can help boost self-esteem
  • Can aid against depression and anxiety

DISADVANTAGES

• Cannot be worn for long periods of time
  • Can be uncomfortable for some
  • Can cause trouble with breathing if fastened too tightly
  • Cannot be worn while exercising or preforming any strenuous tasks

Corsets are definitely not for everyone, but for some of the more daring among us, a sexy night out to enjoy some of the benefits listed might "lift" more than just your spirits ...lol

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my myTake.

I so hope you enjoyed it! ...I LOVE YOU!

23
17

Most Helpful Girls

• meetkitty123
    Beautiful my take. I love history and one of my favorite times in history would be somewhere between the 17th century to the 20h century.

Did you know that sometimes the word "corset" can be used to describe Any garment that gave women shapes and smooth their figures?

The word began to be used more often towards the 19th century and then sort of stuck to describe all garments that would lift the breasts and tighten the waist.

In actuality there were a couple different styles of such garments. And nowadays it is definitely correct to call them all corsets but at one point it was rather different and even harder to comprehend which ones were which.

There were different terms such as stays, jumps and then corsets.
    Stays were referred to garments that used bones primary from whales. These were usually one underneath garments and were actually very common until people began to be concerned about women's health and then jumps came into play. Jumps were made to be less restrictive and did not have bones in them. it was a matter of how they were sewn. Jumps were able to be worn outside of the garments and seen. They could be used over aaa woman's chemise. Being that jumps will your less restrictive they were commonly used by working class women. However even upper class women got in on this action for the days they want it to be comfortable and casual in their own homes.

Corsets actually came about from being a style of a jump. corsets were meant to use none to little bit of bones. Some would still have bones included in the sewing but was less restrictive.
    A corset became more or less across between a stay and a jump. (However keep in mind nowadays we do use the word corset for any of these types of garments so it's not incorrect to use the term)

Nowadays there are still jumps or stays styles of corsets but many people don't even know that there is or was a difference.

Some people might dismiss a jump for not being a corset because it doesn't have that inner layer of wire or plastic for stiff support.
    But in actuality it's still a corset if it tightens your tummy and raises your boobs.

Here are some interesting pictures I found.

THIS DOWN BELOW IS ACTUALLY A PICTURE OF A JUMP BECAUSE IT HAS NO BONES.
    it's the Stitch work that allows the person to have added breast support and shape structure.WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!Now here is one of my favorite blouses that people nowadays might not even know is actually a corset because it's actually styled as a jump which means it's the sewing in the blouse that actually gives the garment breast and tummy control and therefore makes it a corset even though it doesn't have any of the inner thick plastic/wiring that is known to be in a corset.WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!For my prom I did wear a beautiful black corset with gold trimming. It just came right over the waistline of a gorgeous long flowing black skirt made of satins and lace. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of the pictures but I was very proud of that outfit. The corset cost me $20 and the gorgeous skirt I found on a sale upon a sale it cost me $10. It look rather sophisticated and elegant with an amazing budget.
    My wedding dress hidden corset
    My wedding dress hidden corset
    Its amazing how corsets might be included in many of our garments and we not even know it.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Wow, thank you for sharing all that extra info... that's why I called mine the "condensed" version... lol

Your prom fashion must have been gorgeous, I hope your boy felt proud to be with you! :)

• The prom dress was beautiful.
      The boy... Eh You know how boys are. I ended up getting the number of a sexy security guard who unlike the boy definitely took notice 🤣!

Thank you.
      I absolutely loved your piece!

• You're welcome, thank you for a great opinion :)

• wingattebaby16
    I like the way a corset looks and makes a woman look, but when they get too tight and organ damage and stuff happens, then they are too much.

AND some women get addicted to them... look at the Kardashians... 23 hours a day is too much..

Laurie, you always have the best, sexiest, thought provoking posts!!!
    Is this still revelant?
    • You are right on with your comments... thank you!

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1523
  • Thank you for this Take. Very nice. I love corsets, and I own one. I wear it for cosplay. Steampunk with a corset is cool, I'm looking forward to try it someday.

This is my corset I lent my friend for the photoshoot. Gothic theme.
    https://pin.it/2b0HPYP
  • MsLexiD
    simply wonderful MyTake, Laurie - brains and beauty, you are :-)

I have a few corsets, but don't wear them often. I do still wear girdles fairly regularly though - at my age, they are great for tummy control if I'm wearing something a bit on the tighter side...
    • Thank you, I am so glad you liked it!

... well, control is what it is all about at any age, according to my sisters, mine now would be a muzzle sometimes... lol

• Not crazy about the majority nor corsets in general but i liked 4 of em—WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!WORLD'S SEXIEST CORSETS - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Her Corset, but were too afraid you'd get slapped if you asked!
    • DizzyDesii

And waist shapers are basically corsets that people exercise in lol

• You have great taste! :)

• DizzyDesii

Yea those are the 4 im willing to rock lol. Like i prefer lingerie colors in black or blush pink or white or aqua but i like the styles of these 4

• 1Sophisticatedme
    I LOVE THIS POST!! Sexie lingerie!!! I need to get extremely in shape to get fitted into one of this!! I love to feel sexie and this is something down my alley!! Thanks for sharing!
    • You're welcome.

Measure your waist and then order one 4 inches smaller, than that pulls your tummy in by 4 inches, or more when you tighten it :)

• PBandJ_Nerd
    I personally think corsets and any other type of lingerie can be worn sexy, non-sexually, for fetish activities, etc. however the person wants to and feels. I've never worn corsets but I know there are ones that are very similar (they just look like corsets) that I've seen people wear. Only thing is you don't have to squeeze yourself into it and tighten up.
  • Reaperbot666
    provided the female in question enjoys wearing a corset now and then. while also wearing the right size for her body type. they can be very sexy like most lingerie items.
    • because not all corsets are the same as traditional waist trainers.

• Most certainly... see @meetkitty123 's great opinion above under "Most Helpful Girls", she goes into that in detail :)

• I tend to prefer dating girls who dress in a more. modest and/or traditional female manner. at least while in public setting provided she is comfortable in it. however in a private setting I don't mind her wearing. something more reveling and/or less modest if she is comfortable.

• I'd rather wear it underneath a gown but amazing myTake.
  • Siavash_1990
    Siavash: <<<<Thinks to self: Man-O-Man, reading history was always so so boring... until now when I read this! The pics got my attention then I started reading (i did glance at the pics off and on while reading tho) Excellent! Well-done.
  • chrissykerdock
    i used to wear corsets when i was younger then ditched them for garter belts... but i liked the benefits... and it's true when you wear a corset and it was always in the house for me you don't eat very much if at all... i had about 3 snaps in the back but a lot more than a bra... and the snaps for holding/weaing stockings... then you'd have to put on your panties last or you'd have to everything off if you didn't... a corset did lift your spirits when you wore them... stockings... silk stockings feel really nice to wear your thighs feel the luxorious soft feel clinging to your thighs... i don't know what was more fun getting dressed or the actual sexual act... i think the act happend because how good you looked wearing one... nice layout or topic... very nice laurie... definitely going to get a couple of corsets or look for my old one's but they won't fit i'm sure.
    • Thank you for ready my post, I love your take on it and for sharing your memories and desires :)

• it was pleasure reading your post... also very professional i take it your also a writer... as in a paid to write... your creative juices sometimes just flow.

• Makeushiver
    Though I know they used to be de rigeur and used for waspish waists the thing I like the most about them is they avoid the sacrilege of PANTYHOSE, the least aesthetic look in women's undergarments ever invented. They allow the use of real stocking which are sooo much sexier than pantyhose aka the hymen before the hymen. Thank you for lifting my spirits et al.
  • TCredo
    Great post - great pictures - really well done - thanks for posting it :)
  • Godofmyownwurld
    Honestly, nothing looks sexier on a girl than boyshorts and a cami when she's fresh out of the shower and ready to Netflix and chill.
  • krin_m
    This is very fascinating and fun to read! The pictures truly enhance the reading pleasure!
    Thank you for sharing!
  • JennieF
    My husband and I both find them sexy. They can be fun to use in a striptease.
  • Lliam
    Yep. Corsets can be damn sexy. It's true that they do require straight posture. They accentuate the S curve of a woman's back and the hourglass shape of her ribs, waist and hips. Men love a high ratio between a woman's waist and hips. And, as you said, some corsets scrunch the boobs to make the tops bulge.
    All in all, corsets make women look very female.

Corsets can look great as clothing. I have to admit, though, that I'm not a huge fan of corsets, tight bras, garter belts and things like that as lingerie. They look like armor.
  • This was pretty awesome! And corsets sure are fun too! Thank you for sharing this my take with us!
  • Massageman
    I like them. They DO help my back , but I'd rather see them on a girl.
  • Jupiter1
    Entertainingly interesting article. 👍🏼 However I just got a hard and lasting boner out of it. 😮 I’m unable to concentrate on work now. 😑
  • Gedaria
    Oh they are all gorgeous. I have three. Waiting for a new belt. Seen adverts for it see if it's as good as a normal corset...
  • Maria0079
    The ones with bows are the sexist it’s great presents.
  • GreenGold1992
    I wouldn't want a woman to wear a corset unless she wanted to, but I do think it could restrict breathing and may bring about other problems.
    • Hun many outfits include corset stitching or are actually corsets themselves but nowadays people don't even realize it.
      Not all corsets look like sexual lingerie or even come as restrictive and hard wired as the corsets that we've grown accustomed to being considered as corsets.
      many wedding dress have built-in corsets in it and you wouldn't even be able to tell and a wedding dress is designed for us to be able to dance so it doesn't restrict our breathing in any way.
      It really does depend on the style of corset.
      Some corsets are for back support for example and therapeutic and therefore wouldn't hurt us.
      Some corsets are just meant to look sexy.
      Some corsets are again not obvious corsets. The word corset can actually be a style of stitching in the clothing that creates form shape and support
      So it's more of a hidden "corset".

• @meetkitty123 I didn't know any of that, I apologize for my ignorance.

• No 😔 Pls i didn't mean that...
      I simply meant to calm ur concerns

• msc545
    Very interesting and educational mytake - thanks!!!
  • elizamichale1
    Nice collection and nicely explained
  • Dave31989
    I heard it's awful for the body, and not a good idea to wear
  • Sophia Loren in that corset is gorgeous.
  • bootyfetish
    I’ve heard it’s extremely uncomfortable
    • They can be yes, depending on the individual and correct sizing.

• They look fire though 👌😁

• Melhoney
    I Like one have one
  • bklynbadboy1
    love this my take and I love a woman in a corset
  • Mithradath
    I LOVE U TOO TY
  • Islandgal5
    I love it.
  • Tstrbrainer
    Thanks, till now I didn't know what they were
  • Yus!!!
  • oldermale
    Good read and so many sexy lingerie pics.
  • venomhbk1313
    Corsets are sexy AF 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • AlexKosh
    all black are the best!
  • Valnac
    Depends on what’s inside it.
  • Hellohibyebye
    They are hot
  • jimmy2
    Good read very sexy