Why do guys seem to hate high-waisted pants on women?

3|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 86

• For the same reason women don't like certain styles on me. Unless you have a very specific body type that can make it work, high waisted pants do not flatter most female bodies. I've personally have only seen women with wide hips and a big round ass be able to pull them off. And even on them there are other style of pants that would flatter them better. In the picture above I think is a perfect example of them not working with her body. The only positive is that she has a flat stomach and her stomach is showing, but the pants themselves actually make her entire image look bad. Her hips aren't wide, she may have a nice small butt, but in those pants it makes her ass look flat, long, and almost non-existent.

1|1
    1|0
  • It wasn't attractive in the 90s and it's not now. It makes your butt look weird.

2|1
    1|0
  • I don't know I kind of like them shows up the butt just a little bit better I think

1|0
    0|0
  • They look like Granny jeans and she's purposefully wedging herself

1|0
    0|0
  • The only time I've seen them in the wild it looked like a strong wind would snap her in half it was really weird looking.

1|0
    0|0
  • Indeed, I don't like high-waisted slacks or pantaloons.
    High-waisted knickers hold a tad more of a promise. Go figure...

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I see women with high, wasted men on them all the time, and it just looks trashy.

2|0
    1|0
  • they kinda make the butt look long and flat. sometimes it can look nice though

2|0
    0|0
  • I just don't like that type of pants in general. I assume others don't like it because it is more concielin

1|0
    0|0
  • Like the choker if i see a girl with those i just think 'hoe'. Sorry to say it... but i'm just being honest.

1|0
    1|0
  • because my mom wears them. honestly they look classy but since its trendy now it doesn't seem classy anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually think they can be pretty hot if she has a nice ass.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they look ugly on 99% of women and only very few can pull them off.

1|0
    1|0
  • Those Guys should talking shit should shut tf up. The pants look hot on girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Over sized anything looks ridiculous. But that's my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • They look good on thin women only, I can't imagine any other body type fitting them

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally like them, but to look good they need to fit tighter than your example.

1|0
    0|0
    • And not just for the obvious reasons... There are lose fitting pants for women that look, but in this case it looks meh

• Now that you bring it up I find it sexy lol. Probably outdated culturally but I like it :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything would look good on that girl as long as she keeps her long hair

1|0
    1|0
  • They often look too baggy. Not tight enough for my liking.

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 40

Recommended myTakes