Hijab, Attractive Or Not?

#Hijab #Fashion #Clothing

Hijab:
The scarf the women wears at their heads. I'm not talking about burqa, niqab, chador and paranja.
Hijab, Attractive Or Not?
  • Attractive
    Vote A
  • Pretty/Cute
    Vote B
  • Unattractive
    Vote C
  • Neutral/Indifferent about it
    Vote D
  • Depends on the wearer and how they wears it
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I wore Hijab for 6 years in Iran.

It isn't a fashion choice, it is a religious dress code made specifically to make a woman less attractive, in order to turn men off and make women unable to seduce them.

3|4
    0|1
  • I am surprised you use the words "hijab" and "attractive" in the same sentence, because if my knowledge is correct, Muslim women should wear hijab to hide their attractiveness, so it should not be attractive at all. But what I see at least in western European countries, and as the picture you have posted illustrates it, some Muslim women wear hijab, but they use a very provocative make up in the same time.
    Sure they are hiding their hair, but women don't seduce with their hairs, rather with their eyes and lips, and those features are usually very well accentuated, so I am confused really, about the role of hijab.

6|5
    0|0
    • Yea, the contradiction is.. wow. its like using a condom to get pregnant

Most Helpful Guys

• Very unattractive. A lot of girls have pretty hair... I wanna see that.

Also, I don't like it when people wear religious symbols in public. I find it a little obtrusive. I'm not saying it should be illegal or anything like that but I still find it obtrusive. When I see a girl with a big crucifix neckless or a hijab, I immediately get turned off. If your private beliefs are so important to you that you need to parade them around in public and make sure everyone sees it, we most certainly don't fit together.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually find it attractive. Most girls I've met who wear hijabs have been very feminine and sweet-natured, as well as just being pretty. Especially in comparison to Western women who become increasingly less-so as a result of feminist brainwashing.

I do find it kind of funny that some are saying that it's not supposed to be attractive - attraction isn't a choice and just because it's not supposed to be doesn't mean that men aren't gonna find it attractive anyway. It just doesn't work as intended.

2|2
    3|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• I find many hijabi women to be quite beautiful and the ones I have known have been very nice people.

It certainly doesn't make them look ugly to me.

Even if I find modesty standards like this to be sexist.

0|2
    0|0
    • Show All
    • To be honest, looks like some dude is sitting inside that full body cover... Not that it's relevant to the topic.

• @HaveNoName none of what you said is relevant lol

• Can I answer this question even when I’m a hijab myself, or... 😅

2|2
    0|0
  • For whatever reason people wear it, it's their choice and I respect it. I will never bash someone or judge them for wearing it.
    With that being said, I don't like anything that hides someone's hair, I feel like hair is a small part of who we are.

1|2
    1|1
  • Hijab isn't supposed to be attractive. It's there to decrease attractiveness as the neck and the hair of a woman play a big role in attraction.

3|2
    0|0
    • Make up and hijab are very contradicting though.

• Hijab is not meant to be attractive or unattractive. However it would definitely look good on someone if the color flatters her skin, or the pattern suits her outfit etc.

3|1
    0|0
  • The purpose of it is not for the girl not to attract men's attention to her beauty (of her hair) so whether it is attractive or not counteracts its purpose.

1|1
    0|0
  • It can bring forth someone's eyes and highlight their facial structure so it can look very pretty on some girls.
    When it doesn't look particularly pretty, it just looks neutral.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not for me... but for others would be ok. Thats cool. In both ways.

0|3
    0|0
  • well its not made to please or for estethic causes but in my opinion it keeps the mystery and it has a charm :p special espcially for round faces :p

0|1
    0|1
  • The Hijab is not supposed to be attractive.

3|6
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @wondelrand123 Marriage is the main thing that makes it appropriate for a man to see hair and body shape.

• ahh i see, cool

• I wear hijab sometimes... it does depend on who wears it though and how they style it but in general, it is beautiful to me. What it represents, as well as just the appearance of it.

0|2
    0|1
  • Hijab is not supposed to be attractive, it’s supposed to do the opposite.

1|4
    0|0
  • I think some can be pretty, like depending on the wearer I guess

0|2
    0|1
  • Headscarf is worn to avoid being attractive. However, not everyone can afford it. For example, the person in the photo

0|1
    0|0
  • Its use isn't to be attractive so it doesn't matter

1|2
    0|0
    • Its not an accessory like a bracelet or a necklace. No need to treat it like one and debate whether it looks nice or not

• I find some su slim women kinda hot in hijabs, especially when they got nice eyes :p

1|3
    0|1
  • I think if it’s part of your religion or culture, I can admire it. If not, I don’t like it

0|2
    0|0
  • It's as attractive as the person wearing it like most things

0|2
    0|1
  • My hubby loves girls with hijab.
    He has 1 girlfriend who wears hijab

0|1
    0|0
  • my best friend wears the hijab and i think she is stunningly beautiful

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 64

• Not for me. One of the most attractive things of a woman to me is hair. Beautiful hair looks absolutely amazing. Take it away and you lose that appeal, making it not attractive to me. So no, hijab is not attractive to me.

2|3
    0|0
  • That picture is not fair, because that girl is hot, but mostly I would never even bat an eyelid at a girl wearing one, it's OK, she won't be attracted to me either.

0|1
    0|0
    • It was only pictures like that on Google. Anyway, very many Middle-eastern people looks good in my opinion and that applies to both genders. I've seen very many beautiful Middle-eastern in real life and it's quite common among people between 20 - 35 there.

• Definitely unattractive.
    And the purpose of Hijab and they did it to hide women's beauty, and to be unattractive.
    So Men will not look at her.
    So if you want to be attractive, you shouldn't wear Hijab.
    I really can't understand, how girls can think to wear Hijab to be attractive, even the reason of Hijab is to hide women's beauty.

0|2
    0|0
    • my best friend says the same exact thing!!! like almost the same words thats sorta creepy..
      but she is beautiful either way sooo

• Who wear Hijab must decide first why she will wear it.
      For the real purpose of Hijab or as religion sign, like Christmas wearing cross, it's a religion sign that they are Christian.
      If she is beautiful by wearing Hijab, she must do something else to not be beautiful, to much with the real purpose of wearing Hijab.
      But if she will wear it as religion sign that she is Muslim, and she doesn't care about the real purpose of Hijab, so she will put Make-up, wearing leggings with Hijab and do what she like to be beautiful.
      In Islam, Hijab is for hiding the beauty, so men will not be seduced by looking to her.
      You can't put Hijab with beauty.

• so you are saying that she dress like a hobo because she is naturally beautiful?
      she rarely wears make up, she always wears modest clothing
      why can't you put on hijab with beauty

• It isn't a fashion thing pls just because a few designers show it off on the runway doesn't become a part of fashion. Its a religious dress and that's it

Forcing it to become a fashionable thing is not going to make it more acceptable in the western society.

0|1
    0|0
  • disgusting,
    religious relic from 15 centuries ago imposed on women to subjugate them and to belittle them

absolutely abhorrent, it should be banned in all western countries
    if you want to wear it go to an Arab country where they still stone women and show off your "hijab fashion"

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it is the woman not the clothing that is attractive. Personally it would be odd because im not very religeous and am generally not a fan of one of the biggest war starters in history ie religon

0|1
    0|0
  • Russian headscarf is fine, other ones no. If a Russian woman wears a headscarf it's because she wants to and it doesn't matter if she takes it off. It's to keep hair from getting dirty while do house work and working on the field.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know it's part of their culture and religion and I respect that, but I find it unattractive, I like to see the woman's hair.

1|1
    0|1
  • The woman is attractive, but the hijab doesn't do anything for me.

1|3
    0|0
  • I don't want my women to be hidden, I want them to bloom in the sun, with nothing to hide their beauty.

0|3
    0|0
  • Not my thing. However I respect the reason of wearing it, their religion!

1|1
    0|1
  • I find them unattractive, but then again, I find Islam to be unattractive, so that might be why.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the face of the bearer. Some look beautiful, some even cute and there are also some on whom it doesn't suit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know these purpose of the hijab but on the right woman I find it alluring and sometimes very hot.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted unattractive just because there’s not option for Extremely Unattractive.

2|2
    0|0
  • Let’s be honest most of the guys here would jump at the opportunity to date her, they are all beta kissless virgins

0|1
    2|2
  • It can look good. I like seeing the woman! But I don’t have a problem with it. A woman’s beauty will always shine no matter what she’s wearing!

0|1
    0|1
  • Its not the hijab
    Its who is wearing it
    Hijab isn't a decoration
    Its an islamic symbol that we must respect and love

1|1
    0|0
  • It's designed to be unattractive, and it does a good job at that.

0|2
    0|0
  • The hiijab is just another garb worn by the murderous death cult followers known as Muslims.

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes