Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?

So these days, it's not necessarily a new thing and has been happening for ages, but tattoos and piercings seem to be becoming increasingly more and more popular, and it's kind of becoming harder to find someone with NO tattoo and piercings, rather than with someone who does have them.

All the "cool" people and celebrities seem to have them, and the ones who don't are discussing what tattoos and piercings they think look cool, and when and where on the body they will get them...

But I personally just never got the appeal.

I never necessarily exactly desired to have any tattoos and piercings myself, and I don't think they necessarily make anyone look better.

Now I wouldn't exactly turn off a decent woman just because of one small simple tattoo or a simple piercing, but if she had them all over like the second woman in the above photo... I don't think I could exactly get turned on by her.

The thing is, on women, I kind of love pure, smooth skin... it just kind of looks more feminine/softer and welcoming to me... like the woman in the first photo... but if her skin is just completely covered up by tattoos and such, it doesn't look quite as feminine to me/kind of rough, and kind of looks aggressive and unapproachable.

But in the end, this kind of thing doesn't matter either ways.

It's completely subjective and not exactly based around any logic. And regardless of what seems to be "cool" in the media, no one's perceptions of beauty is necessarily 100% the same.

Perhaps some people feel the complete opposite I do, and think that no tattoos and piercings looks too "boring" and "basic."

But regardless, I'm still interested in what people have to say, as my opinion seems to be more on the unpopular side.
  • Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?Yes. I prefer it natural.
    Vote A
  • Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?No! I love them!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is, not everyone wants the natural look. I mean, I believe that's why people get implants, plastic surgeries, lots of tattoos and piercings. Cause they want to look different or add something new to their body. They want to look cooler, sexier, more badass, etc. Also, not every women want to look feminine either.

I think that woman in the second Pic looks amazing. Ya she might not look like the natural typical girl but she looks cool to me. And I like her style.

2|3
    1|1
    • You bring up an excellent point, and I pretty much agree with all you're saying.

Some people prefer the natural look, some people prefer a more modified look that adds something more, etc... it's completely subjective, really. There's no right or wrong.

Though "natural" is often seen as the good thing and "unnatural" as the bad, it's not always the case... sure, skin unmarked by tattoos or piercings is natural... but you know what else is natural? Disease... natural disasters that destroy people's humans... mutations that make some people be born deformed and live difficult lives... etc.

So all because one is natural and one is not doesn't make one good and the other bad, and vice verse. It's all up to you, what you like.

• Wow I completely agree with you too!
      I actually wish more people thought the same way as you and understood both sides of the story. I completely understand if some people don't find them attractive, cause everyone got their preferences.

• Yeah... I actually USED to be quite disgusting, completely biased, and overall very selfish not too long ago. I wouldn't take/accept opinions that differed from mine at all. But hey, good thing I fixed it in time. ;)

Yep, everyone has their own different preferences, and that's okay! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think it is a fad gone viral. I'm thinking there are quite a lot of tats that people regret getting and have removed. Piercings can go overboard too. I just call tats body graffiti. I don't know if it is common but I notice a lot of tats seem to fade. What's with that?

0|2
    1|1
    • Dang... that's REALLY disappointing if that really does happen, lol.

Cool as fuck when fresh... but kind of distorted later on...

• Tats aren't always what they are made out to be.

• I totally see your point of view. I can see how bare skin can be attractive. My boyfriend feels the same way you do.

I on the other hand love tattoos , piercings and colorful hair. Too many tattoos can be too much but some on the arm, back and legs I find attractive. I really just love people who look unique and decorate themselves. To me it is art and I love it.

1|1
    0|0
    • Also, I have one tattoo on the small of my back. I also have my belly pierced, my ears and my nose. I use to have my tongue pierced too. I am hoping to get a half a sleeve tattoo on my left arm aswell. 😌

• Though I don't know much about those kinds of things, but hey, if you like your tattoos and piercings, more power to you. :)

• I look so much better with tattoos and piercings and stretched ears but hey. If you don’t like them then more power to you. It’s definitely hard finding people without any body mods these days

1|2
    0|3
    • Yeah, more power to you too if you like them.

And yep, it's definitely harder, lol... not impossible, but definitely kind of hard.

• Show All
    • I think it depends on where you live. In the Netherlands (where I live) there are definitely more 'natural' people than people with tattoos or piercings.

• @Milan_22_

Oh yeah, that's definitely a big part of it.

I live in the U. S, Florida is specific.

I guess it's rather "neutral" when it comes to that... it has a lot of people with tattoos and piercings, but I know places that have even more. And it's not that rare to find 'natural' people on here.

• No, I love them! The girl in the first photo is kinda plain, but a little pretty. The second one is GORGEOUS! <3 <3 <3 Non-conformists for me, thanks.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|1
    • I downvoted you because of the non-conformist thing, but regardless of that, more power to you.

• Also, though I never gave a shit about this conformist/non-conformist bullcrap, these days, with how common tattoos and piercings are, if anything it's more non-conformist to not have any at all, lmao.

All the coolest celebrities have them... all the coolest young people (late teens, young adults) seem to have them... etc... it's much more common to have them than to not these days.

• Tattoos and Piercing are selfmutilation.

Every chick with Tattoos has some form of Daddy issues or different mental Problem.

So No, I don't find it attractive at all.

0|0
    1|2
    • I think that's a bit too straightforward/blunt, but I don't find it attractive either, lol.

• That's a stereotypical over-generalization, and it's offensive.
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• @MrMansonsPocketPssy

Though I don't agree with the conformist/non-conformist stuff you've been saying, you're actually right on this one. I didn't wanna say anything but @bill_towers is being an idiot.

• Ok so I don't like basically any piercings on guys, sometimes they can pull of an earing but even then... Tattoos if a guy has them I don't mind as long as he doesn't have A lot of them, when I say a lot I mean going onto his face all down his back and he looks more like a wall of graffiti then a human

0|1
    0|0
  • I think tattoo in right amount and meaning are absolutely sexy... the pictures you added are biased sure 1st girl is super cute but that's not because she doesn't have Tatts

0|1
    1|0
    • I mean they're both rather attractive, lol.

Neither of them are ugly.

The pictures were meant to be over-exaggerated... an attractive girl with NO tattoos/piercings of any sort, and and attractive them with tattoos/piercings absolutely ALL OVER. 2 extremes.

Notice how both of them are in tank tops/off the shoulders/showing a bit of skin? That was done on purpose to show off a girl with 100% natural skin, and a girl with 100% tattooed skin. The 1st girl has no tattooes at all... not on her face, arms, chest/collarbones, etc... the 2nd girl has them all over, arms, chest/collarbones, neck, etc.

But they're both attractive overall.

If you're naturally leaned towards a natural look you should most likely like girl 1...

If you're naturally leaned towards a more tattooed/creative look you should most likely like girl 2...

• I really like both if I’m honest I find tattoos and piercings hot on a girl, but also find the blank canvas look sexy too 🤷🏼‍♂️😋😋

1|2
    0|0
  • I once met a guy that had many tatoos scattered all over his body and plus he was a good looking guy so I found the combination quite appealing... I have no tatoos or piercings and I don't think I'd date a guy that had tatoos or piercings from head to toe...

0|1
    1|0
  • I just have my ears pierced. I don't usually wear earrings. I don't think I'll get tattoos. Maybe a little one that is not noticeable, but nothing big or obvious.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess that's why it's good there's some people who like them and some people who don't. You can go after the ones without and other guys that like them can date the ones that do. Just because we don't understand certain things doesn't mean they are bad or wrong. Just different.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends what tattoos and piercings, and where...
    But if they're badass abd they don't have every single part of their body tattooed like the face for instance...
    Then I absolutely love it...
    For example if that girl in the picture would have taken off the nose piercing and put a lip piercing instead she could have been twice as sexy in my opinion!

0|1
    1|0
  • Right here, chief!! I don't mind one or two small ones and I don't mind a pierced nose too much as long as it's just for a little stud, but that's where I draw the line.

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't want a prostitute. I want a girl who respects her body

0|1
    1|2
    • Can't she respect her body and gave tattoos and piercings?( Coming from a point of view that maybe they actually mean something to her)

• Show All
    • @Lyndsielee666 They really do need to just fuckin' chill, lmao.

• #MrsManson
      I never said that, I said it could make the girl in the pic a hell lot hotter

• Being modded myself, I love them but I understand its not everyones cup of tea.

2|2
    0|0
  • I don't like stretched earlobes. Other than that, I find these women equally attractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • In moderation, I think that they can be attractive. On the other hand, if a girl has so many tattoos that they look like a 2nd shirt or pants, they actually turn me off.

1|1
    0|0
  • No cute girl is made MORE attractive with the addition of a lot of piercings, or any tatts for that matter.

0|2
    1|0
  • Excessive facial piercings or poorly done tattoos can look pretty bad and turn me off.

Whereas, even really well done tattoos and non-excessive piercings will never change an unattractive person to an attractive one. At best, they can merely give an already attractive girl a different flavor of sorts.

I think that's what it really boils down to, as well. I would say that girl #2 would be just as attractive without tats/piercings, but the tats and piercings really paint a better picture as to what that girl is probably going to be like, her likes/dislikes, tolerances/intolerances, etc.

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't mind tattoos. As long as they aren't covering her chest or anything.

I'm not as big a fan of piercings though.

0|1
    1|0
  • I defiantly prefer girls natural, don't like tattoos and hate piercings.

0|1
    1|0
  • I like them on some people, but not on my dating partner.

0|1
    1|0
  • For me, it depends on the individual girl and if they suit her or not.
    Where it is and what it is.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can go either way. Attractive people are attractive, everything else is just decoration.

1|1
    0|0
  • I like natural, No piercings and tattoos

0|4
    1|0
    • Same here, lol.

It just kind of looks softer/more feminine and more welcoming to me.

• The second girl in the pic looks like an Orc from lord of the rings lol

• Not trying to be mean or sound like a dick, but... I don't disagree, lmao.

• The second girl like like a circus attraction

0|2
    1|0
    • It's her choice, and I respect her for it... but I don't disagree with you my friend, lol.

• I don't have an issue with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind the..

0|1
    0|0
  • I like piercings on woman but not tattoos.

0|1
    0|0
  • tattoos are my number one turn off.

1|1
    1|0
  • I don't like it at all.

1|1
    1|0
  • I love tattoos but I hate piercings.

0|1
    1|0
  • Ewwww conformists
    Love them

1|0
    1|2
    • Agreed
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• I always thought the conformist and non-conformist thing was kind of stupid... I mean for Christ's sake, who cares what's conforming and what's not? Just be yourself!

But regardless, if you like them, more power to you.

• Also, though I never gave a shit about this conformist/non-conformist bullcrap, these days, with how common tattoos and piercings are, if anything it's more non-conformist to not have any at all, lmao.

All the coolest celebrities have them... all the coolest young people (late teens, young adults) seem to have them... etc... it's much more common to have them than to not these days.

• I dont like the piercing on guys, they look a bit trashy to me in guys or girls. The tattoos I can handle on guys but only if they are inked in a place on their bodies that make them look sexy. And also not a lot of tattoos either. just a few is fine with me, I dont have tattoos though but I dont min seeing them in guys only if they are a few and in special places on the body

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes