Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?

So these days, it's not necessarily a new thing and has been happening for ages, but tattoos and piercings seem to be becoming increasingly more and more popular, and it's kind of becoming harder to find someone with NO tattoo and piercings, rather than with someone who does have them.

All the "cool" people and celebrities seem to have them, and the ones who don't are discussing what tattoos and piercings they think look cool, and when and where on the body they will get them...

But I personally just never got the appeal.

I never necessarily exactly desired to have any tattoos and piercings myself, and I don't think they necessarily make anyone look better.

Now I wouldn't exactly turn off a decent woman just because of one small simple tattoo or a simple piercing, but if she had them all over like the second woman in the above photo... I don't think I could exactly get turned on by her.

The thing is, on women, I kind of love pure, smooth skin... it just kind of looks more feminine/softer and welcoming to me... like the woman in the first photo... but if her skin is just completely covered up by tattoos and such, it doesn't look quite as feminine to me/kind of rough, and kind of looks aggressive and unapproachable.

But in the end, this kind of thing doesn't matter either ways.

It's completely subjective and not exactly based around any logic. And regardless of what seems to be "cool" in the media, no one's perceptions of beauty is necessarily 100% the same.

Perhaps some people feel the complete opposite I do, and think that no tattoos and piercings looks too "boring" and "basic."

But regardless, I'm still interested in what people have to say, as my opinion seems to be more on the unpopular side.
  • Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?Yes. I prefer it natural.
  • Anyone else not find tattoos or piercings attractive?No! I love them!

1421

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing is, not everyone wants the natural look. I mean, I believe that's why people get implants, plastic surgeries, lots of tattoos and piercings. Cause they want to look different or add something new to their body. They want to look cooler, sexier, more badass, etc. Also, not every women want to look feminine either.

I think that woman in the second Pic looks amazing. Ya she might not look like the natural typical girl but she looks cool to me. And I like her style.

• You bring up an excellent point, and I pretty much agree with all you're saying.

Some people prefer the natural look, some people prefer a more modified look that adds something more, etc... it's completely subjective, really. There's no right or wrong.

Though "natural" is often seen as the good thing and "unnatural" as the bad, it's not always the case... sure, skin unmarked by tattoos or piercings is natural... but you know what else is natural? Disease... natural disasters that destroy people's humans... mutations that make some people be born deformed and live difficult lives... etc.

So all because one is natural and one is not doesn't make one good and the other bad, and vice verse. It's all up to you, what you like.

• Wow I completely agree with you too!
      I actually wish more people thought the same way as you and understood both sides of the story. I completely understand if some people don't find them attractive, cause everyone got their preferences.

• Yeah... I actually USED to be quite disgusting, completely biased, and overall very selfish not too long ago. I wouldn't take/accept opinions that differed from mine at all. But hey, good thing I fixed it in time. ;)

Yep, everyone has their own different preferences, and that's okay! :)