Most Helpful Guy
Microwave are electromagnetic radiations like x-rays or uv etc, they carry both electric and magnetic charge, and they can cook you, give you cancer and much more, but it depends upon emp, amplitude, wavelength, and frequency of the waves,
If these subatomic charged particles remaind in the food after cooking then it can cause so.
However it also depends on corn varieties as well,
But yes it can cause cancer.
Most Helpful Girl
No, it does not. There was once a chemical used that was not harmful to average consumers, because we didn't eat enough popcorn to get enough concentration of it, but was causing problems for people who worked in the factories. That has been removed from all regular brands last time I checked.