What kind of eater are you?

The Slow Eater - We all know the type: After everyone else has finished their meal, you'll find this person plodding along, eating one little bite at a time. When sitting down at the table, the slow eater takes his or her sweet time -- and is always the last person to finish the meal.

The Fast Eater - There's a good chance you or someone else in your family fits the description of the fast eater -- and if you grew up with a fast eater, you probably developed a habit of fighting for seconds. This person tends to barrel through meals, cleaning the plate before the rest of the table has finished even half of their meal.

The Adventurer - The adventurous eater is always looking for the next gastronomic adventure. When it comes to food -- and probably other areas of life -- this person is a thrill-seeker and a risk-taker.

The Picky Eater - This person may never have grown out of their childhood likes and dislikes, or the tendency to turn up his or her nose at an unfamiliar cuisine. This eater can often be found asking a waiter if the dish can be served without sauce or with dressing on the side.

The Isolationist - One of the more unusual eating types, approaches the plate methodically, eating one food item in its entirety before moving on to the next.

courtesy : huffingtonpost
  • What kind of eater are you?The Slow Eater
    Vote A
  • What kind of eater are you?The Fast Eater
    Vote B
  • What kind of eater are you?The Adventurer
    Vote C
  • What kind of eater are you?The Picky Eater
    Vote D
  • What kind of eater are you?The Isolationist
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to be a fast eater but after this diet I went on a couple years ago I started eating slower and savoring my food as much as I could since I wasn't letting myself eat a lot at the time and it kinda just stuck since its second nature to me now

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I’m a mix of isolationist/slow eater. Whenever I have a multi-item meal, I eat one part (i. e: beans before potatoes) before the next. I thought that was normal though, no? Do most people eat combinations?

I also happen to be a slow eater too, unfortunately. Growing up, I was always the last one done eating, and people would get seconds while I was finishing my first. More specifically, they’d get seconds because they were bored waiting for me to finish haha. I can eat a lot, but it takes awhile. I don’t really like being rushed, so maybe that’s why.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• I used to be the slow eater and now I'm just the normal eater lol. And I can also be a bit picky

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an isolationist. I work my way around the plate eating each portion separately, saving the best for last.
    At home I'm usually the first one done but I can be a slow eater if there is lots of dinner conversation or if I'm at a restaurant. I seem to get distracted from my food and get done last.
    I'm open to trying new foods but I wouldn't call myself adventurous. I'm not too picky but I do have preferences.

0|1
    0|0
  • None, posh eater would describe me. I subconsiously lift my pink up when I drink from a glass. I always use a napkin. I don´t eat trashy looking food or food I know isn´t prepared with hygiene. I rarely eat outside and I prefer self or home made food. I mainly eat healthy food as well not just for my health but also because I´m not really fond of junk/fat food. I also try to keep my hands as clean as possible while eating.
    Not a picky eater either, I really love to try new dishes.

0|2
    0|0
    • As if you're exactly describing me, awesome!

Add to that that the food I love most is the food that I make by myself

• Show All
    • I'm both a giver and a taker 😂

• I'm almost only a giver, LMFAO!

• I was always a slower eater than most.
    Then I moved to Italy (about a year ago). Compared to them I am a veeeeery slow eater. We are talking about monsters that devour whole pizzas in 5 minutes, pretty scary.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Fast Eater.
    If you're starving and have some delicious meal in front of you there's no other way than eating as fast as possible. The only problem is that you'll probably end up in a food coma and get hungry again within an hour!

0|0
    0|0
  • The slowest eater.
    The picky as well, but only at home :P Outside I only tend to order things I absolutely know I'll enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • generally slower than most, but only because it is much healthier for you to take your time while eating. Most times you will actually find that you will fill up quicker, without consuming as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a fast eater. Always on the go! Then, when I learned how to cook well, I became a picky eater.

0|2
    0|0
  • I picked the fast, as i guess that be the strongest by me
    But i think i stick to 3 of them
    1. Fast
    2. The Isolationist
    3. The Picky Eater

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom used to yell at me for eating too fast as a kid, but now people are always bitching I take too long to eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be a fast eater until my recent diet changed that. Now I'm a little one the slow side, but it's not that bad- I'm usually not the one to finish last.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am definitely a slow eater but also an isolationist most of the time lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted slow but I could be fast too. It depends on how much I’m talking

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat pretty slowly. I like to take my time and enjoy my food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fast and picky eater. I don't eat everyone's food, because not everyone cooks the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what I'm eating, how much time do I have and such.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both picky eater and the isolationist.

0|0
    0|0
  • The picky eater

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda picky I am pretty particular with stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Picky Eater.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can be all of them at different times :)

0|0
    0|0
  • The fast eater. Yum!

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the slow picky eater

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast and messy eater haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a death eater.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Adventurer

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a slow eater who likes to take gastronomic adventures and eats like an isolationist. 😎
    I know I sound annoying, BECAUSE I AM BIATCH. 😂😂

1|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 21

• I eat once max twice a day but I eat a lot. I make sure someone else from my friends sees me just to get their reaction of me eating a LOT of food. I don't know what I am

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more between the the slow eater, and the picky eater.. But you forgot one more.. The booty eater- This person tends to demonstrate how they would eat booty with how they eat food.. Which usually involves being gobbled down.. LOL..

0|0
    0|0
  • generally slow for the most part... I like to enjoy my food and eat at a comfortable pace

people that have a bad habit of shovelling down their food, like ok... calm down hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just an eater. I eat what I'm offered, even if it's something new, but by myself, I never venture far from my comfort zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • A posh slow isolationist eater whose most favorite food is the one he cooks by himself...

It gives me the feeling of " enjoying the fruits of my work "

0|0
    0|0
  • Adventurous obviously I love foood!!! I'm a food hoe!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast, but then I cook it, so I like to get all the pots clean first.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am an isolationist eater, but don't care if food touches

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast eater.
    I eat and go, nothing I can do about it

0|0
    0|0
  • MIx of the fast eater the adventurer and the isolationist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definetly a fast eater, not so much adventurous xD If I like something, I’ll eat it all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • The fast adventurer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ik I'm picky one😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • A fast eater i eat fast from being nervous

0|0
    0|0
  • slow and isolationist.