My boyfriend hates my cooking... any ideas?

Hey y’all. So I’ll admit I’m not the best cook out there and my boyfriend ALWAYS complains about my food. He doesn’t cook much but I make dinner every night and he's just like ehhh. I try to mix it up but whatever lol at least he gets a meal every night. What are some of your favorite things?

2885

Most Helpful Guys

• In order to help I would need to know what you are cooking.

I am a cook for a living and what ever you are making keep it simple never more than 5 ingredients.

Pork chops, mashed potatoes and Green beans.
    Pork chops
    Salt and pepper and cook in frying pan.
    Mashed potatoes
    Cook potatoes in salted water until fork tender drain butter and milk. Salt and pepper.
    Fresh green beans put in boiling water until tender but still crisp. Drain salt and pepper and garlic powder and butter.

• What are some good non dairy recipes

• OK replace the mashed potatoes with roasted potato fingerlings. Tossed in olive oil with Thyme and Rosemary.

Use dairy free butter like I can't believe it's not butter. Use SILK instead of milk.

• Taste everything. Add in small increments. Do not be afraid to experiment. Take my dinner for tonight as an example. My dinner tonight is based off of japanese shoyu ramen. Ramen cooked in beef stock with 2 soft boiled eggs, 1 vidalia onion, and grilled spam because I'm out of meat seasoned with black pepper. While not ideal it is a decent easy recipe. Learn to cook. Lots of youtube channels devoted to teaching the art of cooking. Practise is very important. I am 30 years old with 28 years of cooming under my belt. I began at 2 cracking eggs for my great grandmother to bake cookies. She went through and picked out all the egg shells. I been cooking ever since. Have patience. It does not happen over night.

• Also do not be afraid of gadgets. For example my egg in my ramen. 148 degrees in a sous vide. The yolk is like custard the whites are runny like a jelly. Which i like as it blends well in ramen. You could also use room temp eggs and boil them for 7 1/2 minutes eggsactly. The whites will be set better. Still delicious. Think about flavors. Spam from the can is incredibly salty in my opinion. When grilled on A hot indoor electric continental grill its still salty but less so and kinda like bacon. It brings the whole thing together without salting the dish.

Most Helpful Girls

• How bout you tell him to stop bitching cuz at least you’re making an effort. What’s he doing? Complaining instead of taking initiative to cook. He’s not even giving you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. He’ll be alright. Don’t worry about it too much. You’re doing what you can.

• Just stop cooking for a week. Make yourself salads or eat after work. Let him complain. Tell him to man up and provide you with some food every once in a while. Ask him last him he cooked for you. Tell him exactly what his last complaint was about your food. Don't let him treat you like his mother. It's not your job to parent a grown ass man. If he dumps you because he expects a hot meal, then let him go because he ain't worth you time. Imagine having his ingratitude for the next 40-50 years. It's really not worth it and that kind of resentment and lazy behavior is what leads to divorce