Reasons Why I Don't Dislike Shy Girls

I've been seeing questions regarding whether or not do guys dislike shy girls.

Do guys dislike shy girls?

Do guys "dislike" shy girls?

My answer is: no I don't hate them.

Reasons Why I Don't Dislike Shy Girls

Why?

1. They're adorable.

That ☝️.
That ☝️.

I dunno why but I find shyness to be very adorable. Their shyness is what usually grabs my attention. Each time I catch a shy girl looking at me and then looking down, I'm like "gotcha girl, you just happened to catch my attention with that shyness." Shy girls have an entirely different ambience around them which makes them cute in my eyes.

2. Their eyes.

Damn it.
Damn it.

I gotta say I too am shy at times and I don't engage eye contact with girls. But when I happen to look in their eyes, I do get to know what their eyes say mostly. However, their mouth doesn't.

3. Their voice.

Good to hear.
Good to hear.

From what I have seen, shy girls usually have a high-pitched, soft voice which is very cute to hear. It sounds even better when you know that they don't talk too much.

4. The way they blush.

Cute.
Cute.

The heading pretty much sums it up already. Not saying that all shy girls blush but the ones who do, make me melt. Those red cheeks are so good to see 😉. Enough said.

5. They don't try to draw attention to themselves.

This photo is a bit too much lol.
This photo is a bit too much lol.

Lol they look cute when they don't try to be the centre of attention. But that's what usually catches my attention.

6. Facial expressions.

Reasons Why I Don't Dislike Shy Girls

There's something very intriguing to read their facial expressions. Shy girls convey a lot of things by their facial expressions without saying anything which again, is adorable.

7. When they open up.

Yeah, talk.
Yeah, talk.

Personally, I have never been in a relationship with a shy girl, but I think it would be quite rewarding for me if I see her opening up to me. I'd absolutely love that feeling.

8. They are them.

Reasons Why I Don't Dislike Shy Girls

Being who you really are is such a turn on. Shy girls are shy , they don't go around doing things they don't like to, rather, they stay themselves, shy and cute. Such a turn on.

9. The subtle signs of interest they give off when the like a guy.

Gotcha!
Gotcha!

Don't worry, almost all of us come to know what you're indicating when you flash that smile along with a glance 😉.

10. Smiling.

Keep smiling.
Keep smiling.

Well girls do look cute when they smile and so do shy girls.

That's why.

"You don't know you're beautiful."

Well said.

This doesn't mean that I don't find confident girls attractive. They are charming in their own way.

Interesting confidence.
Interesting confidence.

I really wanted to write this take and let it all out.

And dear shy girls,

Don't be too shy if the guy you like approaches you 😉. Just be sure to talk to him. You don't wanna let him down by not talking to him by acting way too shy as this may make you look you aren't interested. Just try to hold the convo and show your interest too. That being said, good luck!

Thats all people.

Thank you for reading.

-Eryxx

3634

Most Helpful Girls

• Yeah what you described isn't really a "shy girl", I mean girls aren't like that in real life, the ones that do are those ones that are into Anime, they try and imitate how the characters act all bashful and clumsy.

I'm an incredibly shy person, I don't talk around people unless I'm with a friend or my boyfriend. Most people forget I'm even there, but sometimes they get annoyed at me and exclude me, that's when I leave and if my friends are there they'll leave with me. Being shy isn't fun, it's restrictive.

• yes!! i knew i wasn’t the only one who thinks like that

• I am not really shy but I understand the appeal of shy girls from a guy's point of view. Some of my girl friends who are shy get so much male attention and they don't even have to really "work" for it. I also came across this myTake as well which you and other guys may find helpful in understanding shy girls. Shy Girls: The Complete Guide to Understanding the Quiet Ones ↗

• Valid points that take has. Thank you for sharing it.

Most Helpful Guys

• I have a perfect 50/50 split on shy girls.

I love em to death but, that shit is too much of a pain in the ass to put up with

It's maddening

• In my experience shy girls can certainly make things difficult in a relationship. A relation is based on communication and trust. If you can't communicate yourself in an assertive way, there can't be trust, and shy girls already have trust issues, insecurities (otherwise they wouldn't be shy), so what good communication will be in the first place? Sure, if you like reading minds and do everything in exchange of nothing a shy girl may suit you well.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 34

• As a shy girl i think sometimes it's annoying for me to be that way... hard to speak up my mind since i'm afraid of being ignored or rejected. I will just give people an awkward smile if they ask sth from me. I can feel I'm pretty boring if i'm not comfortable to talk with that person

• Speak up your mind when you're comfortable. Hope it goes fine.

• Not all shy girls are like this. We aren't all soft spoken, quiet giggling cutesy girls that don't talk much. We don't wear adorably oversized sweaters, have large hipster glasses and read all the time. >___>

• As I said, 'from what I have seen' and 'mostly'. I know that not all shy girls are the same.
      Oh and I never mentioned the things you told in the last sentence of your opinion but I guess some people may think like that. Anyways, thanks for your opinion.

• I know, it's just that the last sentence is actually the stereotypical shy girl that you'd see on like, Pinterest

• Great my Take ^-^
    It's so rare to hear a guy saying he like shy girls.

I'm so shy that when I was in high school my crush thought I didn't liked him at all and I was too shy to tell him I liked it when he talked to me ><

• what if this girl isn't only shy but also awkward depressed and behaving like a scared wild animal who just escaped from the zoo? :(

• Movie/TV shy girls and real life shy girls are different. You seem to like the fantasy shy girl. Being shy in real life isn't really cutesy and all the things you listed. It's awkward and most times embarrassing.

• That's why people are moving away from real-life relationships. With TV and movies, the standards for what we like in a person is way too unrealistic, so no one in real life can live up to your fictional crush.

• @AD240pCharlie that and this generation is all about the short term.

• It’s nice to know that there will be someone who loves me for who I am

• Good to know... Being shy, you often get overlooked for more outgoing girls. It's nice to hear that it's considered a positive quality to some men.

• I am shy and I think I might have ruined a relashonship because of it but I love this mytake well written and lots of good points

• hmm its hard for me to have an opinion. more research is needed kid

• I'm shy too and I love how I'm

• Love it!

• Interesting

• Nice take

• As a "Shy girl" I apriciate this. Thanks!

• Soo sweet :) thanks (im a super shy girl)

• @MarilynMansonsSlvt thoughts?

• Interesting mytake

• Cool

• i'm very shy irl.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Good take

• <3 <3

• So you just want a pushover cliche 'shy' girl that acts like a 12 year old girl?
    As almost everyone else said, this isn't what shy means. You are quite immature , and like a trait that is also very immature.

• None of this is the case when you are Ugly.

• You just described me!

• Omg! Such a cute take from such a cute guy ❤️

• Shy girls might only be shy at first. Guys are shy too.

• Nicely done

• I have one thing to say... so many photos!

• Hah, catchy isn't it?

• Kinda lol. It made your take long, not that I mind.

• Didn't want to add those lengthy duh things. So I guess the photos might work out lol.

• Interesting...

• Show more from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 32

• Shyness in a girl can be very endearing and can compensate for her being a bit more difficult to involve in conversation and to get her to go on a date with you.

• Not to be a piece of shit, but did you just do all the effort of pulling up a One Direction song, but then choose the worst one? Fool's Gold and their rest of the two last albums are waaay better.

• Good take, good points. I tended to stick mostly with the more shy of the gals. And it wasn't that I actively sought out the shy gals, but rather trying to avoid the over-bearing ones, the over-emotive, baggage-carrying, voicey braggers, or whiny brats (yes, we had them back in the 60's too).

• Smiling... wtf u want me to do
    Smiling doesn't mean anything , show me something more :)

• Basically being friendly to anybody doesn't mean anything , must people are so bitchy at this moment we live it , when i see someone smiling at me its like... what are you doing?

• I see what you mean.

• Good take buddy
    I hope this reaches out for all shy girls
    Keep on going don't stop writing too

• I do not like shy women at all. For me there is nothing sexy about a quiet, sheepish, socially squeamish female by a long shot.

I like a lively, confident woman who's not afraid of the world and not afraid of speaking back to me. And I want to hear her voice, not strain to. And I don't want to put up with some chick who's scared of saying anything to me or is worried about how she will look for doing it, nor do I want an overthinker who has to figure out "what does this mean?" from reading waaaaay too deep into my words or actions.

I'm sorry but shy women are not sexy.

• Yeah I get you. Confident women in general are easy to talk to and they don't take too long to open up. I like them too as I mentioned in the take but confident women are easy on most things.
      But the thing about overthinking, that is stereotyped as a shy girl's habit isn't always true, though it certainly is on most cases.
      But then again, we all have our preferences.

• And that's okay.

• I don't hate shy women either.

They just take more time than I'm willing to give. I feel like I'm making all the effort and meanwhile I'm missing a golden opportunity to talk to that other woman who is more comfortable in her skin.

That's the kind of woman I want.

But you, if you like these qualities, go for it. ;)

• "Personally, I have never been in a relationship with a shy girl, but I think it would be quite rewarding for me if I see her opening up to me"

yea go get those shy girls. won't be competing with u

• I dont know why would anyone dislike you for being shy... but it happens.
    Nice take

• Shy girls gets you hard easily cause as much as you wanna bone them, you have no idea what they are up to... That's so cute..

• good take, but its better if you can get those shy girls and you make them confident enough to talk up and get them engaged with people :)

• Good take. Most of these can be attributed to a good portion of women though, regardless of their degree of shyness.

• I like that my girlfriend is NOT shy at all with everyone else but she is super shy with me.

• I love shy girls, for all these reasons. Plus I'm shy around women so I'd feel less of a burden.

• I love shy girls and my girlfriend is super shy too 🤗❤️ They are adorable ❤️🤗

• I mean i do not like them generally because they're more work to get them to warm up to you and ain't nobodyyy got time for that BS

• they lack confidence. real men love a girl with confidence.

A confident girl like Shuri

• Too long. Didn’t read.

• Great take - Couldn't agree more

• Run while you still can.

• Shy ones are better than the loud bratty ones

• Interesting

• I am attracted to the shy ones too.

• good post

• eye-opening take

• Nice

• Good.

• I agree with pretty much this entire thing

• They're less likely to cheat or to have slept around

• This is the dumbest thing ever.

People, no one cares what you dont do dont dislike like or whatever the fk this is

• Show more from Guys
    2