How Feminists Devalue Men's Contributions with the Non Gender Role Game.

hahahmm
How Feminists Devalue Mens Contributions with the Non Gender Role Game.

Just some thoughts.... So recently a site contributor posted this picture. It shows a mother holding a sign that says, "Teach your sons that cooking & cleaning are basic life skills NOT gender roles."

My response was: "guys were already expected to know 100 times more life skills than woman. That was true 100 years ago and it's true today. She'd be better off teaching her daughters how to repair cars, fix plumbing, home construction and so on. That daughter is going to need it if she can't find a man and she's too broke to pay for help. Oh, and the best cooks in the world are men so I don't think guys need to worry."

Haven't men been cooking and cleaning for eons? I mean when we aren't too busy fixing cars, repairing the house, winding down from a long day at work and so on? Men did not change. Women changed. Women decided to get careers and get stressed out at work so now they come home and... hey, there isn't a lot of time to cook and it's not fun to cook. Us men understand since when we're single a lot of us do cook for ourselves. And any of us even did learn to cook very young because it was the only way to even get what we wanted to eat at certain times. One of the points of being in a serious relationship is to have teamwork. Now instead of just being responsible for his own car, maybe he's responsible for her car too. But she's going to claim that's a gender role, while cooking is a "non gender" role.

When a woman says "cooking and cleaning are... not gender roles" what she's really saying is that she wants men to do all of these "non gender roles" and free up her time. She's saying that the team work and balancing that our ancestors did don't work for her so we need to re-balance things in a way that makes her life easier. In On Needing Women & Love in the Modern Age I wrote, "Each year, man's responsibilities in relationships increase while women's decrease."

The way she tries to get what she wants is by pretending that a man is not giving enough already.

If a man has to repair cars, fix plumbing, do home security, construction and so on by himself, why is she complaining about cooking & cleaning? Especially since most men already DO contribute something to that stuff, they just don't see it as their primary responsibility if there's somebody else on the TEAM with FREE TIME created by him doing all the other stuff. Do the math on all of the stuff added to his plate and all of the stuff she wants removed from her plate and suddenly we're not talking about team work. We're talking about a guy being a slave to a lazy/entitled woman who is too good to do certain chores.

I do encourage men to have as many life skills as possible but I totally reject the idea that a traditional man should believe that he has to pick up the slack for a woman and do everything she doesn't feel like doing. Where does it end? What would happen if he ignored his own responsibilities because he doesn't feel like doing those things? Is she going to pick up the slack? No. She's going to pick up a new man. If a man or woman is unable to be a good team player then maybe they aren't worthy of being in a real relationship.

Some women like to talk about the money they bring to a relationship. Let's play that game. If we only look at the protection a male gives his woman from being harmed physically, in and of itself, that's worth $75-$150/hour times 24 hours/day times 365 days = $657k to $1.3 million dollars per year. How many dinners would it take to equal $657k? That's like 180 years worth of $10 dinners. Okay, she can say, "I will just call 911". Not the same thing since cops 1.) don't have to protect you and 2.) often take 30 minutes or longer to show up, 3.) often don't stop bad things from happening and just write reports, collect evidence, after bad things happen.

If she says a certain man doesn't know anything about cars, okay. He's still expected to be her "shoulder to cry on" therapist. A professional therapist is like $300-$400/hour. But let's pretend that him being her shoulder is a non gender role even tho women absolutely aren't interested in being a man's shoulder to cry on --- or they only think he should get 1% of the shoulder she gets.

I could go on and on -- the fact is that men bring a lot of value to the relationship. Don't act like he needs to become Gordon Ramsay *and* cook half or all of the time to prove something.

Being a good team player doesn't mean you switch roles (from say quaterback to lineman) without a *very* good reason like some kind of an emergency. You don't do it just because the other person feels like having you do twice the work you normally do.But let these feminists tell it... if a man spends 3 hours working on a car that is equivalent to her spending 2 minutes heating something up in the microwave. Don't be a sucker. These kinds of women are always trying to negotiate you into slavery by convincing you that what you do is worth less than what she does but that's just not the case.

5
11
5Girl Opinion
11Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• midnightmoon05
    I like a lot of your opinions... this is too tidies... with who does what.

We work as a team, communicate how things get done... if he likes to do the fixing (car, house) and makes him happy, he can do that... otherwise, I just pay someone to fix car/house.. etc.
    Cooking/cleaning... same... if he likes, he can... otherwise, I just pay someone to do the cooking and cleaning.
    I hate when I hear women (from my job) complain about how much work they have to do when they are making good money and have a good job, they can pay someone to do the cleaning and cooking.

I do think, we both should be a team and work things out how to help ea. other. If I have time and not too tire, we cook, clean together...
    make the relationhsip fun. teach kids how to communicate, work as a team, make a better life/family together. :)
    Is this still revelant?
    • hahahmm

If you and your husband are driving a car in a snow storm with no cell coverage and the car breaks down, you ain't going to be the one walking 10 miles back to the gas station. Come on now. There's always something that 99% of women aren't going to do but a man is absolutely expected to. Granted, if your man is crippled or acts like a chick then ymmv, as they say. Sure, rich couples can outsource a lot of things tho.

• I like that tough scenario you shared … both being stranded with no cell. It will not be me or him going alone … chances are both of us go together.

I used to care who does what… I learned my lesson, that these don’t matter anymore.

I hope you meet a good hearted lady to share your dreams.

• I am not rich…
      The right partner will work with you to make ea others life better and richer.

• Justneedtokno
    Did you really just take my posts and decided that it was an attack on men. Because it’s not. I was saying is help out in the relationship. Before you are with someone you take care of yourself right so why would it be any different within a relationship. Cooking and cleaning or not gender specific
    LikeDisagree 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Lol 😂 not all men know how to do half of the things on your list. Because it’s a New Age so honestly it’s OK again it’s not a feminist post it was just something ask questions about.. Doing things in the household is a team effort that’s all like you stated. Not gender specific. And not broke I’ll just go and save and get it done by a professional if you can’t help

• hahahmm

Doesn't matter if a man doesn't do half the things on my list. The fact is that women consider that stuff a man's role/job and she can absolutely find dudes who do more of the list than the guy who does little to none. I've also observed that a woman's requirements are very low until she's in a really serious relationship. Then suddenly she's not okay with a guy not knowing how to do any traditional stuff.

• hahahmm

Oh, and even if a guy doesn't fix cars, 9 times out of ten he knows how to negotiate the best car repair deals and avoid getting scammed. 9 out of 10 women have no clue about that stuff.

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    Bingo.

As you pointed out, women are the ones who changed and they assumed men would just follow along without complaining. They changed the rules expecting men would still want to play the same game by their new rules. But men are pushing back and either changing the rules themselves or just not playing the game anymore.

Most of today's women don't bring nearly as much value to dating and marriage as women of the past, and yet they expect men to do all of the things men used to do PLUS what women used to do. If they think men are going to continue to support their new model, they are in for serious disappointment. Women have reduced their value to men to little more than sex and childbirth, and that is a recipe for societal disaster.
    Like 6 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I want to add that I have yet to meet a woman my age who can cook more than SpaghettiOs or Mac N Cheese. Such hypocrisy.

• Where are you meeting these girls?

• snackthatsmilesback
    Holy shit. So you've never met a woman who says non gender roles and DOES non gender roles? Okay.

I have, and we work really well as a team. Yes she can do "male" stuff like car shit and "female" stuff like cook, and so can I. And she's perfectly willing (and able) to give protection and a shoulder 50/50.

Really *nothing* you said here applies, because she's not lazy or entitled or trying to make me a slave. She just doesn't like gender roles. Just like plenty of other people.

Try not to generalize so fucking much okay?
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • hahahmm

Pretty sure that I always qualify my statements to say "most women", "many women" and so on. I leave room for the 3% of women who do work on cars to not be included. So my article did not even apply to your girlfriend. Although I think you're very deluded if you think women will give a man as much emotional support as she expects to receive. You let me know as you gain more life experience.

• Well I guess I just missed the qualifications then, my bad. I still don't think this applies to "most" though. That's fair I don't have as much experience, but (including emotion) the sides have just gotten more* even as I've gotten older. I don't see that reversing anytime soon, unless the pregnancy really fucks her over I guess.

• hahahmm

@snackthatsmilesback I really respect that you admit to a mistake. That's a good quality to have.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

39
  • Wester1967
    Where's the daddy in this picture? Like the latest Kevin S video. The moma has three kids and no daddy because she hates men, can't maintain a healthy relationship, and is raising kids with no father as a single mom to take care of her in her old age. Due to her being a boss babe and having "a family" with no man involved. In narc abuse these boy children are the "son husband"... My grandma did this to my dad and it totally fked up my family top to bottom.
    Like 3 People
  • Fuentes
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWTl6zviPFUFresh & Fit explain this all the time. It means nothing to us
    Like 2 People
    • hahahmm

That girl in the video is just a deluded whore... going to be in casual relationships her whole life. And even if she finds a sucker to take her seriously she won't take him seriously so it's still casual really.

• Her look/body will not last.
      I know plenty regreat how they wasted their youth... acting trashy or have unrealistic expectations...

• Gigi2019
    I can't stand these ignorant, zero-sum game gender arguments. Fellas, try to survive without females. Females, do the same. Both genders are needed, valuable, and necessary for human beings of either gender to exist. smdh
    • hahahmm

But men and women are not the same. Did you even read? You're not going to be moving a 300 pound box. You're not going to be fixing the car, doing the plumbing... if you say a tiny percentage of women do it that only proves the point. With cars for example... there's around 1,500 female auto mechanics in the entire U. S. Women are NOT interested in a huge number of things that they coincidentally expect men to do for them. That's not even talking about the emotional support 99% of you women want from a man. You say "try to survive without females" - ha! Are you serious? Women are the ones getting the most government hand outs, child support, alimony, free rent & cellphones from exes. Get real.

• hahahmm

And if you think a man can't survive without you that's just evidence that you're unable to get a quality man. Period.

• Gigi2019

You can't exist without a female's ovaries. And, a female cannot exist without the sperm to fertilize her ovaries. Both genders are essential for ANY human being to take a breath on this planet, much less use their big, smart brains to build stairways to the stars. You obviously are stuck on effect vs cause. As I said, it is a zero sum game to tell either gender that their presence is neither needed nor required on the planet. See how far that will get the, "Planet of Males". The CCP is having such a problem right now. They have killed off most of their female children. Now, Chinese men are having to look outside of their country for wives. Many of these men are considering homosexuality because they have no choice. LOL

• Browneye57
    Yep. Same shit, different day.
    Modern feminism and woke culture isn't improving anyone's lives. PERIOD.
    Like 4 People
  • notwoke
    I agree, I know how to clean, cook and fix a car and I do it... for myself. These strong women can figure it out for themselves too.
    Like 1 Person
  • bamesjond0069
    Correct but the answer is not to whine about it. I CAN cook really well. When in a relationship i refuse. My girlfriend at first would ask for help a lot like can you season the meat while i do the sides etc and i just say "no thanks" thats all you need to do. The get it pretty quick.

Also if im with a girl not doing her cooking or woman stuff right i just tell her the relationship is nothing more than casual because a womans worth is judged on her feminine abilities and im too good to eat mcdonalds, she needs to cook for me, leave and find a hobo cuck, or be content being a friends with benefits because thats as far as she's going to get with me. Men today need to find their balls and just say this shit to women.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
  • msc545
    According to women, men are SUPPOSED to do all the shitty work
    Like 3 People
  • sinpi
    Um. I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Have you ever met a married couple before?
    • hahahmm

There's happily married & unhappily married couples so I don't see your point. Use your words and be more specific.

• weeee
    What a sad outlook on life
  • doopayo
    The point flew straight over your head
    Disagree 8 People
    • Sounds like it flew over YOUR head. At 15, you have no experience from which to speak-you are just parroting bullshit that women keep repeating.

• dillingerjohnny187
    I have no problem with it.
  • Anonymous
    Self defense is a basic life skill to. I'd honestly let a criminal beat rape and kill her. Not risking my life for a bitch who does nothing for anyone else.
    Like 2 People