Is it ever "good" when a girl calls you annoying?

I have this weird but playful dynamic with this girl, in which we give each other a hard time. We talk and joke a lot but she calls me annoying a lot. She says "you are annoying" but she has this coy smile on her face and a lot of times when she does it, she wants to crack up, but holds back and stays "serious".

There are times she will tease me and then she will slowly turn back to look at me and has this smile on her face and say things like "oh you are butthurt and you are going to be quiet now?" And things like that.

Its weird because i have female friends who will tease me but also be nice to me, she teases me and we have fun, but its like she never wants to be "nice" or "good girl" and keeps arguing with me or giving me a hard time.

What can i make of this?

42

Most Helpful Girls

• It's never good to be annoying to someone, but to some extent, she may find it appealing that you don't always act the way she wants. The second paragraph clearly shows she's just being playful when she says those things. Don't take it personally. That's just her sense of humor.

• I can relate to this. There's this guy who is EXTREMELY annoying, but I actually have a crush on him. I think it's actually cute for guys to be annoying, but DON'T overdo it. The type of annoying that I like is when a guy teases me, I think it's also a good opportunity for me to think of good comebacks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello there, MaxwelSmart

I'm not female, but perhaps my opinion will be of some worth nevertheless. I would say that certainly it's more of a good thing rather than bad. By how you described it, it seems to be more playful rather than serious. People tend to be nice and good to people they don't know as to show good character, but seeing that they are "mean" to you may show that they are more open to you compared to others. I'll put myself as an example. I often brag about myself, act egocentric, belittle my friends, and say insulting things to them. But that is because they are my friends, and that they are used to it and know it is not what I truly think or feel but more like a running joke. Those are things I would never do with strangers, who I otherwise treat proper and kindly, if that makes any sense to you? Many times girl friends of mine call me stupid, and retarded, silly, childish, but yet they always smile and laugh at my foolish acts and enjoy my company despite saying the things they say.
    What I am trying to say is that they give you a hard time most likely in a friendly jokingly manner, by how you described it. If they are smiling and laughing, and enjoying themselves, then I would say you are doing a good job.

Merely opinions from a complete stranger.