How to stop being sad about still being single?

I'm 27 now and now I see most of the people I know younger than me getting married and most of my friends married now. Its hard especially at my church where after service I see women going home to their husbands or leaving happily with their boyfriends to go on dates. And I just go home without a spouse. It just makes me want to cry and eat chocolate all day but that will just make me fat lol

227

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't stress over it too much, I think when you stress over it and try too hard it puts out a kind of vibe that repels instead of attracts a mate. Try to get into the mindset of what ever happens happens just know that the right person will come into your life when it's the right time. Also you're no where near too old yet, I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 25 and didn't get married until I was 29. It wasn't until I decided to just take things as they come and stopped worrying and stressing over being single that I finally met my wife.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all you don't need a man to make you happy! We make ourselves happy we make ourselves complete no one else... You need to stop focusing too much on being single and just go out and enjoy life... I'm a firm believer that there is someone out there for all of us and when the time is right we will meet them

What Guys Said 26

• You can stop being sad about it by going out and mingling. Find something to do, some hobby that will get you in contact with others, single men if possible but networking works just as well. Don't feel bad, you have time (I would hope so, I'm 33 and single so your not as bad off as you think).

• Stop being sad and get out there. Do it now! There are dating apps (POF or OKcupid) that are free. Trust me... The older you get, the harder to find someone. The emotional baggage that gets lugged around gets waaaaay worse... The physical ailments get way worse... Get out there now! Go. Do it!

• Find someone. Plain and simple. Im 35 and single so dont complain. Its hard on my end to when it comes to finding women. Most of you have set your standards so high and have become materialistic and worried about what others will think of them in reguards to who theyre dating.

• I'm 27 and single too... Don't overthink it, and don't settle for less than mutual understanding and attraction

• Nothing to worry about... you are still a twenty-something female... THE most sought after demographic of any !! Your male counterparts will find it far , far harder to get a woman , than you finding a man , if that's any comfort !! As a single dad & still FT working , I have simply accepted my situation = permanent single hood , but that is a price well worth paying.

• Don't give up theirs too many people in the world to be single. πŸ˜‚ you have to actively find someone right for you and not settle for less as long as your not trying to meet a astronaut then that's rare πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ but life is about meeting new people and growing if you can't find someone in your town or city meet someone online it adds to the mystery and helps open a door to new possibilities. Yes that sounds corny and almost exactly off a dating commercial but it genuinely helps. πŸ’―

• So DO

• Focus on you job, career, get a pet. That right man will come around one day. Until then get yourself ready by getting yourself together.

• Time heals all.

• Hey don't feel bad I'm Single at age 49 soon to be age 50.

• Don't get aroused by standars, most of them are not happy, enjoy being single as much as you can, pro tip: stop going to church and missbehave

• Embrace the single life, it's awsome on this side of the fence you just Nedd to use it right

• Need*
      I need to cut my nails lol

• well I am actually single without dates

• Do you want to go on dates?

• Just roll with the punches. And try and keep in shape. Im 37 and single but i know the right girl is out there somewhere

• Find groups to hang out with that share common interests. That doesn't mean clubs or bars

• Let's talk about techniques. What are you doing now to be found?

• Learn to figureskate, them bitches got husbands 4 dayz!

• You are not alone

• Jst go out n have sex with stranger with no strings attached

• I stopped thinking about

• Go on dating websites and just talk to people on there and one day you will find a husband.

• Spread your legs, that should help

• Does your church have a young adults group?

• I feel the same way, maybe I should start going to church and meet someone like you, I’m not having luck either so I keep trying dating apps but it’s not working so I just busy myself or do a tv marathon

• Im single too and have feeling that i will be single whole life cuz too scared to approach girls, but there is also good sides of being single :P

• Meh I don't know

• try being almost 29, and still single. when you're an only child and male, and basically expected to have at least 1 kid

• i feel you

• I feel like the Grinch when I see happy couples... humbug... but I do have a freind who is married and I dont even her marriage because I hung out with her and her husband twice and they argue a lot and its pain being a round them because of it. But they do long distance before they got married so maybe they didn't really get a chance to get to know each other.

• yikes

What Girls Said 1

• Remember that there is someone out there looking for you and wants to make you happy.
    shit that sounded creepy