He has only hinted playfully at us meeting
Most Helpful Opinions
Many nice guys are shy who feel like they don't want to be dominant or fear being rejected. They may also simply feel like they aren't ready to go out on a date either because they are too busy with other things or they fear a date might fail and lead to further romantic connection.
I would advise if you keep in contact with a guy and don't get asked out within a week, you should try to ask him out. You could also be playfully arrogant and ask him why he hasn't asked you out yet, since it could help boost his self-esteem. :)10
He is just not that into you. First mistake was texting him daily. I’d recommend completely cutting off the texts with him until he responds with, ‘I’m not sure if you’re busy but I was hoping we could do…’.. ( something like that) Otherwise you’re just entertaining a guy who will not ask you out.1
What Girls & Guys Said
You're right he could be afraid of rejection. I myself don't even try to attempt stuffs like that. But I'll say if he takes longer than u expect, you should make a move first.7
He don't care and bored.1
To be honest. Just ask him out1
It's possible that the guy you've been texting with may be interested in getting to know you better, but may be hesitant to ask you out for a variety of reasons. Here are a few things you could consider:
1. He may be shy or inexperienced: It's possible that the guy you've been texting with may be unsure about how to ask you out or may be nervous about the idea of meeting in person. If you're interested in meeting him, you could try to make it easier for him by suggesting a specific date or activity.
2. He may not be ready for a relationship: It's possible that the guy you've been texting with may not be looking for a serious relationship or may be hesitant to commit to anything right now. If you're looking for something more serious, it may be helpful to have an open and honest conversation with him about your goals and expectations.
3. He may be busy or have other priorities: It's possible that the guy you've been texting with may simply be busy with work, school, or other obligations. If you're interested in meeting him, you could try to find a time that works for both of you and suggest a specific date or activity.
Ultimately, the best way to find out if he's interested in meeting in person is to ask him directly. Try to approach the conversation in a non-confrontational way, and simply express your interest in meeting him and see how he responds. Remember to prioritize your own well-being and to make decisions that are in your best interests.
If you're interested in meeting the guy you've been texting with and want to know if he feels the same way, here are a few things you could consider saying:
- "Hey, I've really enjoyed our conversations over the past few weeks and was wondering if you'd be interested in meeting up in person sometime soon?"
- "I've been thinking about getting together in person and was wondering if you'd be up for grabbing coffee or going for a walk together?"
- "I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person and was wondering if we could set a date for sometime this week or next?"
Remember to approach the conversation in a non-confrontational way and be open to his response. If he's interested in meeting, try to work together to find a time and activity that works for both of you. If he's not interested, try not to take it personally and remember that there are plenty of other people out there who may be a better match for you.
He hinted again us hanging out. I told him that I used to play basketball. Then he said. “ maybe we should one day play basketball one on one and see who will win”
But that’s playfully said and J don’t know if he really means that. Also I want to meet him for coffee/ dinner and not like that lol