G@G Needs a DOWNVOTE button!

Catalie

G@G Needs a DOWNVOTE button!

There is a debate going on about G@G bringing adding the downvote button. I feel that it is definitely necessary. Here's why.

OFFENSIVE OPINIONS

If someone writes something offensive, rude, racist, or sexist, there is only an option to give it a thumbs up. Sure, you could reply and say that it's rude and you can report it, but the quickest way to let everyone else know that it is offensive without reading it is to give it a thumbs down. An overwhelming amount of thumbs down can automatically report the opinion.

DISAGREEMENTS

We don't always want to reply to an opinion. A simple way to show that you disagree is to click the thumbs down button. It's easy and ANONYMOUS.

OTHER REASONS

G@G is literally a site filled with OPINIONS. Giving something a thumbs up is a way to express your opinion if you like what someone wrote/said, but how can you express your opinion in the same way if you don't like what someone said? A downvote button. IT'S THAT EASY. So I really hope that G@G brings back the downvote button... and soon.

G@G Needs a DOWNVOTE button!
23
11
11Girl Opinion
23Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Frost_Byt3
    100% support this. I mostly want the downvote back, because when I'm bored, and there no more questions to answer, i go back and look at my previous opinions for that day, to see how many people agreed/disagreed with my opinions. Ever since they took it away, i can only see whether or not people agreed with me. I get no feedback on whether or not people DISagreed with me.

I want to know what people think of my opinions, whether its positive or negative; G@G took that away, promised to bring it back, and never followed through.

Also, as you touched on this under your "DISAGREEMENTS" section, downvotes allow you to anonymously disagree with someone. It got me thinking, and i think it would be a good idea for them to add the option to comment on an opinion anonymously.

Just think about how many people were ABOUT to comment on your opinion, but decided not to because they didn't want you to know who they were. If they added this, people would be getting SOOOOOO many more responses to their opinions, and therefore more feedback.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• rgb008
    OH
    MY
    GOD

when will gagers shut up about down votes... 🙄
    Like 9 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1022
  • CHARismatic110
    I personally hope they never bring it back.
    Like 3 People
    • What a hippie!

• @Maxemeister shut it Maxipad!

• Oh, I bet you wish you could down vote my reply! Or opinion!

• hazoplmeught
    I dont understand how GAG lies to us time and time again.
    IF YOU CAN UPVOTE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DOWNVOTE ITS NATURE
    ITS THE LAW OF OPPOSITES, TWO POLES ON A MAGNET
    STINK/SMELL GOOD
    SMILE/FROWN
    BIG/SMALL

STOP BEING SOFT @GAG
    Like 2 People
  • Chief16
    Downvote is so meh, its only gonna increase more Trolls on this site. People don't seem to understand that. I mean honestly it hasn't been that bad. Only people with a collective mentality need the option.
    Like 7 People
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    I never really used the upvote or downvote button unless to give people an Xper point on my question. Do the trolls or the people looking for a fight pay attention to the downvote, half of me thinks they are probably looking for it.
    Like 1 Person
  • 9mfeo
    They said they were going to bring it back like almost as soon as it was taken away.

I'm still waiting.

media0.giphy.com/media/Emg9qPKR5hquI/giphy.gif
  • serious
    No, in my opinion there is no need for a downvote button. I really don't see the significance of that button, if you want to disagree with a person then you can just tell that person upfront, as long as you are not breaking any guidelines/rules or this site, you can disagree with anyone.

I suppose the downvote button was removed for a reason.
  • Yumix
    without even reading this.,

I don't like the downvote button, but many want it back and they PROMISED to do so... weeks ago. Still waiting for it feels like they try to sit it out
    Like 5 People
  • aliceinwonderland69
    I worry people will abuse the down vote like they abuse the block.
    Like 1 Person
  • AleDeEurope
    GAG needs less pussies.

What's the point of a site who's whole purpose is the exchange of opinions, and debating with each other, when you're just gonna hit dislike every time you disagree?
    Like 1 Person
  • genericname85
    in my opinion just disliking something is destructive. if you disagree, at least bring your arguments for it to the table. agreeing doesn´t need further explanation, thus the like button is fine. offensive opinions should be flagged anyway.
  • heavensgift2girls
    A down vote option is nothing more than a trolling tool because of the fact they get to remain anonymous. If they couldn't down vote while anonymous then, the same people, or rather trolls, bitching about the down vote option being gone would be the same ones bitching about not being able to be anonymous while doing it.

If you have a problem with something they said, then just leave a response. Getting rid of the down vote option is one of the few changes they have made on the site I actually agree with.
    Like 2 People
  • sparkly-crystal
    Trolls are looking for downvotes and if someone strongly disagrees with something I believe in I would be more than happy to debate that person.
    Like 1 Person
  • Decoyyy
    back with th old gag ;w;
    anyway I think they should have it like Reddit, 1 like = + 1 and 1 down vote = - 1, the number you start with is 1
    Like 1 Person
  • SensualScribe
    Yes! I hardly use it, but just now I saw an opinion that was super rude and wish that down vote button was there.
  • the_rake
    actually nah, if you have a disagreement you should voice it. otherwise report is fine for the really offensive stuff.
    Like 1 Person
  • JCT666
    To be honest, I don't really care about it since I had never used the downvote feature that much. But I sure did like collecting them. 😂

I think people really care too much about this.
  • YourFutureEx
    It's confirmed that it'll be back.
    Like 2 People
  • apple24
    G@G DOESN'T NEED A DOWNVOTE!! !
    Like 4 People
    • Catalie

YES IT DOES LOL WE NEED TO EXPRESS OUR OPINONS THROUGH DOWNVOTING

• apple24

NEVER! GAG NEEDS TO SHUT UP AND DRIVE! NO DOWNVOTE! KEEP THE PEACE!

• apple24

NO DOWNVOTES NO DOWNVOTES!!! NO! WHAT WE WANT? NO DOWNVOTE! NO DOWNVOTES!

• WhatTheHellAmy
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
    Like 2 People
  • Lendino
    Agreed! The downvote button is totally necessary!
    Like 1 Person
  • Show More (12)