GAG Answers: How Do I Get GAG To Notice Me?

Hello Gaggers!

A lot of you have asked some really good questions about the GAG community, and we'd love to help answer some of them and maybe give you a little more insight on how you can use the site, get noticed with more responses to your questions/mytakes, and interact with the community in a meaningful way.

How do I get GaG to notice me?

1. My question got selected as "great," but what does that actually mean?

Questions that are selected as "Great" are posts that we believe are interesting, unique, or really engaging for our community. You can earn an extra 4 Xper points if your question is selected as Great. These posts are displayed on our homepage and can even be distributed outside of the site to our social media pages too!

*More info on great questions: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#213

*More Info on gaining xper points: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper#57

2. I've been posting questions like crazy and none of them ever seem to be selected as great---what's up with that?

First things first, we look for questions with good titles and correct grammar. Asking questions like, "what do you think about this" or "how kewl is dis grt car" most likely won't be featured because of the grammar or they don't actually give the community any automatic information on your question as they scroll through their feed. Asking a question like, "what do you think about girls asking guys out on a date," is much more engaging and more likely to be selected.

A great question will also appeal to the majority of the community. Asking "what do you think about my boyfriend Randall" is difficult for the community at large to answer because they don't actually know him vs. something like, "what qualities do you look for in a significant other," or "what's your greatest accomplishment in life?"

You guys ask tons of questions per day and the good news is we select tons of great questions per day, so if you didn't get noticed one day, you may be on the next!

3. I didn't get a lot of response to the questions I posted? Why is that?

Be sure when you post your questions, that you are posting to the right topics. If you're asking the community about a perfect wedding proposal, but you put it in the Health/Fitness topic, people going there might have little interest in answering your question rather then had you put it in the Marriage/Wedding topic. You may notice we sometimes move questions to appropriate topics for that very reason---we want to help you get more responses!

4. So how can I actually get more opinions on my questions/mytakes? Does adding a photo or photos to my questions/mytakes actually help?

We've talked about a couple of ways above---post in the right topic, ask broader questions, etc, but there is also a visual component to a lot of the questions that get more views. Adding images, gifs, and videos help your questions to stand out in a crowd. Posting a mytake, question, or poll featuring a good image or images that are clear, relate to the topic, do not involve things like obscenities/nudity/or otherwise offensive imagery, will get more eyes onto your questions/takes and more likely more opinions.

"Use Visuals"

You may have noticed that we sometimes will add an image to your question. We are trying to help you get more views/opinions. We will never change images that you have posted in the posts themselves, but we do sometimes change the featured image. Why? Sometimes your image doesn't fit our formatting, or features copyrighted imagery, is blurry/not clear, or is off topic.

*How to get more opinions: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#8

*How do I add imagery/media: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#17

5. What about mytakes? How do those get featured?

Much like questions, we look for engaging titles, topics, and images. We also look to see if you avoided the "dreaded wall of text." These are takes that are often big long blocks of nothing but text which users tend to tune out on quickly. We want to hear your difference of opinion, we want to hear what you're passionate about, and if users can offer their insight, they'd love to address your topics/questions too.

*Posting mytakes: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#170

*Promoted/featured mytakes: https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#169

What's Next?

How can GAG best work for you? Continue to ask and post your great questions/takes/and opinions. We're listening to your feedback, trying to improve on your experience, and making changes for the future, so watch out!

For now, we want to hear from you about our Topics. Do we need more, less, should we combine some of them? Check out our poll and let your voice be heard!

Do you think GAG should combine these topics?

1333
BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• It means nothing if questions don’t get featured. GirlAskGuys: if you’re a girl asking for guys’ advice or a guy asking for girl’s advice, it likely won’t get featured, and will likely just fall through the cracks, and if there isn’t a picture, it will more than likely fall through the cracks after just a couple answers. This website is generally a chaotic mess of randomness, and if a moderator doesn’t see your question (as thought-provoking and well written as it is), they probably never saw it (since questions tend fall into the quicksand often minutes after they’re asked)

The questions that seem to get a lot of answers are usually no deeper than “help! I’m falling for my friends with benefits”, or the asker is either intentionally (trolling) or unintentionally being a complete tool and lacks common sense, and triggers responses. Or the question anger is asking cleverly worded questions with an obvious “right” answer, and people see through it and call them on it.

• “Question asker”, not “question anger”: auto-correct

• I know you don't promote them but it is those type of questions that seem to get the most notice. I guess anything with sex gets notice. If you put a clean question on you get very few answers.

• Since people read from left to right, the way that the windows are staggered makes it look chaotic. An idea is to display the homepage as a grid, with borders around all the posts, so it doesn't all blend in. Or stagger it side-to-side, like a brick wall, so we can scan left-to-right without having to pinball our eyes around to read it.

And for the feed, it should have smaller font and be more minimalistic, so we can see more posts on our screens.

• I would believe this post more if I hadn't seen first hand where I have posted topics or questions only to receive minimal to moderate response but never selected as great pr even featured. Only to then a week or two later have someone else steal my idea, practically verbatim and they did get featured and had dozen upon dozens of responses.

This is the main reason I've decided to rarely post anything on G@G, only respond to others. Because why the absolutely hell should I bother putting in the work on G@G only to have someone else steal my content and rise up through the ranks in my place. F that!

• Did you report those thieves to an admin? I think they will do something about it if it's copied practically verbatim.

• I'm so sorry you feel that way. We have a lot of users, and sometimes great minds think alike. Sometimes what you feel is stealing is just honestly someone who had a similar thought to you and did not actually see the question you posted. There are a lot of people who have and want the same questions answered, and ask the same or similar questions. I hate that this would make you feel like you no longer wanted to post any more questions, and I would encourage you not to feel discouraged by something that may have been a coincidence.

• @BeeNee

Let's be fair guys - the front page is 90% made up of questions posted by Editors or Influencers. And most people don't go by topic.

If you want to truly make this a meritocracy, get rid of editors and influencers. It makes no sense to have them. There is no guarantee that they post quality questions and takes, on the other hand they take away the opportunity from others to post interesting things.

Most Helpful Girls

• GaG has not only promoted but also featured nearly (or maybe even all) of my MyTakes, but I haven't gotten Editor. Y'all like my shit, but don't want me to be Editor huh? Interesting. The system is rigged lol
    @GirlsAskGuys I need answers!

• Editors write a lot of mytakes with consistent feedback/likes/opinions/views from users. If you've been consistently promoted, keep up the good work. The more you write, and the more users take notice, you will be on the march towards editor status.

• How about:
    Why are all the incest and rape questions allowed?

• When it comes to sensitive subjects like rape, someone can ask questions about the subject if the intention is not to glorify it. We do not allow questions glorifying incest in anyway. Our mods and other users frequently report these questions and they are removed and I would encourage you and other users to keep reporting so that we can do our best to make GAG a positive community.

• @BeeNee
      I had a question that in no way glorified incest, just asked the obvious question - why is it illegal, when it doesn't harm anyone?
      And it got taken down instantly, and I got banned for 2 days.

Meanwhile there are a shitton of incest related questions that are still up.

Is it too much to allow open dialogue about things?

• @Benedek38 exactly! The worst things stay.

Join the discussion

1131
  • Excellent advice for new users!

• Good advice

• "Asking a question like, "what do you think about girls asking guys out on a date," is much more engaging and more likely to be selected."

Except that question has been asked a thousand times.

Meanwhile here I am, asking often untriguing questions, and they never get featured or anything.

Let's just be honest with each other, guys.
    The szs

• The system is rigged.

Otherwise how come people like Wowgirl make up 90% of the front page, with boring questions?

• I am glad that you did this, many gaggers have been posting questions about this stuff for a while. I think doing some more of these GAG Answers would be fantastic! But I would also recommend getting other gaggers involved. Consider doing voting or raise up a topic for discussion that gag might consider adjusting for the site or taking into consideration. One thing that has been trending is adding new categories for questions that might be something worth addressing. Again thank you for doing this, this was very helpful!!!

• Thanks. We are looking into all of this. We have already done your last suggestion already as there is a link to a poll at the bottom of the take looking for user feedback.

• Frankly I find My Takes to be a waste of time posting. I just submitted one yesterday and it has gotten not a single opinion, yet it answers a lot of questions I see posted.

• I add memes to my questions and lately they're getting featured a lot😂😂😂😂

• One's Good Name that is Out there and Circulating A Long Time, Having Worked towards Master... Best from the Rest. xx

• I found the best way to get noticed by gag is getting your offensive comment reported. Lol! They notice.

• True that. Mods sit on their butts all day, but when you anger then, suddenly they come after you.

• Don't be politically correct. That'll DAMN SURE get you noticed! Get you flagged so fast you'll need a bulldozer full of meds to cope with your head spinning...

• Honestly I'm still pissed at a few mods who told me there ok with under age comments and kids speaking on adult content so to be noctied by gag no thanks I'm good

You wanna be noticed by this site the you need to think your life

• why do u crave so much attention
    just find urself a boyfriend :)

• Hi! How does it feel to be an admin of GaG? What do you like most about being an admin here? For how many years you have been using GaG?

• Since it's just about being noticed, just be a troll. You'll be noticed.

• Post dumb and/or controversial shit. You'll get noticed.

• You don't want gag to notice you. I've learned it's best to be a ninja on here. Attention leads to creepy stalkers with a crush.

• Nope. I used to care about that, even making mytakes. I don't anymore. The hell with GAG influencer and editor.

• Inb4 someone says 'Notice me GAG-Senpai' or some stupid sht like that.

• By being yourself. If you're worth noticing, you'll be noticed.

• Don't ask boring questions with too much description

• Follow all of the above, but be careful getting noticed isn't always good , be selective ……..

• Say “ hey boo” or something 😂idc just ask more questions

• Congratulations this question is featured. You have been noticed!

• I do not want gag to notice me

• Getting noticed on GaG is annoying.

• Flash your boobs.

• GAG is not Senpai.

• Tell it you love it

• It's GTR not GRT

• Good take.

• I'm pretty good at being blocked.

• Nope. That's all horseshit.

• I'm already GAG famous I don't have that problem

• I normally try to stay off of G@Gs radar.

• Date a mod

• Why would anyone wanna get noticed lol

• Always neat to see tips from GaG admins. :)

• Hey, thanks for the pointers.

• Thank you. I will get GAG to notice me

• Great

• Like who even cares?

• life is a GaG

• Thank you for these helpful tips