Sydney's Likes and Dislikes

Anonymous

I was challenged by @LexyIsSexy23 to write this mytake!

I Like:

Clouds and other weather related things

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

I'm part of an international cloud group that shares cloud photos and information with each other. It's fun to be part of a community of sky watchers. I've been taking pictures of clouds since I was really young, using disposable cameras. When I got my first cell phone, I started snapping shots everywhere I went. It's something my daughter enjoys too. She's quite the budding photographer.

Words and Expression

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

I chose to phrase it this way because I didn't want to just settle on one form of entertainment. Words: they can be lovely or they can be cruel-- they can make up songs or books, or declarations of ownership or betrayal.

Sports (not really on TV)

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

I love physical activity, especially when I use every bit of energy. I'm pretty decent at soccer and a really good swimmer. I wish I hadn't taken so much time off from them because it is extremely hard to get back in shape after you've gotten out of it! Kickboxing leaves me completely wasted of energy. I feel as though I'm going to have to crawl to leave. I also love going to sporting events-- hockey (especially), basketball, baseball! I even get to go to my students' football games. It's so exciting.

I Dislike:

Cinnamon

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

I hate it so much and it's in so many recipes. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've told people I have a cinnamon allergy... Oddly enough, I like the taste of artificial cinnamon such as Big Red gum or Red Hots candy.

Mascots

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

Mascots of any kind. They totally creep me out, especially because you never know who is underneath. Just looking at one gives me the heebie jeebies. My sister once handed my infant daughter to a mascot at a local hockey game. I was so angry!

Lack of Control

Sydneys Likes and Dislikes
Sydneys Likes and Dislikes

It drives me crazy and sometimes breaks my heart that I can't fix everything for everyone, especially some of the kids that I work with.
It's also incredibly frustrating that some of life (work, managing a household etc) is so planned and structured but it doesn't usually go that way!

Thanks for reading! I would love to read Likes and Dislikes from @VIVANT @AmandaYVR @StarGayle if they are interested!

Sydney's Likes and Dislikes
17
8

Most Helpful Girls

• midnightmoon05
    Thats nice to express your likes and dislikes.. shows you are human :) Good Take

I think, trying to fix maybe too stressful... and will get burn out.
    Here is the way I do it ea. day :) for all these years and still loving it!!

One of the best things about the job is being able to support the needs of the little ones, it brings so much joy and a sense of accomplisment. Ea day I am waking up, driving to wor, looking forward to another day of challenge... knowing I will make a diff. in their lives. a hug, a smile, their hands raised, a lightbulb goes off when they get the lesson... just makes me cry, when June comes around and they move on to the next grade :) because, prehaps we are their only stability... so when I can give that love, its so easy... So its important for me to give them that positive feedback where they will feel love and safe to come to school every day, that they matter, they are important and their life so worth it... and thats within our control.
    I think thats the best way to look at it.

Miss. S... I think you are soosossosooo lucky to have an amazing father be by your side to love you/your daughter and support you!!! My my!!! So many women out here and in real life are doing it all on their own with 2-3 kids!!!
    It does get to us at times... but must look at the positive in life.
    I was in a pretty stressful situtation last month and a few things with personal situation... being able to see it and work on it differently, is changing in a positive outcome... patients and understanding so that my own children can feel safe and loved. I shared with my ex. that we must grow WITH the kids. They are not disappointing us!
    Dislikes... clowns, horror movies, processed foods.. easy to stay away from these.. oh and lots of catty women at work lol...
    Likes... beautiful music, travel, flowers, nature, food, smiling, sharing, family... oh and driving :) and so much more... see the beauty in life.

Lack of control --- I think this is a huge mistake most women make... when one tries to control... you are in fact never in control... the best is to let go... you will feel free and better about yourself.
    Cheers
    Is this still revelant?
    • You sound like a wonderful teacher.

• Anonymous

Thank you, lovely!!! ❤

• Moonchild714
    Nice @SydneySentinel I agree about clouds and weather events, words, and sports for likes. I also Hate Mascots (notjing creepier than a grown adult hiding inside a costume all the time and Lack of Control is HORRIBLE!!!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Thank you!
      Yes, sooo creepy!!

• Thank you for MHO.

Most Helpful Guys

• lightbulb27
    That's one of the best takes to see deeper part of you, well done!
    I recently wondered how people who work with so much heartache every day, do it day to day... especially when often, those people have a big heart, empathy and can take on others negativity. The counselor explained to me she gives it over to God. In other words, she ends it with a positive note and pushes that energy back. To a degree, I guess it is having hope for that person into the future, rather than dwelling on their current emotion. I read in a book as well how intuitive healers do this, it's similiar... they push that energy back. maybe that help. That way you can give the fuller measure of your gift, without taking it home. I know it is not easy when you see so much of kids and what they have to endure.

Ever consider dating Japanese or foreign guy? Might be so limited due to location, all texans!

Enjoy those clouds... had no idea that existed. you'd enjoy ohio... we get tons of them:)
    Is this still revelant?
    • I just started kickboxing as aprt of diverse program, I'm same... I like lot of activity.
      Cinnamon... I love it... and vanilla... and chocolate...

Mascots... I agree, that BurgerKing dude is scary. clowns... scary! Guess you won't be going to disney anytime soon...

• Anonymous

You're so right about not dwelling on the current emotion and pushing that energy back. Thanks for that perspective!
      Japanese or foreign guy? What made you think of that, out of curiosity?

Funny, I dont really have interest in going to Disney. Probably Universal Studios for some Harry Potter!!

• I met someone who married a Japanese and I know someone else who married French.
      Just curious. Better chance to get someone with good character and values, when those are instilled in those societies. Maybe takes some of the concern out of picking a low quality person, and usually very driven to succeed. Not all of them are short.

• Creepazoid
    Nice mytake! Just like you with weather I like watching animals ( aquatic, land, and aerial ) watching the their behaviors, how they interact with one another, and seeing them in their natural environment is really relaxing for me - as a kid while others were watching cartoons I was far more interested in discovery channel and animal planet. You kick box? How long have you been doing it? I don't know why but I find it really attractive when a girl knows how to defend herself. P. S. kicks are my weakness- I couldnt get it down but my hands were really exceptional so I stuck to boxing (getting kicked by someone who knows how to can really stun me).

I dont mind cinnamon but I hate big red.
    Never did care for mascots.
    I really hate not being in control
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I wouldn't say that I kick box regularly-- that would be a stretch. But a couple times a year or more!
      That's awesome that you like those discovery and animal planet things. We watch a lot of that too and my daughter does David Attenborough impressions for out cats. Haha

Thanks for sharing!!

• Creepazoid

Thanks for MH!

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

615
  • opnbuk59
    That was very nice of you sharing that I mean it in curious if all the pictures of cloud you too you haven't seen anything unusual saucer shape just curious especially since you take so much pictures of clouds always looking up you know, it's too bad your allergies to Cinnamon it has many beneficial qualities that's good for our bodies thank you for sharing this, take care
    • Anonymous

There's one guy in the group that shares clouds that are interesting shapes. He'll even put an outline around it to show that it looks like a dragon or something.

• opnbuk59

Clouds deceive us no two person sees the same thing in its shape

• AndrewMG
    SydneySentinel Oh wow I would of chosen something similar to 5 out of 6 of your choices (my exception would of been Cinnamon -I'm a little bit indifferent when it comes to it lol-and Sally Cinnamon is a tune!). Give me a bit of time and I'll see what I come up with! lol
    • Anonymous

Ohhh really! Looking forward to it

• AndrewMG

Worringly it was the dislikes that really resonated with me, the lack of control and especially Mascots! I'd like to justify it by the fact that I'm very laid back so It takes a lot for me to dislike anything/anyone... so when I get offended with mascots we know they are wrong! ( I apologise but working at a football stadium in the past, I have a mascot story, it's not particularly interesting but hey when did I justify my stories with being interesting!) lol

• Bluemax
    I love clouds and meteorology. I think it's because I was brontophobic as a kid, so I wanted to study meteorology to know more about thunderstorms. One of my favorite gifts as a kid was a barometer, and I remember calling the control tower of the local municipal airport and asking for the barometric pressure to set it to. I checked out a book from the library, Eric Sloan's Weather Book... and I never returned it. I still have it to this day! The good news is not only am I no longer brontophobic, I enjoy a good thunderstorm. Strangely, my sister, who would often comfort me when I was scared of thunder as a child, is now brontophobic! Go figure!

I don't like some mascots, either, but for very different reasons. I got to meet Bailey, the mascot of the L. A. Kings. He's actually a pretty cool guy. I should say I got to meet one of the Baileys. There are actually several of them. I'm curious how you feel about Disney characters, the one's in costume. What are your thoughts on them? by the way, as a child, Santa Claus scared me, whenever I saw him in person.
  • Plitty-Tank
    I had a mascot question from my old account: Are you a Flyers fan? If not, who is your favorite team?

Which of these fast food mascots looks better and why?

Also, I hate lack of control too.
    • Anonymous

Wow I should have read more carefully that it was from your old account.
      Burger King is creepier!!

I like the Bruins and the Red Wings.

• theCobbler
    I LOVE Your Honesty & Candor, truly refreshing ... too many try to sugarcoat, I'm curious as to the cloud watching Society your in? I too am a " cloud chaser/ Sun -(rise&set) " fanatic !
    These people at my apartment complex, think I'm Plumb Loco, lol and maybe I Am !

WOULD You send me the. " MERAKI " pic, gif, thingy. . . Please? Or tell
    Me where to find it?

That is so , Me , I got to have it ! Please and thank you ? Dave , a. k. a. theCobbler 😎😊
  • ecfresh
    Go sports! I also don’t like feeling out of control.
  • COMMODOREII
    Wow i love knowing more about you. My sister loves taking pictures of clouds as well. That's amazing you love martial arts. I love it as well. 😃
  • Gsm24diecast
    That’s cool, I also take pictures of weather and interesting man made clouds ☁️ as well. Gotta love solar dimming/solar engineering.
    • opnbuk59

When are solar panels going to be more efficient 40 percent that's bad

• I don’t think you understand what I was saying, I’m talking about chemical Solar engineering.

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing your MyTake with us well appreciated
  • hopefulecynic
    That dislikes section was great. I was laughing when you said mascots. Perfect picture!
  • pizzalovershouse
    I like the big fury guy it reminds me of an old cartoon 😊👍
  • CaptainSmartass
    Very interesting. I can't believe there are people who don't like cinnamon, though.

Simples...
  • Deku2009
    You seem like a complex person
    • Anonymous

I'm quite ordinary, I have found.

• coolbreeze
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
  • DeeDeeDeVour
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.
  • NickiB1
    nice mytake. i like sports too
  • loveslongnails
    I like you. Ok, I'm done.
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take.
  • NightOwl8801
    Cool info
  • StarGayle
    Ok imma finally do this 😅 I'm so late
  • LexyIsSexy23
    Good job