The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS

HUMILITY

There are many definitions of humility, including being low, which is the root of the word it is derived from, but here is the definition that I like the most ...

"Humility is considered a state of being, highlighted by your behavior and approach to things. It's also considered one of the virtues of the human condition, along with kindness, patience, diligence, charity, temperance and chastity. Humility is often thought to occur in the absence of pride"

The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS

What is humility really and what does it have to do with kindness?

In order to understand humility, we must first examine its arch nemesis -Pride, as mentioned in the humility definition above.

Proverbs 16:18 says, "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.”

Ms CapricornHoney asked the question "Have You Ever Had A GAG Stalker?", and the first guy to answer said that by being on social media you deserve whatever you get!

It made me very sad to see such an answer ☹

Then my GAG friend Ms SnowMoon asked this great question…"Why do we as a planet struggle to be nice?" ...another great question! Thank you Ms @SnowMoon!

The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS

I have had so many attacks trying to separate me from my friends or run me off of GAG, some which have sadly lost me some friends, and some which have not because there are some friends, who are "real friends", who stick with you through thick and thin.

Yes, you may attract haters, even though you try hard in every way to be kind to everyone, which leads us into the next character quality...

KINDNESS

I want to dedicate this song to my great GAG friend that I have had more laughs with than anyone else on GAG so far and has stuck with me in spite of my detractors.

Ms @Brainsbeforebeauty - more affectionately known to me as Ms BBB, has both attributes that I am describing here, and that Mr Tim sings about, in unlimited abundance!

Now listen to Mr Tim's incredible country western style song about being humble and kind, just as Ms BBB is ...it is AWESOME!

What is Kindness?

"Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Affection, gentleness, warmth, concern, and care are words that are associated with kindness. While kindness has a connotation of meaning someone is naive or weak, that is not the case. Being kind often requires great courage and strength."

Snoop Dog says, “Be Different – Be Nice” ...but why is he saying that being nice is being different? ...SERIOUSLY? ...Isn’t it sad that being nice would be considered something odd? …LIKE ...REALLY? ...IT IS?

The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS

...so being nice is actually the exception in today's world and not the rule? ...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

What could be a sadder state of affairs when being mean and rude to others is considered the norm? ... GOD TO EARTHLINGS ..."What are you thinking?"

iSo, you must be different, a one-off, to be nice? ...is that the place social media, and the world around us, has brought us to?

Well then, I do agree with Mr Snoop …listen to his song about being nice ...YOU WILL LOVE IT! …I PROMISE!

Please be nice, and not just to those that you judge to deserve it, but surprise someone who you think doesn't deserve it ...let's try to make our world one that everybody feels like being nice in ...IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH?

The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS

...Now have a great day and ...PLEASE BE NICE! ...OK? ...lol

The Magic of HUMILITY and KINDNESS
14
4

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww thank you for your kind words and compliment. And I think you're awesome. And I couldn't agree more. I think it's gotten better, but when I first joined GaG, feel like more people tried to come at me for nice posts than people with posts bashing and hating on people. But think they got bored because the more rude, I'd just say 'thank you sir have nice day 😊,"
    Or just "ok well thanks for replying'
    I feel it's gotten somewhat better. There is a lot of kind people on GaG with a few asshats sprinkled in the mix 😁 another awesome mytake Laurie! Stay awesome, stay safe♥️
    Is this still revelant?
    • You're welcome and so true!

... for me I think most of the 'bad apples' I have blocked, so now only the good ones remain :)

• I've only blocked two people. It shouldn't have to come with that. Say what you have to, but keep it somewhat respectful. Lol

• Thanks for mho ♥️♥️🤗🤗

Most Helpful Guy

• Tunasub
    Ms. Luvsit,
    You seem to have written your take with humility and kindness to help with feeling what is being read. I thank you for sharing this and I have a great appreciation for who you are as a person. You get it, you aren't afraid to show that you care. You give me faith that there are good people in the world. You are a blessing 🙏.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Wow... you are too sweet Mr TS, thank you so much for also having a big heart and caring about others!

• Tunasub

Thank you. I just call it like I see it.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

313
  • Good take, we need more of that in our culture... humility is big part of the "east" but not the west. Kind... that's family and personality.

Be honest, do you go for humble guys? The challenge is humble looks weak... not very manly. I suspect most women say yes, but most in reality... are not.
    • Yes, humility is a must.

Humility and weakness have no connections with one another. Some world champion MMA fighters are the most humble people on the planet... weak? ... I don't think so... lol

• tbh I think men look more weak/ insecure when they desperately try to cling to the slightest scrap of praise. A man who can share accolades and give respect to those who paved the way for his success... is gonna look more secure in himself than the guy chasing clout and trying to make himself look great and ignore the people who helped him get where he is.

• Fair enough:)

• SomeGuyCalledTom
    I don't really see as niceness and humility as being mutually inclusive.

Humility I see as more to do with how someone handles both success and failure. Do they become arrogant in success and bitter in failure? Or do they share the credit when they succeed and take responsibility when they fail?

Kindness I see as more of an outwards-facing behaviour trait-- it's the standard of treatment we reserve for those around us...

Helping an old lady cross the road?-- Nice.

Pushing an old lady down in the street?-- Nasty.

Watching an old lady struggle to carry her groceries up a flight of stairs, but doing nothing to intervene?-- Well, it's not technically nasty, but it sure as shit ain't nice.

Most mature adults would consider it dishonourable to watch her struggle from a distance and not offer a hand. Yet that's exactly what many would do. Because our culture is all about "me myself and I", and virtues like honour, patience, and charity have largely fallen by the wayside.

Yet at the same time we can get likes on facebook and Instagram by putting out the APPEARANCE of kindness and integrity. So we help that old lady when the cameras are rolling, but when nobody else is watching we leave her to deal with her own problem.

The ideal is that the individual ought practise both humility and kindess, because then it becomes a self-reinforcing feedback loop of positive outcomes. The acts of kindness engender good feelings from people around us, but we remain humble and don't let those good feelings become a substitute for future good deeds.
  • kangy
    it isn't difficult to be nice
    if one's mood is down on that day, just find a littler corner and stay there and dont vent it on others.
  • clampfan101
    I have always tried to do both, and just about always succeed.
  • lasertag
    Look what jesus did for us let's follow his example. If we treat people like we want treated this world would be better. Do at least 10 good deeds a day it could change somebodies life.
  • Dchrls78104
    Jesus Christ was humble and kind... if more people were like him we'd have much fewer problems in today's world. Good take.
  • nella965
    kindness is something that you are born with. you cannot force it upon someone, especially adults
  • Aakash_Hangargi
    There's nothing more to way you summed it all thank you for this piece🤸‍♂️🎉
  • COMMODOREII
    I disagree that people are not nice or unkind due to social media or any modern technology. We have all just fallen back into our old ways. You say Snoop Dog and Tim McGraw are encouraging everyone to be kind and that it is different but if you think about it that is the same message that Jesus Christ taught us over 2000 yes ago. I am not here to preach but to think about it logically and in a scientific mind. In a way it just means that over 2000 years ago the human race have been unkind and it took one man to tell us to be kind and love one another. This is just person. I haven't even mentioned any other religious or not who have taught the same lessons of kindness. The dahli lama for example. Isn't it crazy how we all keep falling back into the gutter of hate and unkindness and takes these people to remind us what we should be doing?
    • In some neighborhoods to much humility and kindness will get you killed

• Meropatrick
    Sorry to tell you but this is not how the world works.
    • And we wonder why the world has the problems it does these days?

• Jupiter1
    This is perfect!
    This is perfect!
  • SnowMoon
    Thank you for the mention chick <3 xx
  • Lliam
    <3 <3 <3, Laurielovesit.
  • TCredo
    Great My Take - and a wonderful message! :)
  • Plitty-Tank
    Yes. It pays to be nice to others.
  • LEADFOOTboi
    i'm Humble asf, nigga...