The Reasons Why I Don’t Ever Want To Be A Father

Ok, so I have grown up a great deal, and one thing has remained the same, I don’t ever want to be a father, Yes I know all girls will eventually want a child, that is an inescapable fact, no I have no intent on getting a vasectomy, and last I checked my penis is so big even the largest condoms did not fit, thus I don’t bother with condoms.

Here are my reasons:

1. They are money drainers.

No I’m not joking, you know that $100 You were intending to use to buy that one item you had been desperately wanting that costs $100, well with a kid, that item, that $100, kiss those goodbye because you kid wanted a new toy and was willing to throw a tantrum until you got him that toy, those school fees, college fees, those times whenever money was involved, most of it was chewed up on your child, I for one am not going to spend money on a child when I could spend it on myself or my partner.

2. 20-25 years elapse before they move out.

If you are 25, then you will be 50 by the time your kid has moved out, thats like 25 years of pain, suffering, complaining, nagging, negativity, etc, why spend 25 years dealing with that when you can spend those 25 years making you and/or your partner happy.

3. Teaching right from wrong, good from bad, etc.

I personally am a horrid teacher, for an example, I could teach you how to play a video game, but one minute I’m teaching you the basics, then the next minute, I’m already shooting so much advanced information its like going from 0-100 in 0.1 seconds, not to mention, knowing me I would probably set the wrong thoughts in, Traits would be right as I live by good traits so traits would not be wrongly taught but ideologies would send the wrong message to a developing brain, overall I’m a terrible teacher.

4. Discipline

In my country using a belt as a form of discipline is illegal, however I was raised with my father using a leather belt as a means of conveying discipline(back then it wasn't illegal, now it is), so I would use the same medium, a leather belt, around the ass, to convey to my child when he has done something really wrong it’s not right, Call it abuse, I don’t care, My dad used it, and as much as I hated it myself, at least it was effective.

5. Rebellious teenagers

We all go through that “I’ll do whatever the fuck I want” time in our teen lives, and that for me is not a phase I wanna have to experience from first or third person.

6. Responsibilities

I got enough responsibilities as it is, and I don’t need like 100 more.

7. Law requires they have to go to school

When I went to school, I got bullied a lot, and I will not let any child of mine go through the same, horrific, traumatising experience, Because it’s one thing to bully, it’s another to be bullied, this I can draw straight from my own experience.

Overall I don’t ever want to have kids, and while I won't run if i end up with one, I’m not interested in raising one either.

1016

Most Helpful Girls

• A XL condom is 2.25 by 8.1 inches... get over yourself. And dont try and say your dick is 15 inches long lots of other guys... by the way the world record is 13.5 inches. So maybe you should try and take responsibility for the risk of getting a girl pregnant or man up.

• you noticed that too huh...

• Mine is close on 10”(technically 9. something, i forgotten the other two numbers)

• "last I checked my penis is so big even the largest condoms did not fit"

• Hahaha exactly my thought

• You try puttin on one getting around yo entire genetalia without somepart of it busting open before you had even started.

• @DakotaNorth Ahem, you refering to the condom challege, where one fills a Condom with water, and drops it on your head, misuse of a condom.

Most Helpful Guys

• 1. Money comes and goes.
    2. If your kid doesn't move out after 25, just ask him to rant if he wants to stay and to get a job...
    3. If you want to be able to be a good teacher, you just need patience, love, respect, understanding and time, and if you want to get those qualities, maybe you could go work with kids for some times before.
    4. Life isn't easy, so don't expect to have an easy time teaching him discipline, but just just try to imagine his feelings, be there for him, even hold him in place with a huge until he calms down (but I warn you, it could take some time...), have patience, try to be a smart father, not an always right one.)
    5. When he becomes rebellious, stand your ground, be strong, but also try to be patient even if he pisses off and act like a kidgangster, be accepting, be there for him and let him know you are, don't be afraid to talk with him about deep topics and also try to make fun out of awkward topics and laugh with him, love him and show him respect but also show him and let him know when he crosses a line and calm him down, be a grown up...
    6. We all got responsibilities, take it like a challenge, enjoy it, try to enjoy being the badass old father, I'm actually waiting for that lolz...
    7. School's shit, yes it is, and we all go through fucked up stuff there and I don't underestimate what you've been through, but those moments teach us things and you'd have to find a good place for him... but that's already another story...
    So life is shit hard, yeah, but what is the point of life if not not go through it?
    That's the reason I'll probably never think of commiting suicide, because if I would I'd just lose a hell lot of time that would just be waisted and I'd think of myself as a coward...
    Suicide just isn't worth it...

• So yeah, it's your choice, and I respect it, but I believe you should consider it...

• That is your choice and i respect that but i still wanna have children. I don't like babies tho but i think it would be worth it. This is why i don't make babies without enough money for child support. I'm from a third world country and i see poor families with kids a lot. Most parent here feel the satisfaction of racing a kid. i have seen many depressed kids in usa some of them talk to me about the truth and they rarely even open up and i understood them. Parents there are just more insensitive compared to parents here.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• That really sucks for you then, because if you don’t plan on getting a vasectomy, and “don’t bother with condoms” because your dick’s soooo big (even though most people could probably fit their entire forearm in a condom), you’re almost guaranteed to wind up with kids you don’t want.

• Except if he's not penetrating his wife or is gay.

• @curiousnorway Ok, I’m not gay, I would rather spend 15 years in a jail cell starving to death before doing anything homosexual.

• How do you avoid getting women pregnant then if you wants to be child free?

• The thing I appreciate most is people who feel they can’t/don’t want to be a parent don’t have children. All of your reasons are totally valid, and even if they werent you don’t need to justify your choice to not have kids.

So just wrap some cling film around your dick and you’re good to go ✊🏻

• Cling wrap doesn't work. LGBT and health departments give out condoms free in my country. Canada.

• @DakotaNorth 🤨 it’s called sarcasm. Condoms fit an entire forearm, there isn’t a penis alive that can’t find one to fit except for thunder cock here

• Some seem to take sarcasm for real, although the general intelligence on GaG seems several times higher than on Quora. It's stupid question central.

• So you don't want kids but you don't take the responsability of preventing them?

• Getting a vasectomy is not that big a deal. And it only has to be done once.

• @DakotaNorth And also means you loose something you were born with.

• A guy technically loses nothing but the ability to get a girl pregnant. Isn't that what he wants?

• I need to say, with number 7. They have compulsory education, they don't have to go to school, just have to be teached the lessons and then just take finals in a large building. And lastly, who is going to take care of you when you grow old? It's your own decision to not have kids, and I understand your point of view. But by telling us here says you might think differently or want to reconsider somehowe

• I love children and I'm so delighted to be a mother. My wonderful daughter is 18.

• Good take

• Be father is a responsibility

• But look at them they are so cutiiiee 🐣

What Guys Said 14

• I don't want kids either and have written a MyTake myself with the same reasons as you plus some more reasons I've. Welcome to the child free zone!
    Why I Don't Want Kids ↗

• It's hilarious people gets so upset for me not wanting to have children. It's like not having children is seen as a crime by some.

• 1. They are money drainers.
    Yes, this is true.

While you could be 50 when they are 25 when they move out, that doesn't mean it has to be that way. Technically, a person is legally an adult at 18. So, if you parent the kid correctly/properly, you won't have to worry about them living with you that long. Encourage them to move out at 18 (if you're ready for that).

Well, not everyone is a good teacher. There's a LOT of proof of that.

4. Discipline
    Use the most appropriate and effective type of discipline. As long as the kid learns from it without harming too excessively, then you've done your job.

5. Rebellious teenagers
    You better thank your parents for putting up with your era of it.

6. Responsibilities
    Glad you understand your priorities.

While I do agree that schools still have issues with bullying, that doesn't mean that your child has to endure it as bad as you did - especially if you know how to deal with it now. These days, kids can be homeschooled more often. Schooling is still necessary for kids to become productive members of society. That's why it's a law for kids to go to school.

I get it. Not everyone is built to be parents. It takes a LOT to be parents - especially these days when others fail with their kids. I'm glad you won't run from your responsibilities. You may not like the fact that you have a child. But once you have one, it's your responsibility to take care of it and raise it.

• It is more about the woman being a Manchurian Candidate and sticking it up my ass legally/financially in that 20-25 years. And there are no condoms made that fit me but I put my money where my mouth is and got a vasectomy.

• Yeah brother that’s exactly why I have none.

3 more I’ll add to your list are:

8. Possibility of 18 years of child support.
    9. Will be used a weapon against you by a bitch of a woman.
    10. It’s hard enough taking care of myself and my cat. Do I need more responsibility in this crazy world?

• Same here man 🙏 And having your woman give birth costs like $10,000 alone. Couldn't believe it the first time I heard that. #Childfree is the life.

• Lmmfao dude gtfoh unless your dick is bigger than your arm or leg yeah it will fit just be honest you don't like to use them and it's cool if you don't want kids but don't expect any woman who has them to ever take you serious

• I'd respect this more if you posted as yourself... consider that next time, especially if you are gonna make a "big dick" quip.
    But i totally see your point, especially point number one... baby shit is sooo expensive now and priced that way because the companies know you HAVE to buy it. and then 3 months later, the growing baby outgrows it and you have to get more.
    the rest of your points... those are iffy, im a great teacher, i learned that... and im hoping if i have kids i would have trained them well enough (probably using that belt) that they would not DARE rebel as teenagers.

The worst part of being a father, not just parent, mothers are free to do whatever... the worst part of being a father is just how society views you. Especially if you have a daughter.

• Well it’s ur choice. I’d like to have kids but only with the right partner and I’m not so sure that I’ll find her xD

• Ok, I think kids are great but if you don't want to be a dad then don't.

• Yeah and if you break-up with someone you will be hit with huge child support payments too.

• Fortunately in Australia, that does not happen

• but what about the good thing never meet someone how had a child and it made there life worse

• Awww. That's a cute baby at the beginning.

• I agree

• Upon seeing this huge blogpost, I entirely averted gazing at any of the words in the title and thought, "Then wither into dust and nothingness."

Cheers.