FOREVER MAN... My tribute to the "REAL MEN" of GAG!

A "REAL MAN" will not only be celebrated on International Men's Day, but with every day that passes!

Today I want to dedicate this tribute to the "REAL MEN" of GAG and the "REAL MEN" all around the world!

It is so important that you watch the 4 music videos that I have embedded into this myTake if you at all can. Without it, you may never get the emotional essence of what it is I am really trying to say.

Thus, you could depart this myTake confused, and possibly even miss my bigger point altogether. The most important video being the last one.

And don't forget to click on the little box at the bottom right of each video to enlarge it.

What I so love about a "REAL MAN" ...ok, get ready, because here it is!

NO TWO MEN ARE THE SAME

Diversity is the spice of life, we all have unique features and aspects to us that make us different from everyone else.

What is it about you that is different and makes you stand out above all others?

I love a man who is unique unto himself and like no one else on earth!

Are you a man that is not afraid to be a man? ...or have the radical feminists frightened you away?

Listen to CHICAGO as they fearlessly tell you what they are ...oh, and turn up the volume ...

Are you the man of your girl's dreams?

Can you be the keeper of that dream?

Glenn Hughes sings about being one guy who is and who can. He sings, "I'M THE MAN"! ...Are you? ...

FOREVER MAN... My tribute to the

And what about your girl? ...Can you Love Her Like A Man? ...Well? ...Can you? ...She wants you too! ...

A "REAL MAN" IS CHIVALROUS …YES! ...I SAID IT!!

Yes, I've read all the negative ne'er-do-well comments about how it’s old school and no longer relevant, blah blah blah. Well, let me tell you this …a man whose wife and children are being attacked and will not fight to save them is not the “REAL MAN” that I am speaking of …SORRY!

A real man will fight to the death to protect what is his - that which God has given him!

A "REAL MAN" is not lacking in any of these …RESPECT, HONOR and TRUST

A “REAL MAN” will have respect for himself first, as only then can he respect those around him that are worthy of his respect, and with it he brings his own honor and trust to the table.

Finally, a "REAL MAN" will never cheat on his girl, NEVER EVER ...HELLO? ...IS ANYONE LISTENING?!

The real men reading this now, know what I am talking about.

Finally, what is the next step if you are a "REAL MAN"? ...Here it is ...you want her to be your "FOREVER WOMAN" ...And there's only one way to make that happen ...listen again, I said ONE WAY -

...You have to be her "FOREVER MAN"!

Are you really her ..."FOREVER MAN?!" ...

FOREVER MAN... My tribute to the

To you, the "REAL MAN", thank you for being her example of what her "FOREVER MAN" really is!

I LOVE YOU!

326

Most Helpful Girl

• Laurie, you hit the nail on the head one more time.

Many will disagree with the one or other concept or statement, mostly those that think a man must be a macho and that the old school gentleman is passé.

When I see old black and white movies with the great stars of times past that were chivalrous, gentlemen and all the other attributes that nowadays have been forgotten, I wonder where has this quality gone? Why do many youngsters nowadays not realize that having a soft core is also being a man. A guy that cries from emotion is more a man as the one that laughs at it in my eyes.

Yes we curse them at times but many forget that all of us would not be here to love men because there is 50% of them in each of us girls.

I don't always have nice words for men but as a child, I looked upon my dad as a protector. He is the one that fed me with stories, with love, compassion and ultimately with the money he brought back for my mom to feed us food.

Guys, take a minute to think that everyone of you has the potential in you to make the difference between a great man that girls look upon or just an average guy that leaves no impression whatsoever.

Which one would you rather be?

• You know I was almost ready to cry last night when not a single girl put a comment about this post of a "REAL MAN".

Men are so being overlooked to make way for the cries of a few radical women who hate them.

I just wish more women understood the new, and additional, plight of men as a result of this, with few women reaching out to defend them.

I know you have never done a "myTake", but because of your most incredible insight and writing style, I would like to challenge you to consider doing your first one about the plight that both men and women face in today's society.

Remember... they only allow 20,000 characters... lol

And thank you so much for your kind words Ava. I can always rely on you to have my back. You're the sweetest! :)

• pffff, glad to hear I have a respite to thing about it!

• 7d

Hi Laurie, thanks again for the MHO. You are my top MHO provider. Even though the system gave me the MHO, it is thanks to your question.

Have a great day

Most Helpful Guys

• Well miss L once again I loved your Mytake! 😊 you should look in to jurnalism in one of your future career changes... but that is a bunny trail... loved this! Especially calling men to be chivalrous and loyal! As you said we have shied away from our obnoxious feminist culture and allowed ourselves to be plowed over. But one thing I think your “key” song missed is that it doesn’t matter whether she believes us. As a “forever man”, chivalrous and true, we should simply do! We should tell her we lover her simply because we do... and we should open the door for her simply because we know we are her “forever man”! I think our dear friend Mr. Clapton missed that... as men we simply do because we are!

• But Don’t get me wrong! I LOVED your my take! And all the music choices!!! 😍👌
      Thank you Miss L. for recognizing the good ones!!!

• 7d

You are always at the top of my list! :)

• 7d

☺️ ...

• Beautiful myTake and beautiful music.
    I'm doing my best to be a real man and do like one - I know I'm not that beautiful or full of muscles or a "macho man", but I step up and do my best in working, take care of my girlfriend and other close loved ones (so much that I'll have to go away for several days this month...) and build my own household.

For me this also naturally means being available emotionally to my girlfriend, take care of her and let her take care of me, fulfill my part of "coniugal duties" and essentially being both her anchoring rock and her micio mao (kitty meow).

Join the discussion

224
  • You know why so many guys are thanking you for this right? Men don't usually get a word of encouragement, a compliment or even a thank you. So a take about how valuable and apreciated we are is just... wow.

No matter how much we pretend we don't need to hear any of that we do. The modern world forgets about us a lot, portraits us as monsters most of the time. I have to understand why, women deaths caused by demestic violence are beating records in my country. So many women suffer at men's hands.

Problem is bad actions speak louder than the good ones for the masses. So when a shooting happens because a guy hated girls "Men are so entitled to our bodies that they go insane when they don't have them! This is the result of patriarchy". Yet on that shooting 3 guys died because they put themselfs in front of the bullets to protect their girlfriends. One guys hates girls and three love them so much they gave their life for them. No matter how many loved girls that one is the one that masses care about. So somehow many women forgot how much men love and care about them.

We know this! I want domestic violence to stop. I want sexual harassment to stop and I want equal rights. But I would love to stop hearing that I suck just because I am a man. Yet I can't say that all that hate towards me is not justified. Rocks are being tossed every direction hoping to hit the right foreheads and any praise that comes our way may be a shield to every guy so that is a no no.

Some of us love to open doors, pay for dinner and chivalrous because we like to be, it's who we are! Our word means something and when we say we love a girl the pride in our words alone prevents us from cheating. I don't think we are rare or old school. The defenition of a good men didn't change! This was always what being a good men was!

So to know that are actually women in this world that can separate things. That there are more than one type of men. We want to give you the world, we have our demons, and we want to give you the world while figthing our demons. To any girl that understands that, like you, of course we say thank you. It takes strenght to view past social bullshit. Any girl that can see how much we try, how much we suffer, how much power a bit of appreciation has, how much we think you are amazing and how much we love you... Yes any girl like that deserves our unconditional.

Thank you!

• Wow! Thank you so much for taking all the time it took you to write this reply.

The passion in your heart about this is obvious and I agree with you as you see in this myTake.

Men are many times given the short end of the stick by some parts of society, mostly the radical feminists and good women are as tired of it as the good men are.

Thanks again for your passionate words and also for your love of women everywhere!

• Just like you know that not all men are bad and the good ones deserve praise, we know that not all women are radical feminists and the good ones don't support them. Believe me we feel you at our side with small gestures and takes like this one. We are here to support each other.

• This is absolutely breathtakingly amazing. Thank you so much.

Here's one you forgot...

https://youtu.be/rgFQ6WmxdMshttps://youtu.be/sMmTkKz60W8

• I very much agree with you, and I actually think that most people do too - but it isn't politically correct to say so.

The Feminist movement allowed ultra radicals to take over the movement in the 90s, and they really destroyed relationships between men and women, and I think that women are just as unhappy about that as men are.

The good news is that mainstream women have woken up and have mostly rejected those RadFem ideas (though they are still strong on college campuses), and women are starting to appreciate men's chivalry again, and don't see it as misogyny, but as respect - and that makes men more likely to show that kind of respect.

It was pretty devastating for my generation, though. RadFem ideology hit right around the time I was in college, and was strong through my 20s and 30s. And while I don't agree with the MGTOW movement, I can understand why some have embraced it.

I have always been my own person and followed the values and morals I was taught and that made sense - and at times I suffered for it - but it is who I am. And there are always at least a few women who appreciated it.

• Great thoughts! yes, I boil it down to... be the man you want to be for your woman!
    Forever man... I never knew what that song was about til now... lol... got educated. Clapton..."try to be your forever man"... lot of bombed relationships... Yoda... don't try..."do":)!

hehe... easier said than done yoda! I know a fella who is doing, he's doing a great job with a challenging woman! There's some good men out there.

• I'm a guy who doesn't care what others think, I see each day as a new adventure and never take one second for granted. I love my family and friends and make sure they know it.

• 1|0
  • You got my vote with the photo of Eric Clapton. He wrote the most famous love song in history, Layla. Her real name was Patti Boyd and the song was released when she was still married to Beatle’s guitarist George Harrison. He’s overcome one of the most viscous heroin habits I’ve ever heard of, then alcoholism. Watched his son Conor fall to his death from a window open many floors above ground.

He runs a recovery center on the island of Antigua. He is an incredible guitar player, the only guy who should be mentioned in the same conversation as Jimi Hendrix. He knows and plays the music created by and originally sung by black blues players who invented the genre- unlike many other’s; he has always given full credit to the men, Elmore James, willie Dixon, Robert Johnson who wrote those songs.

Sorry, your other points were well made but as the late 60s grafitti in London’s underground used to proclaim, “Clapton is God”.

• Agreed.

I am aware of all you said about Mr Eric and I have seen him live in concert in California... incredible is an understatement for sure.

• Nice tribute Laurie! You've made a lot of guys happy with this myTake.

• I sincerely respect your opinion. I agree with your first point. Men need to be unique. Have a quality that differs from the rest. If a man is trying to act like and be like other men, then he is truly not being genuine, or real.. and women deserve a man that will be himself (even tho, a lot of women can’t handle some men that are like that). Your questions of, can you love her like a man.. that’s not the right question. It is can you love her the BEST way you can. Society is the absolute WORST example to show what love actually is.. so each individual has to discover that for themselves!
    Your “real men are Chivalrous...” comment is a bit misguided. Chivalry and equality don’t mix. It’s a decent concept if your traditional. But more women are progressing. More empowered and enlightened. So equality is more important then Chivalry. Your example is what he should be is BRAVE and PROTECT his family. Chivalry is a little bit different if you look up the definition. We tend to mix them because it sounds better to do so, but it’s definitely not accurate.
    Again, I agree, men need to respect themselves, honor themselves, and be true to themselves.

• It’s more about a man knowing what his worth than anything to do with a woman. If he does those and holds himself to a higher standard. Than that’s the most important thing. As for his relationship with a woman, he needs to hold her to an even higher standard than that. Most women I have talked too, say I have exponential higher standards of women then most other men. I think my expectations of women are simply, common sense, and logical. It requires thought, and especially a lot more EFFORT than most women are willing to give in a relationship. However, I always find it odd that a women is alway echoing what traditions teach her, instead of being your own person. And that’s society as a whole. I feel like I’m completely different, and I’m cool with that.. overall, I’m glad we got a glimpse of what a man should be in your mind. Now, the question is, can you be the what a woman should be in a man’s mind?

• Chivalry and equality do mix. When pople talk about chivalry then mean being a gentleman, someone that treats woman with respect and it's not rude. You can chose to split the bill and still be chivalrious.

• Then we have two very different interpretations of the world. Which is fine. Do you, sir.

• I did all those things whilst I was married however women's minds wonder and with having iPhones women like to chat in 2019 flirt with guys end up ending marriage some or most women shallow I supose men to. its easy to cheat your cheating on video call to stranger.

• Well the songs that you have posted are fine for the young ones. but if i was to fine the right women i really don't think i would be using songs to do it. TO BE A REAL MAN YOU NEED A REAL WOMAN Then you could end up with something really beautiful.

• There's an International Men's Day? Why? Who thought we needed that level of emotional stifling?

• I respect your opinion
    but everyone has their own idea on what a real man is

• A "real man" has a Y chromosome. That is it. Everything else is about what other people want or expect from him.

• I have to laugh every time I read about what's a "real man", a "real woman"...

• I dont celebrate man's day so I guess Im not a real man.

• A well written take my lady.😉

• Thank you for this! It means a lot!

• Tons of feminism is discussed on this site.

It seems like the "Real Men" are often forgotten and overlooked - I didn't want that to go by unnoticed for another day.

You guys are way too important!

... You're welcome :)

• Thank you for the encouragement!

• Good take

• Are you ovulating?

• hmmm.. Do you consider me a real man?

• I don't know you, but you know you.

That is a question each man has to answer to himself.

"If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price" ~Jean Sibelius

• Nice take and nice music!!!

• Ahem...

• My Beard is a ladies' man and a real man.

• A real man is essentially a nonconformist.