Wonder Why Men Cheat?

WowwGirl

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Many women who have been a victim of cheating wonder about this very same question. Men sometimes seem pre-programmed to be unfaithful, but are they programmed to cheat?

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Warning many men here may have such low self-esteem that this maybe a trigger for them.

You guys might feel the need to whine, moan, bitch, even put me down by the end of this MyTake. But remember it's not me it's actually you. I could careless about your feelings this is a generalization topic ( your names not on it ).

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Take it personal, be sensitive, knock yourself out I don't care . Now here is why most men cheat in relationships.

Immaturity:

If he does not have a lot of experience in committed relationships, or if he doesn’t fully understand that his actions will inevitably have consequences like hurting his partner, he may think it is fine to have sexual adventures with others. He may see a relationship like a coat he can take on and off as he wants to.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Co-Occurring Issues:

He may have an ongoing problem with cheating in the past. He might have a problem with alcohol, or drugs that affect his decision-making, resulting in regrettable sexual decisions. Or maybe he even has a problem like sexual addiction. Simply put though he's a habitual cheater and a POS person.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Insecurity:

He may feel as if he is too old (or too young), not handsome enough, not rich enough, not smart enough, etc. To have/stay with a girl in a relationship for very long period. So, using this sextracurricular spark of interest from some other person to feel wanted, desired, and worthy.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Unrealistic Expectations:

He may feel that his partner should meet his every whim and desire, sexual and otherwise, 24/7, regardless of how she feels at any particular moment. He fails to understand that she has a life of her own, with thoughts and feelings and needs that don’t always involve him.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Selfishness:

It’s possible that his primary consideration is for himself and himself alone. He can therefore lie and keep secrets without remorse or regret, as long as it gets him what he wants. Basically he's a worthless hoe if put simply.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

And last but not least, my personal favorite the It's Over excuse which can come in two versions.

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

It’s Over, Version 1:

He may want to end his current relationship. However, instead of just telling his partner that he’s unhappy and wants to break things off, he cheats and then forces her to do the dirty work. What a worthless little dick....!!!

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

It’s Over, Version 2:

He may want to end his current relationship, but not until he’s got another one lined up. So he sets the stage for his next relationship (sleeping with her ) while still in the first one. Then of course with his plan B ready he feels safe to leave. What a cowardly pussy..!!!

Wonder Why Men Cheat?

Hopefully this helped to understand a little about why some men cheat and their thoughts behind cheating. Thank you everyone for reading I appreciate you. And don't forget,,,,

#wowgirlRocks Girlsaskguys
#wowgirlRocks Girlsaskguys

#WowGirlRocks

Wonder Why Men Cheat?
83
14
14Girl Opinion
83Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Agem123
    I've read somewhere that nobody cheats like a man who doesn't perform well in bed.

He just goes around broadcasting his disability😂
    LikeDisagree 27 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • WowwGirl

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Agem123

Thanks for MHO❤

• WowwGirl

Course

Most Helpful Guy

• MrOracle
    I think you've captured cheaters quite well here.
    Like 12 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1382
  • SarahP080102
    They cheat because humans weren't meant to be monogamous. The males are suppose to reproduce and spread their genes as much as possible.

I view us more like a pack of lions. Females band together and care for the young while searching for the best male. Then they reproduce. The male may hang around still to get meals, and continue reproducing but really is free to leave and breed more.
    LikeDisagree 13 People
    • WowwGirl

Good luck with that

• AmeerX

There are some hotwife too. They sleep with men with their husbands permission too

• @SarahP080102 it seems that you like to live your life as an animal...

• art_hoe
    okay... honestly, i think it isn't about the gender of the person, its about the person. and, that persons personal experience and similar. ik it's none of my business, but, did you get cheated on? (think of this as a question you should ask yourself, not to me, im not entitled to that answer). if you did, or, you have experience with those around you getting cheated on, just remember, not everyone is like that. either way... this might sound a little conservative, and i am not accusing all men of this i am just saying this in general as someone who has some extra knowledge about evolution and biology: wouldn't it make sense for men, evolutionally, to want to reproduce more and give their genes to more women so there could be more children with that DNA? (think about it as a biological statement rather than a political one, please) though, we are a modern society and not neanderthals and men who cheat do not have the right any excuse like that. if someone cheats on you, don't give them this excuse pls. anyways, if ya wanan talk about this we can private chat
    Like 6 People
    • This is why I love when you respond to my questions. You present such great insight on a variety of topics. This is no exception! Well put and well said.

• art_hoe

@knottywriter thankss

• i like that a 15 yo has more brains than most people here

• dmgstarfleet
    Why Men Cheat: A Male Perspective:
    1. Opportunity-For women getting laid is a choice-for men its a chore (even in a relationship). All a man usually has to do not to cheat is simply not to try to. Men have to chase it to get any whereas a woman is presented with that choice daily. Wisest advice I got from an older man was to never pass up p*ssy.
    2. Sexually Starved-women in relationships are having loads of sex with you and then they begin to lose interest in it as much. If you've been rejecting his advances lately that increases the temptation
    3. Sexually bored-Women are awesome lays when you first start with them. Then they get lazy and the sex becomes boring and routine (and infrequent-see #3)
    4. Sexually Repulsed-She has really let herself go. You still jog and workout and keep in decent shape but she let it all go and is now overweight and sloppy
    5. He's not Married to You: Single is single, even if you are in a relationship. If there is no ring on your finger any sexual fidelity on either's part in voluntary. You know how women like to say "If you want it put a ring on it!"
    6. We know women do it too-and get away with it unless they actually want the boyfriend to know it. Women are much better at covering their tracks while men walk around shedding evidence in front of their girlfriend. Further, since women have more opportunity (see #1) she probably has cheated.
    7. Its Over Version 1- He wants to break up with her but she will take it hard. He's been trying but she makes it difficult-she refuses to believe or accept it.. So he just considers himself unattached and she will come to deal with it. He tried to tell her-she didn't want to listen.
    8. Its Over Version 2- Just met Ms. Right. Didn't know it till I met her and this thing wasn't working with you so I jumped on it rather than let Ms. Right get away. Sorry but the reward is worth it to me
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • knottywriter
    Okay ladies and gents, I see some great responses to this myTake, but then there are the ones not so great. First of all, she is a woman and while I don't want to assume someone's own sexuality, I will assume that men have be in her love life. For this reason, it seems logical the SHE would write this with a focus on men. She did say it was a generalization and generalizations do not cover all men. If you got butt hurt from her opinion than maybe do some self-reflectiin as to why that may be, cheater. I think most of us can agree this could fit both male and female cheaters, but her writing was from her perspective and directed at men. I have dated plenty over the years and while my adult dating life has been stable (with maybe a current exception that I just don't have hard proof for), I was cheated on 3 times when I was younger by yes... females. What I do love about this myTake is the fact that it nailed them perfectly as well. So I can for sure say it goes both ways. In all cases I was the victim of "It's Over" version 2. The I don't wanna be alone mentality that led them to have their next boyfriend before breaking up with me. Maybe as we get older, cheaters get harder to catch if they have that experience of cheating over the years. Unfortunately for the girls that cheated on me they were either just really bad at hiding things or wanted me to see so that they could be the break up victim thinking I would break up with them. So I really think this is pretty accurate on the cheater as a whole and loved reading your take on this topic.
    Like 1 Person
    • 8lutty

maybe she just doesn't want u get hurt or doesn't know how to ending that relationship, so she didn't telling anything with u before u discover it.

• KenReidCoach
    I agree with this and would like to compliment this with my own beliefs as well based on my experience.

Men (and sometimes women) will cheat because for 3 different reasons:
    1. Entitlement - this is when a person feels that it's perfectly fine for them to cheat because it makes them feel better about themselves. This is usually the action taken by someone with Narcisisstic Personality Disorder.
    2. Needing Space - Sometimes in a dysfunctional relationship where one partner is very anxious (sometimes labelled as needy and controlling) the other partner is very often avoidant (sometimes labelled as emotionally unavailable). Either partner might turn to cheating as a way of creating space or venting their frustration. The cause of cheating is their unhealthy relationship and their intimacy issues.
    3. An unfortunate accident - this is the rarest of the bunch. This is when for some reason, a guy or girl in a relationship will be out one night with a person they like, they get drunk, do the deed and feel immense shame for the action and genuinely didn't mean for it to happen.
    Like 1 Person
  • hellionthesagereborn
    Well, about 20% of men will cheat and at least 15% of women will (some suggest higher but this is the most realisitic number in myopinion) so most men will never cheat (and most women too).

That said, you take is entirely from a female perspective, you listed off reasons women would cheat not men. Now some of them are applicable to men (impulsive behavior, selfishness etc.). However studies have shown that men actually cheat more often because they are not getting what they want or "need" from the relationship while women cheat because the relationship is over and they are just waiting to find the new partner before leaving the old one.

So when men cheat its mainly because either they are selfish and don't care (ego or what have you) or because they feel they are being neglected (and considering that over a third of marriages are sexless that is not exactly an unlikely scenario) and this is their way of attending to their needs while maintaining the relationship because he is otherwise happy with her (or has settled for her.).

Not that cheating is ever acceptable, one must either address the problems or have the courage to walk away from a bad partner, but these are the reasons why men cheat, what you have listed is the reasons why women cheat.
    Like 1 Person
  • KennethNoisewater
    I'm going to have a lot to say about this so I will probably just add to my comment section as I continue reading.
    First thing, your title made me laugh. Not because a funny punch line but your attempt to look like an idiot was successful. I normally would come right out and say that but I just saw another one of your posts. If you truly believe what you are trying to spread, you are a idiot. You have this white #metoo attitude that honestly makes me sick. Why don't you take a step back and look at females too. Women cheat just as much but if not , more than men. Instead of pointing fingers at one side, look at the whole picture. In that area of life men and women are terrible animals. People no longer have respect for other people.
    When I got to your first bullet point about men with low self esteem will be triggered by this was my second laugh. It doesn't (at least for me) have anything to do with low self-esteem. It's more about not taking responsibility and then throwing around millennial verbage like you know what your talking about. I personally have never cheated on someone in my life. Not one time. I have been cheated on twice. There was a lack of respect in those relationships but I never thought to put all females down for it. Did it cause trust issues? Absolutely, but I recognize that it's not male or female to take 100% of the blame on. Because both sides are bags of shit.
    Actually I just went to read more and I see that this is not even worth my time. I feel it is at the same level as something written for a school newspaper written by a 9th grader. So I'll end it with this. If you don't like something, change it. Don't act like you can spin everything to work in your favor. Women are no better than men and men are no better than women. But the ones still riding on this #metoo coattails needs to grow the fuck up. White women don't know how good they have it. They need to stop acting like any sort of victims in the big scheme of things. (I'm not talking of sexual abuse or anything like that.) It's amazing to me that things like this are written. Take the time to change your own life if you don't like the direction it's going. Don't blame others because you're retarded.
    LikeDisagree 4 People
  • Kaazsz
    Human beings are serial monogamists. Both men and women are designed to find a new partner on a regular basis. This is shown across cultures across the entire planet.

It is our culture that tries to tell us we are bad for it. It’s just in both men and women’s nature. Look up matriarchal societies. There’s some still around today. One in China, the women have as many male partners they like and have kids from many different men and they change partners quickly.

To say one gender is biologically designed to do anything is probably wrong. The only consistent thing I’ve seen is that we are serial monogamists. That’s confirmed by anthropology studying many cultures across the world and it’s true in nearly every culture, even in cultures where marriage is strictly adhered to.

Looks like men and women are nothing but slut ass whores. It’s just our culture tells us women are different and “better” than men. It’s a thing you cling to but has no scientific validity.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • dantheman1118
    @KennethNoisewater nailed it. This was an absolute shit pile of nonsense. It reminded me of those crazy clickbait articles at the end of some major breaking news or something like that. I couldn't finish it but I seriously wanted to. The fact that either side trust to say it is guys that cheat more or it's the females that cheat more is ridiculous by itself. People are selfish and have no common courtesy towards other humans any more. It's all about money and power/status. It's a damn shame. I have been burned by just about every kind of relationship I've had because people, doesn't matter who, is only out to make themselves feel better. Even if it's writing a bullshit article that has next to zero facts or researched stats. It's written to make that person feel in charge (power). It's the small things like this that adds up so fast. If people showed respect to others and sympathy when needed, this world would not be where it is today. Instead people are protesting because people are getting shot or suffocated in the streets. Women are wanting to be treated equal but they want to cherry pick only what they want to be equal on. We have guidelines on this crisis we are having and people can't be inconvenienced to stay at home or wear masks or whatever other things people are too proud to do. We just need to cut the shit and help out your neighbors. That just got of the rails a little bit but it all goes back to respect. If we had more of that non of the mentioned above would even be a topic for discussion. So to sum up everything guys are douchebags who can't keep it in their pants and women are whores. Both sides are terrible individuals. And if you are one of them? Man up and get your life together. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. End of story.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
    • ronaldo75

This type of nonsense is exactly why there is such a push against pseudo-intellectualism these days.

• Ellie-V
    I don’t care why some men choose to cheat. It’s not my business but obviously they are just cowards trying to avoid whatever consequences they are scared of. It’s wrong and not everyone is like that. I feel like it’s quite easy to spot a cheater but I guess there are folks who need to strengthen their intuition.
    Like 1 Person
  • bluetoblack99
    Testosterone and Mother Nature gives us impulses to impregnate as many women as possible. That does not mean we all go out and do that. Many of us have strong morals and respect for our partners.

Here a few other points you left out of your one side male bashing take.

1. Women are more attracted to taken men.

This ass backward feminine mental quirk ends up tempting taken men and further frustrating decent yet single men.

Just because a man is in a relationship and “tested” by other another woman it doesn’t mean he’s good for you. You are enabling guys to cheat. Also if he cheats on her, he will cheat on you.

2. Men get zero societal justification if they are caught. But cheating women have a whole litany of excuses to protect their egos.

Have you ever heard a who got caught say “oh but she made feel special”. No. Hell no.

Yet women have all sorts of bs excuses when they get caught. They can’t own up to being a POS.

I have been cheated on before. It wasn’t confirmed but I’m almost 95 percent sure one of my exes do this. She broke up with me but it’s funny how she doubled down/gaslight me on about what all was wrong with me to make her whore self feel better. She’s just a piece of shit.
  • DeltaCharlieEcho
    The men that cheat cheat for the same reason women that cheat do, they can. Women cheat at much higher rates than men so I'm not sure why you're blaming men for an issue that women have always been the root source of...
    Like 7 People
    • This.

• This is a take on why men cheat. You know, you can just say "fair enough" and accept that some guys are shitty. Not all guys are shitty but there are a few out there. Just there there are some shitty women out there.
      You can accept that guys sometimes get things wrong ( just like we do) without turning things around.
      Write a take on why woman cheat and put it all in there... and you would probably make some fair points.
      How can you ever expect to have a reasonable conversation if all you do is it around so that the actions of a person is somehow someone else's fault.
      I've cheated in the past and I felt so awful about it, it actually changed me for the better. At no point did I think to myself "well men cheat too so it doesn't matter" and the proceeed to void myself of all responsibility" what a weird mentality to have.
      I've been cheated on ( in a different relationship) and I wasn't that surprised because I believe in Karma, but it was still a choice he made. He didn't go around blaming all the women in the world for it.

Cheating is a reflection of a person. it's not a reflection of an entire gender, and the opposite gender is not responsible for that person's actions.

• @Carefuloutthere no, it is a mytake by a girl that is writing her feelings as facts about why men cheat. What was written was worth less than nothing.

• zeitgeist057
    I've seen one other MyTake (maybe more, but I didn't notice?) and they all start with some version of "There might be people who disagree with me. If anyone disagrees with me, it's because they are insecure/(insert negative thing here)"

Nonetheless, an interesting take on some of the reasons men (or women) might cheat. Sounds a little butt hurt, like perhaps someone has been cheated on a bit?
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • OmNomaly
    There's is no excuse for anyone to be unfaithful. Period.

Man or woman.

It goes both ways.

I myself never found how someone could be so heartless as to cheat on someone and fuck with them emotionally.

You could switch the gender roles in your question and it would still be relevant.
    Like 2 People
  • maxdoesss
    Usually when a man cheats, it's because his physical needs aren't being met. Usually when a woman cheats, it's because her emotional needs aren't being met. That being said, both men and women are predisposed to varying degrees of monogamy/polygamy based on their genetics, how they were raised, how many prior partners they've slept with. Additionally for men, we experience varying degrees of the Coolidge effect.
    Like 2 People
  • Avicenna
    Very good, but thrill seeking, rather than feelings of inadequacy, is a major reason for cheating
    Like 2 People
    • Perhaps it is just me but I cannot see cheating as thrill seeking. Not even the sexual component. Perhaps when I envision/engage in some form of thrill seeking it always contains an element that could kill me... and an angry girlfriend with a clever isn’t something I can qualify as a risk versus the “fallout” that it is. I have had my ass chewed out by an ex for my risky behavior before and it was here chewing me out because she wanted me alive, well, forever. However, never was it for me stepping out on ”us”. Just not something I would ever do nor does it remotely feel, “thrilling” ... let alone, exciting. But again, that is just my sentiments. I suppose for some there could maybe be a thrill element. I just don’t see it.

• Was her* not here...

• Avicenna

@MannMitAntworten: I‘ve never cheated, but I’ve had friends who did, and that’s what I observed- they found it thrilling to chase, to be wanted, and to have illicit sex.

• broken_heart_at_48
    I would say for the same reasons as women cheat but men do seem to be more needing of sex than most women. Really I believe it boils down to lack of self control, selfishness, and little to no respect for their SO
    Like 2 People
  • 888theGreat
    Men hoard things like women, guns, knives, and cars. But it is also lack of morals. It could also be their Dad cheated. Men whose father beat their mothers , usually beat their girlfriends and wives.
    Like 1 Person
    • WowwGirl

True

• It could also be health issues with her or A guy thinks he is all that and a twinkie and a gift to all women, that their life is now complete because he boinked them. It could also be he wants oral or anal and wife won't do that.

• SkipPerk
    You forgot one: women using sex as a weapon. Most men are fine with sleeping with their wives every night. If their wife is refusing to sleep with him for some bizarre reason, resisting temptation gets considerably harder. My wife cheated on me, and for the life of me I do not understand why. I know there are many women in the same boat (normal sex life, seemingly good home). That is the scary situation, where it simply makes no sense.
  • SoapySandwich
    I used to cheat probably for selfish reasons, not that I didn't care for my partners, just cared more for the life I wanted.

One of the main reasons I cheated was because I didn't understand that I could be open and honest and still have the relationships I wanted.
  • Show More (75)