What's the deal with shy guys?

Is it true that if a guy's into you he'll make a massive effort with you? What if he's shy? Or would he want to take his time before massively approaching someone because they work together or something? What can a more confident and sociable girl do to encourage them? Or should she just set her sights elsewhere?

17112

Most Helpful Guy

• As a former shy guy, I would say that approaching girls that they are really crushing on seems like a puzzle that they only have one shot for. They feel like there is a specific conversational formula that they must abide by or else they would scare the girl off and never see her again. Like they have to do this when the girl is playing hard to get, we have to do that when there is an awkward silence and so on. It feels as formal as a job interview when we approach girls we like. It took time for me to realize that I was making it harder than it needs to be when I am with a friend of mine who has many female friends. Basically, they are human and there is no real need to be that formal.
    We also feel that sometimes we need to have some previous association with each other otherwise, you immediately fail because she does not know who you are and therefore does not want anything to do with you. We feel like we need to have a lot more experience with her than we feel like we currently have. Again, this falls under the human thing. It seems silly I know but the shy guys (at least I was) are really that certain that they would fail and are really hesitant to try to ask girls out. If a girl approached him I think it would immediately erase the doubt. Ask for the number because that is usually how they get used to talking to you.

• Fucking agree on this 100000%!!!

• Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed response. I'm trying to work out how it applies to my current situation and hopefully gain some clarity!

• No problem. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Quite tough to judge these kinds of guy either they really like you and can't express or they are playing with you.
    There is a guy who seems to be shy in front of me I m really confused does he really likes me or playing with me

• Hey, it really depends if he show enough signs. I don't think s guy would pretend to be shy.

• Yup he stares , he gets nervous when it comes to talk with me , his friends make fun of him in front of me, he blushes

Still I have a doubt on him

• I guess the only thing you could do is say hi to him and see how he reacts. If he looks really happy when you greet him, you could trying making small talks with him. I'm a shy girl girl myself and get extremely shy around guys that I like or find attractive. He probably nay find you attractive.