Food Nutrition Labels and why they are good to read

Anonymous

This looks good doesn't it?

or even this?

The sugar on this Country Fried Chicken - Hungry Man doesn't seem so bad but it is everything else that is in it!

Some situations are inevitable that you may need to have something quick on the run that is not healthy for you and should be avoided if at all possible. Also try and avoid pre-packaged food and or TV dinners, as they have so much horrible stuff in them.

People need to wake up and pay more attention to labels and start caring about their health. Diabetes is a real thing believe it or not. My mother is type 2 which is weight induced, think about the people around you who love you and care for you, before you make silly decisions by allowing yourself to eat over what you should per day and not exercising it off and allowing yourself to become obese and possibly sick with other things that sugar and cholesterol can cause.

A lot of restaurants I have noticed in the states like to add sugar in their foods to sweeten them up, take veggies for example, they aren’t supposed to be sweet. If they are something is wrong. Veggies are veggies, like carrots for instance, it’s supposed to taste like a carrot not like they put salt/sugar or anything in it. A friend of mine whom doesn’t care about his weight and usually tries to eat over his calories per day every day, I asked him the other day if he eats pretty healthy.

We normally ask each other what we had for breakfast/lunch/dinner and this morning he said he had Quisps cereal mixed together with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shreds which turns out to equal 11 ½ teaspoons of sugar.

That is one heck of a lot of sugar, when according to the (AHA – The American Heart Association) says 6 teaspoons (25 grams) for women and 9 teaspoons (38 grams) for men.

2
3

Most Helpful Girl

• cherryphi82
    Great Take. I agree these TV Dinners are so unhealthy, and the pictures on them are so misleading. The sad thing is, not everybody has time to prepare home food. It's a luxury nowadays.

The only thing I would have done is include some healthy alternatives for people to choose. Like nuts, dried fruits, dried squid, rice cakes, etc.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Thank you... and I agree I’m still quite new to doing mytakes but you gave me an idea... I also meant to publish my name on this instead of anonymous

Most Helpful Guy

• Anon-ymous1
    Cannot upvote this enough. Thank you. Good myTake.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Your welcome..: it was a great point. I wish it would of been featured not just promoted

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

21
  • douride2
    The salt or sodium is what is the worst in that frozen dinner.
    • Anonymous

The fat as well

• Red_Dragon
    Well I actually like sweet carrots. It's the only way I'll eat them. My girlfriend is trying to get me to eat more healthy stuff though. I'd like to add to this take a bit:

A lot of people look at the best by date as an expiration date... it's not. It does not mean by that day you shouldn't quit eating it. In fact it is just the opposite. That date is when companies say is the best day to eat or drink the product. In other words when it will taste the best. It's really not for consumers at all. With that said you should always use things like the sniff test for milk or look for discoloration in meats.
  • bubble_tea
    Could you explain what's exactly so bad about those nutrition stats? Is it the sodium amount?
    • Anonymous

Sodium, fat, cholesterol

• bubble_tea

There are healthy and unhealthy saturated fats, and healthy and unhealthy cholesterols. The ones from this convenience food probably isn't, but only the ingredients will tell the full picture.

• Red_Dragon

Good point. By the way I had a Asian uh... buddy who used to love bubble tea. Still does I reckon.