3 Must-have Teas for your Medicine Cabinet as well as your Tea Cabinet!

Three tasty teas to help maintain good health.

Here are three delicious teas that should be in your medicine cabinet for your health as well as kitchen cupboard for enjoyment!

CHAMOMILE TEA

Chamomile tea- soothes and settles.
Chamomile tea- soothes and settles.

Reduces stress

Stress fighter -
Stress fighter -

While the warmth relaxes you, chamomile tea can help ease the symptoms of stress and anxiety. Tests show that chamomile tea has been shown to reduce stress, ease insomnia, and induce peace of mind.

Settles tummy aches

Eases tummy upset
Eases tummy upset

Traditionally, chamomile has long been used to treat certain gastrointestinal problems such as upset stomach, because of the anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and carminative (gas relieving) components in the tea.

Some patients also reported relief from indigestion, and irritable bowel syndrome. Chamomile can also help relax the muscles of peristalsis, those which are responsible for moving food through the gut.

PEPPERMINT TEA

Peppermint- banishes bad breath and bashes bad bugs.

Fights bad breath

Leave a better- not bitter- impression!
Leave a better- not bitter- impression!

The strong, menthol flavor and antibacterial quality of peppermint tea leaves can help to improve your breath. The antibacterial elements kill germs that can lead to halitosis, while the fragrant terpene- thymol- leave your breath smelling fresh and clean.

Boosts Immunity

Go away, you nasties- - -
Go away, you nasties- - -

Mentha peperita (peppermint) can be used as a natural antioxidant, which can help control free radicals in your body. And the same thymol that makes your toothpaste smell so refreshing also has antimicrobial properties and may help inhibit pathogen and bacterial growth.

CINNAMON TEA

Cinnamon tea fights inflammation and boosts your brain.

Reduces inflammation

Eases symptoms of inflammation - - -
Eases symptoms of inflammation - - -

Along with other "warming" organics such as ginger, turmeric, and black pepper, cinnamon tea has been shown to reduce inflammation and pain in many cases, making it a soothing and relaxing remedy for many conditions including irritated throats, itchiness, and achy joints and muscles.

Supports brain function

Brain booster - - -
Brain booster - - -

And as one of those warming organics- and particularly in older patients- cinnamon can help improve cognitive speed, boost concentration and focus, according to the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease.

So, enjoy these tasty teas for their refreshing flavors while your body uses the organic components in them to help maintain and repair itself.

11
7

Most Helpful Guy

• Boppy
    Note for the turmeric tea, its main ingredient, curcumin (apologies if misspelled) is mostly not absorbed. It works best with piperine, found in black pepper.
    20 mg piperine / 2000mg curcumin.
    (I'm not sure how much of each chemical is in each food though.)
    Anyways, if you want a strong anti- inflammatory, turmeric tea with some ground black pepper added is gross but does a lot more.
    Source: www.healthline.com/.../turmeric-and-black-pepper
    Is this still revelant?
    • Massageman

Turmeric, pepper, or almost any of the teas whose components have “warming” terpenes on them have an anti-inflammatory action. The problem with most of them is developing a tolerance for their taste. Thanks for reading.

• Boppy

Oh, of note (though not throughly tested in labs yet) is that drinking turmeric and black pepper before drinking alcohol seems to be a potent hangover preventer. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds fun to test.

Most Helpful Girl

• CubsterShura
    I love green tea and jasmine tea. I take my used green tea (or jasmine tea) bags, cut open the inside bits and add them to my sugar scrub. It's an awesome ingredient for that purpose.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Massageman

Sounds like a good idea.

• It is! It adds more texture to the scrub and I find it very effective. I liked it even more than adding coffee grounds to my body scrub so far. I want to try using a ripe banana next time but I am hesitating because of the MESS it might cause in the bathroom, lol. I've been really serious about exfoliating and oil massaging to get rid of my chicken pox scars.

• Massageman

Some preparations also include milled walnut shells, but that sounds very aggressive action, to me.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

106
  • midnightmoon05
    I have the first two and drink occasionally. Daily I drink earl gray. Kinda my drug of choice in the Morning.
    I also like mixed blend from. Very Calming.
    And another Chinese herb tea... don’t have name off my head... it acts as a cleansing tea) very effective. Stronger than cranberry juice.
    Will try to get name when I get home.
  • Teahappy
    Ginger tea for probiotics and digestion. Mint tea for nausea and dizziness. Hibiscus tea just for smooth tangy taste. I love tea. I drink hot tea daily without sugar. Love the benefits.
  • ZELLxoxo
    I love peppermint tea. One of my favourites. Also another tea I really really love is lemongrass. It tastes nice.
    • Massageman

Lemon grass. Nice choice, gently uplifting.

• SkipStop
    Tea with ginger is a really good option too. Not very tasty, but very healthy.
    • Massageman

You can add some mint leaves to the ginger tea for taste - they are even a bit synergistic. Plus the ginger fights nausea and inflammation, and improves blood circulation due to its' "warming" effect.

• DeeDeeDeVour
    I always have Green tea, Jasmine tea, Oolong tea & Chrysanthemum tea handy.
    • Massageman

You like the light, more fragrant teas. :-) Thanks for reading.

• copperscene
    I'm all about the lemon, the ginger and the liquorice. Whatever benefits come with the chamomile aren't sufficient to voluntarily taste it 😀
    • Massageman

Thanks for reading. Licorice and ginger are both "warming" stimulant teas which can increase blood circulation, and help fight depression. Licorice tea also helps maintain healthy skin and hair, while ginger tea helps fight nausea and inflammation. Both should be consumed in moderation.

• sockandshoes
    i could definitely use these in the future considering my immune system is so garbage. good post 👍
  • SexyAshh
    Wish you woulda named more.

Tons of different teas for health
    • Massageman

I was actually having problems trying to get "the system" to accept what I had. But I would certainly be willing to do more. Any suggestions for choices?

• HeyMikie
    I drink green tea daily as well as a tea mixture called "zen" which contains green tea, lemon verbena, lemon grass and peppermint. :)
  • yoganshB
    Luckily I'm having our traditional tea filled with delicious herbs.
    • Massageman

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your tea!

• yoganshB

Yeah I enjoyed it.😊 Join me someday.

• why_am_i_here
    I was reading this and i thought hm maybe i'll start drinking those teas more often then i read cinnamon and i gagged i'm sorry but that shit is nasty. but maybe that's why i'm so achy and stupid all the time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • HeyMikie

If you really want to use cinnamon you can get it in capsules

• broncobryan
    I dont see mention of sweet iced tea, lol. You can keep the other stuff.
    • Massageman

That would be black tea, very heavy on the sugar, and I love it too. Black tea is simply oxidized green tea. Oolong is somewhere in between on the continuum.

• Lavender for sleep, unfortunately it smells 🤮.
    • Massageman

Lavender would be better taken inhaled. Maybe put some lavender flowers on your pillow an hour before bedtime, and allow the scent to go into the pillow. At bedtime, remove the flowers and breathe the fragrance which has been absorbed into the pillow. Or, just put one drop (and ONLY ONE drop) of Lavender Essential Oil on the pillow a few minutes before bedtime.

• Babygirl_S
    I love green tea the most 🍵 😋
    • Massageman

I drink green tea sometimes, more in the spring when I like something lighter tasting. Thanks for reading.

• cheer4life_xo
    Well I need 5 cups of chamomile tea
    • Massageman

Thanks for taking a look. Sorry that you are having all that stress!

• It’s okay thanks!

• Stacy6ft92
    I love minute tea is awesome.
    • Massageman

Mint tea (assumed due to automatic correction) is one of my faves too.

• Stacy6ft92

Yes autocorrect strikes again.