Most Helpful Opinions
Yes. Black mould is serious stuff. There was a kiddie killed by it recently, in UK.
My mother has had breathing trouble for years. Had alergy tests. Various inhalers and medications. Nothing worked. We noticed that the floor lining in the wet room was beginning to come loose and split. A guy came to replace it and found the concrete slab underneath was covered in wet black mould.
Got an industrial de-humidifier running all weekend to dry it out. Got it all cleaned. Ner floor liner installed. Within a week, no more breathing problems.13
Spray with a bleach based mold and mildew spray. Tape and mud the drywall to finish the repair. Coat with Kilz primer to encapsulate. Maybe two coats. Then you can paint it with your preferred paint. Although I'd get a copper infused/copper based paint. As it is antimicrobial.13
It’s time to breakout the big toys (UV Light) in addition to the bleach or telephone a mold remediation specialist & bill your landlord. Depending on where you live calling your local health department might be a good idea if your landlord gives you trouble.10
What Girls & Guys Said
Black mold can cause respiratory diseases, trigger asthma, and irritate allergys. Kill the mold spores with full strength pickling or 7% acetic acid white vinegar. Mix 1 tsp. Of baking soda to every 1/4 cup of vinegar and let sit for an hour then apply to mold by a spray bottle of with a cloth and let ditbon the mold for 1/2 hour then use a scrub brush to remove the mold and work clean. Or else buy a commercial mold killer/remover spray.10
Definitely clean that up with bleach. you could be sensitive to mold.
I can have seizure like symptoms with exposure to black mold.23
It could definitely be mold. I had those same symptoms when I had an office with a mold problem. It sounds like major surgery might be in order.10
You need bleach and you need it fast. That's black mold and it can make some people very sick or even kill them in some cases.10
That much mold makes that place unlivable. It needs to be eradicated ASAP. If you can't have some er one do that, you need to move out.10
I mean what country are you in? Not that you want to deal with your landlord dirty but that is an issue and a serious law suit if the right person is being effected.2
first save those pictures second report her to the attorney general and the bbb and whatever state housing offices there are in your state and seek a lawyer. As for removing that you need bleach clorox or some sort of heavy duty bleach and when you use it wear a mask because it'll stink6
Yes you are breathing in the mould, you need to ventilate more if you can, and try a anti mould paint10
Report it to environmental health, rented property counts under business law so can receive the same fines and closure factors10
Oh geez, I’d be trying to get out of that apartment as soon as possible. That’s horrible!10
No spores is usually okay.13
more then enough ,
breathing there would be hard too0
Yes. this is a huge amount of mold.10
It sounds serious perhaps you should ask an expert10
get an air purifier? see if that helps1
I think so19
Its disusing, that's for sure.0
It's a lot to make you sick1
Yes and technically you could kill it but still have a lot of mold you can't see with the naked eye but could test with a machine and find you do.
I lived at an apartment with mold and it caused me breathing problems, was happy to get out.
You can try to kill it yourself and it visibly will go away but a professional needs to come in to get it gone 100%.
The source though also needs to be corrected first, or else it will just come back.
My crappy apartment, the bathroom had no venting for steam from showers, so it created the problem.
I actually tried all kinds of stuff, mixing a bleach water mixture, spraying it and it would kill it, but the most successful is I bought outside deck mold killer.
Hooked it up to a hose, after clearing everything out of the bathroom and having a wet dry vac on standby. Sprayed the walls and ceiling, then vacuumed up the water as fast as possible.
It worked great for a long time as the deck mold killer, not only killed it but it sinks into the walls to make it resistant to future mold growth for awhile.
I moved out before it ever came back.