I’d appreciate any remedies? :)
Remedies for a cold?
I’d appreciate any remedies? :)
Take a day or two off from all you activities. Stay home and eat some bread with fresh garlic and onions while drinking a nice lemon honey tea with fresh ginger. but make sure you double brush your teeth before you return to all your activities. Garlic can really make your breath stink.
Hot water with ginger lemon and honey
Grate the ginger or cut pieces then let it sit for 5-10 minutes then strain. I eat the ginger though its good for inflammation
Mix together honey, minced garlic, minced onions, cayenne pepper, mint leaves and lemon juice. It's gross but helps
Stop taking antibiotics, they won't help with cold since it's most likely a viral cause. The side effects of these could make you feel worse.
Keep warm, drink plenty of water to maintain hydration, eat when you can and rest.
Paracetamol may help alleviate some of the symptoms so 1 gram (2 tablets) every 4-6 hours. Max 8 tablets a day.
Should clear up within a few days
Don't take antibiotics. They will not help at all and it's a bad thing to take them when not needed.
As for your cold, there is nothing that will make it go away faster, just a few things that might help with some symptoms, like nose spray to unblock or something to help with your throat or headache. Get enough rest, sleep and drink a lot and after a few days you'll feel better again.
Drink lots of water, take aspirin or ibuprofen and get plenty of rest. I excuse you from the gym for the next 48 hours.
Can you explain the symptoms?
And was it cold or warm outside when this happened?
Mostly fever, chest pain and runny nose. It was hot
Using an antibiotic just one day after a runny nose and chest pain is not a good sign. Now that you have used it complete the course. Always take it step by step.
And for your chest pain and nose, use Vicks or any formulation similar to it
Even Chinese Balm works great 👍.
I use it often and works everytime so far :).
But please, if you are severely ill, go see a doctor. Don't use antibiotics without justifiable cause. Viruses are not affected by antibiotics
Thanks so much!!! I’ll take that up
Good old fashion chicken soup, and there's an old trick they do in Eastern Europe. You take hot water, put it into a bowl, soak a rag in the hot water, cover the bowl of water with it, and breath in the heat.
Maybe try drinking some tea because that's what I did when I had a bad cold a few months ago
I’ve found hot tea thickened with honey helps with a sore throat and even congestion.
Lots of fluids. Chicken soup, Gatorade, bottled water, fruit juice and REST
Antibiotics are useless against a cold. Zinc/VitaminC/Vitamin D, rest and fluids.
chicken soup... coming right up
Sleep is the best cure.
Try some herbal teas.
Honey in whiskey
Start with Oil of Oregano
Forehead kisses? 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
Hope it helps
I’m sorry you’re not feeling well but it’s important to note that antibiotics are not typically effective against the common cold, as it is caused by a virus rather than bacteria. However, there are a number of home remedies and over-the-counter treatments that can help alleviate cold symptoms and promote healing.
Here are some remedies you can try:
1. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids, such as water, herbal tea, or warm soup, to help keep your body hydrated and flush out toxins.
2. Rest: Get plenty of rest and avoid strenuous activities until you start feeling better.
3. Gargle with salt water: Mix 1/2 tsp of salt with 8 oz of warm water and gargle several times a day to help soothe a sore throat.
4. Use a humidifier: A cool mist humidifier can help keep the air moist and reduce congestion in the nasal passages.
5. Take over-the-counter medications: Over-the-counter medications such as decongestants, pain relievers, and cough suppressants can help alleviate symptoms such as congestion, pain, and coughing. Be sure to read and follow the label instructions carefully.
6. Try natural remedies: Certain natural remedies such as honey, ginger, and echinacea may help soothe symptoms and boost the immune system.
Remember, it's important to take care of yourself and give your body time to heal. If your symptoms persist or worsen, it may be a good idea to consult your healthcare provider.