Why some Vegans impose their lifestyle on others?

I was talking to a vegan this morning (one of my buddies friends) and she is a complete whackjob.

The first thing she did was bring up the fact that I am eating foods from an animal in turmoil (I was eating eggs).

I told her I eat foods from animals and I enjoy it and she proceeded to tell me I will pay for it cause I am going to die at an early age. I told her that she is retarded and animal fats are essential to a good diet but she didn't listen and spewed out more of her bull****.

She actually said this quote on quote "I took a course on nutrition, so I know a lot more than you sweetheart"

I nearly lost it but I maintained myself and told her this "No matter how much you protest and continue not eating meat, I will still have a freshly slain calf on my plate ready to eat, you mad?" (we happened to talk about the process of veal (slaughtering baby calfs), and I brought this up just to piss her off more

let me close by saying I have no problems with people who make their own descions in life, but don't force your retarded **** on me, let me do my own thing.

Cliffs:

-Talk to vegan she tells me I am eating foods from animals in turmoil

-she tells me I am going to pay for eating foods from animals cause I will die at a young age

-stupidest bitch you will ever meet

nic answers form girls and guys...thnxs 4 sharing your thoughts and experience ...this will help for sure :-)

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether or not they are vega-tarian, religious, political, or whatever, the bottom line is they are insensitively belligerent of beliefs. It's an immature way of trying to spread the idea of something they strongly believe in. But even worse, this tactic causes a reverse effect and creates backfire and causes the person whom you're trying to convince to get irritated and resist your message, and head the opposite way.

I bet after your interaction with her, I bet you wanted to consume the meatiest sammich you could find.

I can see it from her view, because I used to behave similar to her (maybe not as bad). I used to be strong about my political views around a bunch of naive college kids who took everything the TV and their professors said for face value, and got so frustrated that I got aggressive about discussing politics. I found that I was distancing myself from my friends and people did not like hanging around me as much anymore.

Now I try not to let my emotions get in the way of persuasion. In due time, your friend will learn the same.

What Girls Said 12

• It's like with every other thing that people try to impose, they think it's the right way to do things. Ultimately, it's just another life choice. They should be respectful of your right to choose what you want to do.

Eating meat may cause health problems, but if someone isn't eating properly on a vegan diet, they too can have health problems. There is a right and wrong way to be a vegetarian or vegan, because you have to get certain nutrients in other forms.

My family has eaten meat and lived long lives. It doesn't just depend on diet, genetics and other factors also come into play. Saying eating meat will shorten your lifespan is just fear mongering. There are so many things that can cause health problems and shorten lifespan, but people still do things and life long lives.

• I don't think this is a real question, it sounds more rhetorical to me. Sort of like a question made not necessarily to be answered, but to warn vegans that may come across your question to not impose their dieting lifestyle on others. Like truly, this question is not something answerable, after all, I can as well ask why some meat-eaters try to impose their 'lifestyle' on vegans.

I'm not a vegan though, I'm 100% omnivorous and LOVE my meat, and I think that reason which some vegans use to explain why they are vegan (animal cruelty through feeding on them) is absolutely ridiculous because animals were put on this earth to be used for the survival of humanity as much as plants are. Plants are living too! Are you gonna tell me that oh it's plant cruelty by feeding on them alive? Or it's plant cruelty by cutting them down and killing them to make houses for people to live in? hahaha that's just ridiculous.

Yes it's animal cruelty when people kill animals in a torturous manner because they find PLEASURE in killing living things in general, because that's just plain psychopathic! But if they are killing them the right way i.e. slaughtering them, and it's for their survival, ain't nothing wrong with that!

• For the record, I wasn't addressing to you in my second paragraph in those questions lol I was addressing all vegans out there that use the reason of 'animal cruelty' as why they don't eat meat or any food product from animals.

• I'm a vegetarian and I try to stay as far away from people like that. The only time I talk about it is if someone starts trying to push meat on me and if declining doesn't work I tell them why. Just to let you know, not all of us are like that! lol Its your choice to eat what you wish and no one should push you to do what they do.

• You're absolutely right that we need meat as our essential nutrients, it give us protein, good health and keeps our immune system running smoothly. She thinks because she's a vegan she has a right to control other people and change their diets by saying meat is bad for you. I mean good for them right?

But never talk to a vegan, theyre absolutely close minded. They don't care about other peoples opinions, maybe cause they don't have the right PROTEIN they need!

next time buy a LARGE steak and eat it right in front of her face, thatll really take her over the edge ;)

• I don't know. I wonder that too. Veganism is one of the most unhealthy things on this planet.

• I'm a vegetarian, and these people give us a bad name. I try very hard not to impose my beliefs on people since I'm the one who made the decision to do something weird. The only time I actually tell people I'm a vegetarian is if they ask or they need to know (we're going out or they're making me dinner). Just remember that most veggies aren't like that girl.

• I'm a Vegetarian and my whole family is made up of Omnivores, she was out of line telling you how to live your life, my fiance eats meat it doesn't matter to me it's a life choice. Second, to all of the others saying that Veganism is unhealthy, it really isn't so as long as one eats the right foods with the right nutrients, so don't place all of us Vegetarians/Vegan's in the same spot as the crazy one's you have seemed to be unlucky to share an encounter with.

• the only thing unhealthy about one way or the other is in the quantities and what you eat. So ya, you're definitely right there. It's true you can't get SOME nutrition from plants (Omega 3 for example is only from fish iirc), but while it's healthier to have all those, it's not going to kill you if you don't get Omega 3 much or at all. And, hell, there are things you can take to replace em, though those are usually pills and ya, meh.

• Well peanut butter carries Omega-3...so you technically can!

• but not more than fish ...n these plant proteins have a low amino acid score...while stuffs ljke whey,egg whites,chicken,fish etc are gr8 for obtaining complete protein...

• People who live alternative lives seem to be snappy about anyone whom they view as a threat

Same goes for religious people, as an example

• - Do some research on factory farmed chicken eggs. (shes actually right here)

- But no you won't die...

- Haha

• these eggs are important part of my diet...yes I won't die that's why I am still eating them.

• I knew of a vegan like her. I sat there and ate chicken wings in front of her. Animals kill each other to eat. Why is it so wrong for people to eat animals? Animals are a lot more brutal when they go in for a kill.

• Self righteous

• I work with a vegan and you reminded me of an experience I had with her.

I knew I was working an evening shift with her, so I decided I would be considerate and not take anything for dinner that had meat in it. So I decided to take a baked bean sandwich which turned the bread slightly orange.

Anyway she was rummaging through the fridge and all of a sudden I hear.

"WHO'S SANDWICH IS THIS?"

I wandered over to see what she meant and saw her clutching my sandwich, "That's mine."

Her: "WHAT'S IN IT?!"

Me: "Baked Beans."

Her: "Oh, that's okay. I thought it might have been something else."

Lol, I have no idea why they think they have a right on other people's affairs, but I kind of classify them as the same as those religious nuts who you see screaming at passerbys on the street that they'll burn in hell. I just ignore them and move on.

What Guys Said 11

• Most vegetarians and vegans are actually very quiet about it, we just never speak up and you don't even know we're vegetarian. So the only ones you associate are the 2% who are jerks about it.

I have to ask why do carnivores always try to impose their lifestyle on me? I try to keep to myself as a vegetarian, and realize it's my personal choice and that others can do what they want, but everyone likes to go out of their way to criticize my lifestyle, call me malnourished, unhealthy, crazy... I wish they'd just f*ck off and let me eat my tofu.

It goes both ways my friend. People in general try to impose their values on others be it diet, religion, or which phone you should buy.

• It's a form of neurosis. Just think of them as sick and have pity.

• This is funny. Some people wants to impose their lifestyles to others because they want to have attention, they feel like they have power over the person, and want to known as an authority in something.

• I'm not a vegan but I hate the idea of veal, it's just wrong.

I worked with a Vegan and from what little we spoke she didn't push her ideas on me, it must just be her personality. about the whole "I took a course on nutrition" part I bet the person teaching was a vegan or at least a vegetarian and had very biased views. Meat in the right ammount is very healthy.

does she look at ingredients in things like marshmallows? it contains gelatin which comes from animal byproducts. (that's the only reason I found out the person I worked with was vegan)

link hell even yogurt can contain gelatin.

• These Vegan and PETA people are always crossing the line.

I was on a date last night, walking down a nice pedestrian boulevard, and there was a PETA supporter with a huge TV blaring scenes from "Meet your Meat". In case you don't know what "Meet your Meat" is, google it... it's very disturbing and sickening footage of animals getting slaughtered and ripped apart.

I don't think that should be illegal, there were families with toddlers walking by.

These people are crazy if they think they will ever get the majority of the population to stop eating meat. They can go F***K themselves

• Eggs generally are are from animals in "termoil." Unles you get them from a farm. You probably won't die younger, but meat today does have a lot of crap in it from the animals feed and way they are treated.

But to the your question, it's because they feel strongly about something... Every group has extremists though, not all vegans are.

On a side note, I you should at least watch this whole movie and see if you don't feel a little less desire to eat meat, maybe then you'll have your answer and understand why they feel so strongly about it:

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys

• Why do Christians, Muslims, Jews, Liberals, Conservatives, Pro gun control and anti gun control, pro abortion and anti abortion etc. impose their ideologies/ideas onto other people?

Well, it's because it is in some peoples agenda to "take over" other peoples opinions by trying to bring thoughts and facts to the table.

• I'm always sure to show them my pics from my last hunting trip while eating a serving of Tommy's chili cheese fries.

Those poor people will die without knowing the joy of bacon. I pray God accepts their souls...

• Same reason mainstream society does: They think they're right and you're wrong.

• Same reason various religious groups try to impose their lifestyles on others (in this country Christians trying to impose their beliefs on others and even pushing laws for it even though our damn constitution says that's not allowed).

Because people feel the need to impose their way of living on others. It's f***ing stupid.

And even funnier are those who claim to use "facts" to say why they should do it. Healthier? No it isn't. More environmentally friendly? Nope. Helping small farmers? LOL guess again. All of their reasoning is bullsh*t.

If they prefer the taste, so be it. That's their personal pallet, but that's no reason to push that on others.

And, hell, let's pretend their reasons other than taste weren't bullsh*t, so? Let people spend their money and do with their body as they damn well want when it doesn't hurt you. The only one that'd be a valid reason would be environmental and it's really not.

• Some vegans are like religious weirdos. They cannot help but to spread their idiocy. I won't eat veal though anymore. The treatment of the calf truly is atrocious.