My ex-girlfriend just got a new boyfriend recently and I want her back...

I dated this girl for about 18 months, starting in high school. I did not like the whole idea of having a girlfriend in college and I kind of wanted to "reinvent" myself at school. So after dating her for a little while in college I finally snapped and ended it with her. I changed as a person and I realized that. We talked a little bit when I came home and she even called me out on the fact that I changed. I did not change for the better but it definitely made me a better person and I got back to being myself after 5 or 6 months. I knew I made a mistake, but I'm not one to regret many things because you have to learn from experience. Anyway I went all summer knowing that I want this girl back because I know I love her more than anything. I just didn't have the balls to say anything. So then I went back to school and I started to kind of start talking a little more to her. Then I had a big realization that I really I want her back more than anything. By this point she had kind of been "talking" to another kid and I started to get a little jealous or whatever. So then I went back to school again and I find out they started dating and I talked to her a little bit about it. I didn't tell her everything I wanted to say but I told her I couldn't see myself with anybody else when its all said and done. We broke up primarily because I went to school, everything else was pretty great, I just kind of lost myself. Then when I finally was ready to have the balls to say something she has a new guy. Like I said before I probably have been feeling this way for about a year and its just taken me a while to realize I need to say something. I'm kind of just looking more for opinions, but I don't really want to hear "o you're still so young" that's bull. I know how I feel and we had something special and I messed up I can admit it. I think I needed it, but I'm just afraid I will never get her back because she obviously likes this new guy. And I just don't know the right way to go about the situation. I still talk to her a little probably once every couple of weeks since she had this new guy. But its just short conversations because I feel like I'm annoying her. I want her back so bad, but I think if I try to intervene too much then I'll end up pushing her further from me, but if I don't do anything I could lose her forever. Any input would be helpful

Also I talked to one of her friends, I was planning on coming back home just to talk to her and essentially she told me to just stay out of it because I was the one who messed up in the first place. I really just don't want to lose her forever, I keep telling myself that eventually they probably will break up and that's fine I can wait, but there is obviously that chance they don't and I guess that is what really is bugging me more than anything.
Last update, I crushed her pretty hard when we broke up and I don't know how she really thinks about me now that she's "moved on". I know it is a pretty selfish thing to think, but I really do feel like she is the one for me and I'm afraid since I hurt her so bad I might be out of reach, even though when I asked her about "us in the future" she said she was a forgiving person, but I still don't know

02

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I would be willing to walk away.

Many guys somehow believe that if they put up with a woman's bad behavior long enough, that she will eventually see how much he loves her, and will love and respect him equally in return. Unfortunately, this is a totally misguided notion.

Most women want a fun, self-confident guy, who respects himself, and who doesn't need her to have a good time. Once a woman knows you can't live without her, and will put up with any selfish or bad behavior she dishes out, your chances of keeping her challenged and interested in you goes right out the window.

Not only should you respect other people, but you should demand the same degree of respect for yourself. You should never put up with any kind disrespect from anyone, especially a person you are in a relationship with. You will have a much better chance of keeping a woman interested in you if you stand up yourself, than if you allow her to walk all over you.

Just remember that there are 3 billion women on the planet. If the woman you are with starts displaying negative, or disrespective behavior towards you, be willing to walk away. If you do, it's very possible she will chase after you with new found respect. A respect she will never have for you if you can't respect yourself enough to leave.

hope this helped :)

• Dude, she has another boyfriend now. She's trying to move on. You should do the same.