+1 y

How to Tell a Person from their Eyes

How to Tell a Person from their Eyes

Ever heard of the phrase "the eyes are windows to the soul?" Yeah? You know why? Cause it's true.

Let me start off with a scientific explanation.

Your sight contains the most information out of all your other senses, and your sight information goes to the brain faster than any other sensory input (look at the location of the eyes, you could also argue the ears send information just as fast but that is off topic). Sight information is very complex to the brain - your brain has to judge distance, take in everything present in your view, bring up old memories and experience, calculate imminent danger if present, and make snap judgements all in miliseconds. Everything you see is because of wavelengths - specifically the spectrum of visible light so your brain has to process many different dimensions of wavelengths (and quite possibly beyond visible light) in order to understand what is going on. I hope I have made this clear.

Now, why are people's eyes so useful to us should we want to understand them? Here's an example: you can immediately tell if a person is lying or not just by looking at his/her eyes when you ask a question. HOWEVER, this requires skill. You, yourself, must be honest, caring, and open minded to do this. Here is a hypothetical situation:

Open up your eyes very widely (so your eyes can absorb as much information as possible) and ask them "Are you lying to me?" Pay attention to the flickers, muscle contractions, and pupil dialations. Their brains are processing the information very rapidly, BUT it is confused. A lyer will be more tense and slight movements will be more jerky (they want to escape); a truth speaker will be more clumsy or calm depending on how surprised they are (they might be a little confused at first, but you should also take into account voice tone and other facial features as well as body language).

Now, let me make a few things clear. This is NOT to be abused. You are not to ask random people around you: "Hey, did you steal my wallet?" when your wallet is clearly in your pocket. Why shouldn't you do this? Because looking into people's souls through their eyes is a skill. If you constantly constantly hit people with your tennis racket instead of the ball, will you ever be a good player? No, and you'll even screw up your own learning process.

Also, like every other skill, you need to have certain qualifications. As I said earlier, you, yourself, must be an honest, loving, and open minded individual. This will backfire on you if you are not this sort of person because your own brain will be confused should you attempt this. If you don't bring a tennis racket to tennis, can you play tennis?

You can also use this skill to judge people's current emotional and mental state, but all of this is very, very fine and delicate information that is almost subconscious. But practice makes perfect, so be a good person today.

How to Tell a Person from their Eyes

How to Tell a Person from their Eyes
11
4

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Eternallylucky

So true, the eyes emit a lot of energy and emotions and it can only be felt. I don't like it when people use their eyes to control other's gaze.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• YourFutureEx

👀 Real eyes realise real lies.

Is this still revelant?

103
  • Octavion

People can train themselves to lie without any tells. And some people begin to panic even when they're telling the truth because they are afraid the person will think they are lying and that gives them the anxiety that you're looking for in a liar. That's why polygraph tests are incredibly inaccurate.

• KhaysunDei

That is impossible, you cannot train yourself to lie without leaving a single, slight hint because a very sensitive and honest person can always detect it. Honestly though, it's only when they lie about something serious that this skill comes in handy. If it's like lying over stealing candy, then who the hell cares? And polygraph tests don't test for the entire body's response including social responses, only chemical responses.

• KhaysunDei

"And some people begin to panic even when they're telling the truth because they are afraid the person will think they are lying and that gives them the anxiety that you're looking for in a liar."

You did not read my article closely enough. Reread the situation I made about lying.

• Octavion

Social responses are easy to control. Chemical is the hard part.

• Kaylove96

There are people who have lied before where you can't tell that they're lying. Like sometimes for certain things it can be a wait and see kind of thing. And I wish I could look into someone's eyes and see their soul. I don't even know how people do it or what people can. How do I know if someone has done it?

• cookiesandcream

Nice take. Except it depends on the individual. There are those who can lie without giving any physical cues away.

• KhaysunDei

Do you cure a headache by cutting off the head?

• Maybe for you. That doesn't make sense. There are people who can lie through a lie detector.

• KhaysunDei

You have no idea what I just said.

• Phoenix98

Eyes are the windows to soul sure, but poetry is a door to it.

• KhaysunDei

hmmm... can you explain that part?

• Phoenix98

Eyes are like windows you can only glance at what is inside, a poem can allow you to fully immerse yourself in someones thoughts, feelings, their very being, some literature is so powerful you can feel what they wrote, what they were feeling when they wrote that piece.

That better?

• KhaysunDei

HEYYYYYY that's GOOOOOOOOOOD!!

• Jxpxtxr

I find my eyes never have any special expression of emotions - it's more the surrounding area especially the eyebrows that do.. But who knows - maybe I'm just soulless 👻

• ThatBritishLad

I always furrow my brow and raise an eyebrow if I hate you and I think you're being stupid. I tend to have that expression plastered on my face permanently.

• WhatTheHellAmy

I don't know why, but blue eyes make me feel that I can trust that person.

• MysteriousFlower

I can do that if they aren't going to say whatever I need to know.

• KhaysunDei

Hm? I do not understand

• I would pay attention to their eyes if I am not getting a response or feel like they are hiding something.

• KhaysunDei

:o Oh!!! thanks thee

• ArabianPwincess197

That would be hard

• zell0is0my0name

What do my eyes tell you? Lol

• Anonymous

What if the person does not have eyes?

• Anonymous

This Is very true I can tell weither or not my boyfriend is being honest

• Anonymous

What if your eyes are so dark brown that they look black? You can't read them >_>

• KhaysunDei

Lol, you didn't understand my article at all. And I have dark brown eyes and so do most of my friends.

• Anonymous

i didn't even read it LOL

• KhaysunDei

Fail