Annoying Double Standards And Other Unfair Things

Note that I'm kinda triggered right now so if you're sensitive and can't stand a different opinion, take your sensitive ass away :D I may come off rude and offensive (sorry) but some people don't understand nice.

#1 WHITE SHAMING

Asians in particular. Punchbags of society. As an Asian myself, I've been trying to get whiter skin. Why? Because 1. I'm naturally fair and I got a tan that won't go away and 2. white skin looks nicer for my face. Some people look nicer white and some don't. It's not a fucking race thing, it's a preference for me. So, because of that, I'm always on YouTube trying to find solutions to get rid of my tan and I always come across to these kinds of comments. Every single video.

1. "Why do you want to be whiter?"

2. "Stop black shaming" (????)

3. "Why do you want to look white? You're still Indian" (a lot of Indians do these kinds of videos)

4. "Please love yourself you are beautiful stop trying to whiten yourself"

Here are my answers:

1. It's a trend in a lot of Asian countries right now, just like how for example, Americans like a good tan

2. Uh? Just because we like white skin doesn't meet we hate black skin, it's a preference.

3. There are fair Indians in the world, honey. And again, IT'S A PREFERENCE.

Let me just rephrase your question: "Why do you want to look tanned? You're still white"

Now tell me your response and I'll use it as a response to your question.

4. Hmm, I think we all hate ourselves honestly. This has nothing to do with race. Stop being so narrow-minded and following whatever the internet tells you. In this world, all of us hated ourselves or do hate ourselves at some point in time, skin color could be an issue but even if it was resolved we would still find something to hate about. People who are truly happy I applaud you seriously you gotta go through some tough shit to reach that stage.

So yes, stop telling people to stop trying to make their skin white but then be okay with people wanting to darken their skin. It's wrong. As what the Internet says, you do you. Internet as in you. You yourself said to do you, so don't go around telling people what to do with their bodies. If it takes certain measures to get someone to love their bodies, let them do it. Not everyone can smile at their natural state.

#2 Feminism

Let me get this straight, I freaking love feminists and I love what they are doing. But there are some people who aren't part of the team yet they claim to be feminists. These are the people who think that women > men. Yes, as a woman myself I know we suffered a lot. But if we want a change, instead of trying to overpower men we should treat each other equally. Not all women are assholes, not all men are assholes. Being an asshole is a decision made by an individual, not destined by gender.

Why is it okay for videos to be uploaded of women pranking men or you know, doing something deemed unacceptable if it was a woman? It's okay to laugh at guys but not at girls? Because they are men and they aren't allowed to be pussies? Um... Equality where you at? Just because they were born with a dick doesn't mean they aren't allowed to feel. At this point, I feel sorry for some men.

Ooh and one more, I was on this beauty channel and the YouTuber started of her video with: "Hey girls" and everybody was soooo mad because she didn't include guys. What? -_- But "hey guys" is okay? My point is, people are digging deep to find something that offends them. Hey, girls aren't even offensive. It's so dumb. Hey, girls or guys, it's just an opening. The YouTuber probably didn't even think that far lmao. Everybody gets offended by everything these days, where were the days people could just laugh and take a joke? :(

#3 Black Lives Matter

Again, I support this. I really really do. But also again, people have been ruining the whole purpose of this campaign. Like, wasn't this made so that there will be equality for blacks and not black lives > white lives? I came across this post on Instagram where they had a picture of a black woman and a round nose or whatever, apparently it wasn't attractive or some shit though it looked fine to me. Anyway, the caption was: "Black baby girl don't let white people let you down about your nose, you're perfect" Had to rephrase it since I can't remember the exact words but that was that. And an Internet racial riot boomed in the comment section. A lot of white people were disappointed because they were tired of being claimed "racist". And guys, most of them aren't anymore.

To all the blacks out there who still thinks the world is against you because of your color, guess what? Nobody's against you. C'mon, it's 2017 do you all not see how much support you all are getting? Yes, you all were mistreated in the past. Correction: your ancestors not you. Stop living in the past thinking bad about whites and move on. In any way, you guys have more say than Asians. And I'm not even salty, every race got its issues. :)

And no, I'm not saying blacks are delusional angry people. NOT AT ALL. Please don't misunderstand me. my favorite group in Orange is the New Black is the blacks lol. I'm talking about some of extremists in the campaign, and in the comment section, there were blacks who were against the caption. Extremists are annoying in general. And can I just say they rude too?

Sorry for saying this, there were blacks in the comment section laughing and calling people ugly for being offended by the caption. Seriously, regardless your race don't call people ugly. These are the people that are rude and racist but if other people are rude and racist towards them it's a big no-no. LMAO, stop defending these asses, being racist and rude is just NO. Nobody gets special privileges. Wrong is wrong.

See, race don't define a person's personality.

#4 Body Positivity

Why do we have to pull one down to pull one up? You see, I'm happy for the overweight souls. I understand people in the past (and present) say shit about or worse, to them and it really ruins their self-esteem. So the fact that now people are so accepting towards them, it's really heartwarming.

But do we really have to drag the underweight souls? Hmm.

FUCKING CUNT BAGS THINK IT IS OK TO MAKE FUN OF ANOREXIA.

Ugh

Anyway, yes in case you didn't know, now it's okay to make fun of skinny people!! Like don't y'all (to those people only) feel fucking pathetic about yourself? One moment you're all "Omg yes slay girl you look so good" to "Shit damn eat a fucking burger and why haven't you flew off, feather"

I'm not even anorexic and even I feel shitty reading the comments. It's not okay to make fun of skinny people. Big ass, small ass, flat ass. Big boobs, small boobs, no boobs. If you're really part of the body positivity squad you'd know that everyone has a fucking body that needs love. If you beg to differ, change the fucking name to Fat Positivity or some shit.

Anyway, moving from the skinny issue.

Now we have the fat issue.

"Yippee, being fat is great let's lose myself and eat whatever I want because media loves me anyway" Of course nobody says that but this is what the fucking media is encouraging.

If the media didn't accept fat people, you think there will be a rapid increase of the fat souls? "love yourself" is bullshit, I'm sorry. 95% of the human race depend their self-esteem on the words of others. That's just us.

If you really love your body, you'll know that obesity is not okay FOR HEALTH'S SAKE. There's an increasing trend of people growing fat because media no longer says it's okay but THAT IS THE BEAUTY STANDARD (thank God not in my country). Y'all, 35% of Americans are obese. This is not okay, and we don't need anymore "body positivity" to endorse it further.

If you love your body, you'll love your fat body and because you love it so much, you know (everyone knows) the best way to take care of it is to feed it well with healthy food and exercise. Not giving yourself away to temptations and then pampering yourself with the media's words that you are beautiful even though you're one step closer to death. It's like there's a blindfold but on your mind.

Here's an example, a mother's love for a child. If the mother truly loves the child, she'll put in her 100% to make him the best. If she doesn't care of her child, she just let's him run wild and go into ruins. See my point?

I'm not saying skinny people have a lower chance of dying, and sometimes you fat but healthier than an athlete. But I'm talking about those people who have bad knees and other health problems because of their weight. These people, wake the fuck up. Stop pacifying yourself with all that bullshit and get yourself in shape, for yourself and not anyone else.

Lastly, transformation pictures. You got two pics, the left is the fat version, right is the fit version. And I salute these people, it really takes a lot of time, energy and patience. But damn some commenters :") "you look better before" "you skinny now" Why? Got a problem with someone wanting to lose the weight? Girl, she did not upload those pictures for you to say shit like that, that she shouldn't even have bothered trying because it made her uglier. Be happy for her? "you look good in both" cut the crap she doesn't care about her before pic BECAUSE IT'S HISTORY FOR HER. Don't these people get it oh gosh.

And I'm done. May have more but whatever I can't think. Sorry if I sounded mean, it's just all this stupidity that pisses me off. All these fake bitches that follow media like a damn dog. Trust me when media decides to stop supporting fat people, all those people who laughed at the skinny people? Yeah they gonna start buttering up their asses too. That day will come; it's just one big circle. So stop listening and following to all these lies on the Internet and follow your heart by opening your eyes.

Thank you :D

1325

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 25

• 7d

bartonhallworth.co.uk/.../7.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your opinion with G@G community.

A woman’s worth is the totality of who she is. We are more than our bodies. We are more than our age or beauty. We are more than our sexual allure. A truly empowered woman knows how to love herself and love another, completely. Her heart has no limits. Her choices have no limits.

A woman’s worth is measured by a life fully expressed. The courage to be her own person and create her own vision of life — regardless of what society says.

In life, there is evolution; the evolution of new ideals and greater options. Each decade creates more choice, extending the realm of who we are and what we can be in the world.

An original life is one that walks against the crowd. The rules of society are broken — not in defiance, but in the need to create new rules that allow for greater expansion and growth.

We are free to create a new definition of our worth, one thought at a time. We are free to enter all professions and follow all of our dreams. We are free to see ourselves through a wider lens that captures the totality of our being. And we are free to love the person we want regardless of age, gender, race or economic standards. The freedom to love should know no boundaries. The barriers that limit love are crumbling in our expansion.

As women continue to see themselves as powerful, deserving and worthy, they enjoy a greater participation in all the world has to offer.

As long as we live our truth and express our lives fully, there’s no limit to our worth. We are servants only to our dreams... not to society’s expectations. To live in complete freedom is to live the life we choose. Without limitation, shame or justification. The freedom of choice — to be who we came here to be, pursue our dreams, and love whomever we choose to love. To know our value exists far beyond the parameters of social determinants. To see ourselves in the big picture of life and live the big version of whom we are, already.

#Weakness is what brings ignorance, cheapness, #racism, homophobia, desperation, cruelty, brutality, all these things that will keep a society chained to the ground, one foot nailed to the floor. 🙃

• 7d

Inner beauty isn’t just inner beauty. As you dwell on the idea for a while, you’ll realize that inner beauty is the only beauty there is.

I’m not trying to say that outer appearances don’t matter.

All I’m saying is that inner beauty plays a much bigger part even in first sight than you think.

It’s the real beauty of a person that goes far beyond just physical appearances.

You may think it’s a chiseled face or a gorgeous physique that makes a person attractive. But more than anything else, it’s a person’s inner belief that they’re attractive that makes them more appealing to others.

It’s true, physical appearances can be a bonus, but it’s something that’s easily overlooked when other traits are brought into the picture.

I personally believe that beauty isn’t really in the eye of the beholder. I think beauty is within ourselves. What others see when they look at us is a projection of what we want them to see.

• 7d

When you fill your thoughts with positive energy and inner beauty, you’d appreciate the things that are around you a lot more too. Even when you look at an inanimate object like a painting, or even a view of the ocean, it seems more beautiful to you because you see the beauty that overflows within you reflect in everything else around you

logos.textgiraffe.com/.../...gnstyle-amazing-m.png

👏👏👏👍👍👍

• 7d

1) I don't understand that stuff. Never have and never will, not that it bothers me. Not everybody hates themselves.

2) What you're saying here is half true. However, feminist organisations can also have the women > men mentality and there are plenty of examples of laws and policies that they've fought for that are anti-male, as well as trying to prevent men's rights organisations from helping men e. g. Male victims of domestic violence. If you love what the feminists are doing but claim to be against that double standard you really need to look more into what they're doing.

3) You say that you support BLM but you also tell black people that the world isn't against them anymore. You're right that it isn't, which is why it makes no sense to support it since that's the mentality of most of those in that movement. It's what it's based on, the idea that black people are specifically targeted especially by racist white cops just because they're black, which is a lie. They're most likely to get killed by other black people, but they never talk about that, black lives don't matter to them unless some thug with a rap sheet as long as your arm gets shot for trying to evade the police.

4) I don't even know what you're saying here, you constantly contradict yourself.

• 5d

Interesting take. However, when it comes to feminism, it’s no longer about getting equal rights for women. It had turned into a gynocentric, misandrist movement that is determined to cause harm to males and masculinity. Nowadays, if someone truly believes in equality, they are called Egalitarians, not feminists.

• 7d

I think you're just seeing all the bullshit... someone slipped you the red pill when you should've taken the blue one. The process of this change can be what is called "the red pill rage." It's basically frustration felt by seeing all this bullshit that for some reason didn't bother you as much until now.

• 7d

I think I agree with the gist of your point which I feel is that by going over the top on your ideal hurts it by annoying other people rather than promotes it. To break down your take
    (1) I always had a sly thought about white people tanning when this whole skin lightening debate was on. I think it should be addressed along the lines of the make up discussion with individual choice rather than cultural/racial moral debate.
    (2) and (3) can be grouped as one - If everyone just approached life wanting fairness and equality for all through promotion not at the expense of other groups
    (4) My only criteria, once the person is healthy there is no issue

• 7d

How about men shaming...
    1. Gay shaming
    2. Needs to get a relationship
    3. Strength shaming (man up/stop being a coward)
    Like it's time for a change here specifically men...

• 6d

Riiiiiight. So you`re trying to be politically correct and please as many people as possible. Also, making womens`s situation better? What? What are you on about? The pay gap has been debunked into the Litosphere. What else? Also, if a woman wants to, she can say at any time after sex with a man that he raped her. He has no evidence she was lying and she has the dna inside her to prove it. That`s about 5 years or so in prison. Even after (if) it turns out the accusations were false, the woman gets way less than the man whould have if it were true but also by the point it was proven false that guy`s life has been ruined. Job, reputation with friends, familly and belive me, most of these people won`t even hear from him anymore so he can`t even tell them it was bullshit.

• 6d

I'm not trying to please anyone... my point of view is so different from many people. did you read it carefully? I'm defending men.

• 6d

hmmm I still don't really get it. I'm not trying to ease anybody's response whatsoever. maybe I wasn't clear enough but I do support feminism. its the people who abuse this campaign that upsets me

• 6d

The people who abuse it are basically all of them. Just give me one example of a problem women have/power men have over women that is unfair.

• 4d

Diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain. :)

• 3d

I don't know why "diarrhea of the mouth" always gets me hahahah

• 5d

Agree. F**K these standards!! Besides, no "double-standard" or "stereotype" has the power to alter reality involving beauty. And that is a persons preference of physical attraction. Try to look your best and be your best, and the right people will like you.

• 7d

If having lighter skin would make you feel more beautiful then do it! I'm a white guy who has been helplessly smitten by more than one Indian girl, and anything to make you feel prettier is cool with me, as long as you're being healthy about it.

• Agree that everyone are getting offended by everything i would also add that a lot of people can't accept that someone else have different opinions than them.

• Interesting myTake

• 7d

Interesting take

• I just think it's bored people.

• 4d

You're really stupid

• People are just too damn sensitive these days. They need to let it friggin' go.

Simples...

• 1d

Sorry didn't read all

• 6d

These are the things people do not talk about.

Nice

• 3d

Women haven't suffered in america

• 2d

How about females who are bisexual shaming a bisexual male like myself? :(

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 13

• YES, girlfriend. We as the human race, need to stop getting wimpier, stop dividing people by race and body type and just fucking CHILL for five seconds. Not everything has to be about your skin color or your genitals; nobody really gives a fuck anymore.

• 3d

In this world ull always offend someone don't matter what u do...

Nobody is ever bloody happy with themselves or other people... we just a world full of dower faced people wanting things we can't have

I love when people say I'm white so means I'm privileged... come on to Fk I'm from a council scheme in east end of Glasgow we filled up empty washing up liquid bottles and used them as home made water pistols that's how fkin poor we were...

• 7d

Haha I don't have that problem. Genetics! (-: lol anyway! I honestly don't care what everyone joining or fighting about. My personal opinion is there too much BS on the internet!

• 7d

Actually many Indians still think that whiter skin is attractive... Fairness cream industry here is growing for a reason...
    But otherwise, I agree with most of your points

• 2d

Can we be best friends?

• 2d

XXXXDDDDDDDD I totally agree.

I support GENUINE feminism--whole heartedly--but not this "destroy the patriarchy" crap, where women use it as an excuse to shit all over men. They act like we don't need their sperm to populate the fucking planet.

We are EQUAL and shouldn't abuse one to make up for abuse in the past. We should be the bigger people, fight for equality, forgive, and move on to a REAL issue.

Loved it. Adding you.

• 2d

Oh, and I am Asian, too! I'm Chinese :)

• Gag promote a take that has "fucking cunt bags" in it? Really?

• 7d

I totally agree.

By the way I am white and I avoid tanning to keep my skin fair, but I get people asking me why I don't tan and why I am so white.. because I like my skin and can do with it what I like.

• Good point. But i just try to ignore annoying things like that :)

• 3d

good

• 6d

Interesting take

• 7d

Unfortunately they will always exist and that's fine with me

• 7d

You sound very bitter...

• 7d

that's coz I was annoyed lol and I already said I was gonna sound triggered

• 7d

It's ok... everyone needs to vent every once in a while.