Racism Has Nothing To Do With Aesthetic

Well, hello everyone.

It's me again.

I hope you are doing alright, cause personally I'm not.

Lately I'm getting extremely tired of some behaviors. I do understand that some people aren't lucky enough to be born with a great brain or at least a decent one but still, it annoys me that they can't understand some simple things.

Lately the most common thing that I've seen going on is the forum is this : "You don't like him/her? You are racist."

Racism Has Nothing To Do With Aesthetic

Racism by definition is :

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Now excuse me if I offend anyone that sees what I and the rest of the world doesn’t but it isn’t written anywhere that by not liking/not being into someone that happens to belong to a specific race it makes you discriminative towards the race the belong to...Or does it say it somewhere and I missed it?

We all belong somewhere,we all have a race,don’t we?

Isn’t it ridiculous to blame the fact that a specific person doesn’t like you to your race?

Why jumping instantly to the conclusion that the reason that someone isn’t into you is because they are bad and being racist towards you instead of the most logical answer that he/she may just happens to doesn’t like because you just don’t match their aesthetic/type?

If I personally or whoever in this world don't find someone attractive and it happens that he/she is black or Asian or white (cause I mean these are what we have right now, in this world as choices) IT DOESN'T mean that I/they am/are racist or that I/they hate a specific race.

it’s means that this person just doesn’t do it for me/them for many other reasons.

It means that he or she doesn't seem attractive in my/their eyes because she doesn't match my/their aesthetic.

Got it?

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOUR RACE.

However for the people that easily willingly misunderstood EVERYTHING...Let’s clear something...

If someone says things like "I don't like him, because he is black/asian/white" that's racist.

It's basically a discriminative behaviour towards a specific kind of people,they judge you and don’t give you a chance just because of your DNA.

OKAY?

Good.

Thanks.

That's it for today babydolls.

Till next time, stay sassy.

- AngelicEmpress

You do, you really do.
You do, you really do.

2471
AngelicEmpress is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Straight forward, intelligent and thoughtful writing. I agree with you observations and logic.

• There’s the sassy angelic everyone missed 😄

Great mytake and I agree, someone had to say it 👍🏼

Most Helpful Girls

• God, this Mytake was finally created.
    I've been called racist many times just because I find darker skin attractive. Jeez those are just sexual preferences

• I meant unnatractive* but this doesn't really matter, you will be bashed on the internet for stating anything that doesn't Include that everyone are beautiful. Great MyTake

• Lmao! Love this! You are so damn right. I dated outside my race a lot when i was younger but in my adult years my taste changed. I mean i still find any race attractive if they are attractive, but from my opinions my own race has been the ones i wound up being drawn to. I'm not racist just like it doesn't make someone an ass if they prefer larger vs smaller build, dark hair vs blonde, it's a personal preference aesthetically.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 69

• In our new world we are born, accused of racism and must spend the rest of our lives defending the contrary by default. Guilty until proven innocent.

• Something else I'll add to this - until I've seen people's real photos on here, or they've explicitly told me, I have little to no idea what race they are.

Doesn't make a difference to me - if somebody's a dick, then they're a dick, no matter what race they are...

• Personally, I am more inclined to choose someone closer to my own race but but, if a girl from another race impresses me with her hobbies, her ability to clearly speak English (I am sorry, it is too awkward for me to struggle with someone with a broken accent) , and her personality that makes a big change. but overall all, you are right there is a clear difference between not being attracted to a person and not liking them because of their race

• Racism has everything to do with aesthetic after all its mostly aesthetic that defines your race. But i agree with you completely that its being used in ridiculous ways that have nothing to do with racism.

• What are you talking about. Of course it does. The definition itself explains why it is descrimination

If you reject someone based on race. Do people ever say “no sorry bud, I don’t date your whole country, ah well sorry bro”

No they made up some Bullshit reason like you’rs Aren’t my type. Obviously cause it’s going to make them feel “INFERIOR” as a race

That’s directly the definition. Think again 😛

• Amen! I love this post! Some people's brains are so soaked in identity politics and racial politics that they just can't see past it! People are people first, members of racial groups second!

• I disagree completely.
    Racism can and does influence people's aesthetic standards. Which is why certain races are perceived as more attractive than others.

If someones brain is faulty and this makes them unable to comprehend certain ideas then your annoyance at them is irrational. If you don't like someones way of thinking, explain why and simply refute them. Don't say their brain is broken because that means they can't help it.

What you're basically trying to say is:
    "I'm not attracted to so and so" - Not Racist
    "I'm not attracted to so and so because they're (insert race)" - Racist

• Did you read the mytake?

• Oh, it's not that I didn't understand.
      It's that your answer, basically answers to my title and have no relationship with what I actually wrote on the Take.

• I responded to this part where you wrote:
      "Lately I'm getting extremely tired of some behaviors. I do understand that some people aren't lucky enough to be born with a great brain or at least a decent one but still, it annoys me that they can't understand some simple things."

I think you were conflating two issues in your mytake, the issue of racism and how it affects peoples aesthetic standards and also the idea of blaming someones rejection of you on racism.

• Of course racism has nothing to do with aesthetic.

Is someone complaining?

• Rascim is a joke... I would never take it
    I will treat anyone based on their individual acts, that's it.. I never look at race I don't see it, I will talk to you as an equal no matter what.
    Good take

• Racism is nothing to do with aesthetics? Everyone can have aesthetics but not everybody can be black. Hence racism can exist there.
    If you don’t like someone because of their race and funny culture/ religion relating to their race then yes it’s racism. You don’t like that person because your discriminating against them. = racism. Aesthetics got nothing to do with it. Wth?

• This is no different to people saying “it’s not racism it’s a preference” bs it is. Just another excuse.

• Show more from Guys
    59

What Girls Said 22

• Agreed!

• Also, what are your thoughts on not being attracted to a certain race? Is it racism? I’ve heard that argument before too.

• I believe that as long as you don’t instantly say no to someone as a friend/future lover just because of their race, you aren’t racist

• Not being attracted to a certain race doesn't mean you're a racist and people who think you are are simple minded and need to grow up. Some people can be racist on this matter but you can't just assume that people are its not fair to title someone something they aren't.

• I agree.
    I have nothing against south east Asian people, and most of the ones I've met were nice people. On the other hand I could never be sexually attracted to them for some reason. I don't think they're bad people or that I'm superior to them, I'm just not physically turned on by some of their distinctive traits. Having said that, I've seen many women that I found beautiful from that general area, but I'm just not into it sexually. And I've heard a lot of butthurt people be mad about this.

• Just like how having a preference in race isn't racist. I personally like black guys and white guys but don't really like middle eastern and brown Asian (Indian, Paki etc.) guys. Does this make me racist? No.

• So my attraction towards mostly Caucasian men is normal? 🤔

• Of course it is. That's your preference, that's what attracts you. You're not, like "white are superior, i'm attracted to them".
      You like their appearance, as you'd like... I don't know... red over blue.

• Race is a social construct, not a state of one's DNA. It's based on phenotypical observations, not genotypical at all.

Having racial preferences in dating or friendship can fall under antagonism in your definition.

Consider this: www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...ilege_b_9066266.html

www.thestar.com/.../racism-and-matchmaking.html

• That is one sassy myTake :-).

And I agree with you.

• I’m not into black men. I don’t consider that racist because I don’t really find them attractive.

• I'm agree in that racial preferences isn't racist. It's just a preference when it comes to looks, not hating on people. It's okay to find certain features attractive and they're often more common among some races than others. I've preference for South-Europeans for instance because they've European facial features, but are also often brown and have dark features. I can date outside of my preferences, I just tends to be attracted more frequently to some groups.

• yeah beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Some features or characteristics just are attractive regardless of race...

• I completely agree with that and I am never ashamed of neither talking about where I am from or nor judging people by their races.

We all come from a country with a history, we may really have some bias to others aswell but for as individuals we are all human in the end and I don't like directly judging anyone for that.

I must also say that I also dislike the people who gets so easily offended by considering you said something racist while you didn't even intended, some people are so sensitive about these things and they are another cancer to me, but they are not the case now.

Great take TWIN! 😍 <3

• Show more from Girls
    12