Bullying Has to Stop!!!

I was bullied for no reason. Maybe i'm just an easy target. Or maybe I really am useless, as I don't do anything about the bullying.

Bullying Has to Stop!!!

It started when I was 7, I didn't know it was bullying. I was with my friend (a), She was nice overall, but she would always call me useless, and she would try to change me. Of course I listened to her, and was friends with her even though she was really mean to me, because I had no friends other than her. At that time I didn't really mind what she said to me because I had a fun and happy family, so I focused on my family. When I was 11 or 12, I got bullied a lot, she was still my friend at the time, I remember one time, this other girl told her friends that I called her a fatass, and all her friends came up to me and said shit about me and threatened to beat me up (this girl was popular and had like over 30 friends). And (a) didn't do anything, she stood there an watched. Another time I got into a fight with the same girl, and none of us won, as the bell went for class, (a) stood up for the other girl, and said she stood up for her, so that I could toughen up a bit. Then stupid (a) went ahead and told my teacher about the fight, and we all got into huge trouble.

I ended up being in the same class with (a) for 6 years. When I turned 13 she finally wasn't in my class, but still in my school. (a) somehow ended up joining my friend group! and of course she started spreading rumors about me to them, and they believed her. So my friends started to hate me and disapprove of me. One day, the day that scared my heart, was when me and my friend group and (a) were hanging out, (a) got each person out of the group and had a 5 second chat with all of them one by one. They came back and bitchy little (a) asked me this "Do you think anyone here actually is friends with you?" I knew some of them didn't like me, so I said no, she carried on by saying this "Do you think she likes you?" and then "what about her? do you think she likes you?" and she did this for every person asking me one by one. I said no... none of them like me. And I left...to the bathrooms... I locked myself in, to clam myself a bit, so I could hold back my tears. Then I hear voices outside, their voices. They followed me. I stayed in for the rest of lunch, so about 20 minutes. They stayed as well. The bell went for class, and I left to class. They kept following me, so I went around the whole school before going to class. This stopped them from following me. I went to class, and I noticed my usual seat was taken, the person looked at me with a questioning look (I had guessed that my friends told this person to sit there). I headed to the back of the class and sat there, I didn't work at all, instead, I cried the whole lesson (50 minutes). It was the first time I had ever cried at school.

They never apologized, but I'm still friends with these people as I have no one else to hang out with.

Why do people bully others? Is it fun? Another situation is one i'm in right now. I am boy-crazy, I'm gonna admit it, I am. I use to like this boy (b). He had a girlfriend, I told my friends I liked him, and they told him. Of course this got to his girlfriend as well, and she told all her friends, these people are also really popular, about 60 or so people in this group. The entire group found out and they all tease me about it, luckily one time this girl said "oii (b) I love you!" and she said this so I would look, But I didn't as I didn't hear her say it, but if I heard, I would've looked. I found out after my friends told me. They always say "Hi!" to me as in an annoying way, and I ignore them every time (it's because of my social anxiety). I always end up having a crush that's part of this group and they always find out and annoy me, but what's the point of this?

Because of all this bullying, I now have depression and social anxiety, as I think no one will ever like me and that I'm useless. And a lot of this may lead to suicide.

Bullying needs to stop, It's killing people.

STOP BULLYING!

#pinkshirtday

Speak Up and Stand Together to Stop Bullying!

2459

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 59

• I doubt bullying will ever stop. It is a natural behavior for people to try and dominate over those that are weaker. That is how all species on this planet survive.

This means that in order to change the behavior, every member of society needs to brainwash their infants from day 1 that "bullying is bad". But how many people actually believe bullying is bad? There is a large proportion of people who believe that sheltering children from the realities of life (i. e., shielding them from bullying) sets them up for failure later in life.

Basically, if children don't learn to fend for themselves, they will become weak adults who will get stepped on by everyone. There is no bullying police when you're an adult. You've either figured out how to defend yourself as a child, or you are shit on by everyone for your whole life.

Since dominating over others is a natural behavior of all animals (including humans), the natural tendency is for societies to revert to bullying.

Let any civilization develop independently, and they will all develop their own form of bullying and domination over others.

Not only is it impossible to stop.
    I'm not convinced that stopping it would have a good outcome, as it will create an entire generation of mentally weak adults. And this is kind of what you see in millennials today. An entire generation who were shielded from reality by their parents. Kids who were told they could do anything... that they were awesome... that they're special... only to find out in adulthood that this was all a sham, and they are nobodies, and nobody thinks they are special.

• And you, my friend, have basically explained the truth of society today.

• Complete nonsense. How are those people "just trying to survive" when they bully this girl? They have no need to bully her for their survival. Complete and utter bullshit. Bulling is behavior of INSECURE people, not any kind of natural instinct lol. When I wake up happy and feel good about myself, I have no desire to go out and bully others, quite the opposite.

We are not living in times where we have to bully others in order to get food, clothes or roof above our heads. The only reason for bulling and dominating in 2018 is to make oneself feel bigger, because they feel small and insecure.

• Someday you will find true love with a man and makes you forget all this...

Love is the killer of everything bad in this life, you just have to hang on and ignore such people and take a stand...

Share this with your parents, cause if i had a daughter being treated this way, i'll go to school and make a massacre...

• I don't want my parents involved

• I don't know about that anymore... they don't seem to care

• Wow, sorry to hear this... seek professional help or tell the school principal... you must act!

If you need help, i'm always here to hear you... your a nice girl and don't listen to anyone!

Your better then them.

• It will never stop. Assholes will always exist. Because of this I think that calling for bullying to stop is ineffective.

Sure, we should teach our children not to bully, but assholes won't stop being assholes. They won't teach their kids this, and some kids despite being taught not to bully will still do it anyway because they're little assholes.

It's the same as asking people to stop committing crime. You can tell people to stop thieving all you like - the people who steal don't care. They know that what they're doing is wrong. You couldn't tell them that stealing is wrong, and if you did they wouldn't say "oh really? Shit! I didn't know!"

The same goes for any other crime or asshole behaviour. You can't teach people who don't care to care. They're fucked in the head.

I'd say that this message is ineffective because it focuses on the wrong thing. I think that instead people should be taught how to defend themselves. In general you can't change other's behaviour, only your own behaviour and as an extension the way you allow others to treat you.

I moved schools quite a bit. I was a shy kid, and I was the shortest guy in my year groups. This made me seem like an easy target for bullies. However, despite this I was always taught to defend myself and never to allow anybody to intimidate me. As a result those who tried to bully me got a shock when I would just give them a bloody nose, and they'd only try that once.

Bullying can do one of two things: toughen you up or break you down. In this case it's breaking you down because you haven't been taught how to defend yourself, and it's all about mindset. If you have a victim mindset, where you worry about how unfair it is and wish they would stop, it will break you and will do nothing to help you. You need to stop this. Instead you should try to develop a rebellious mindset. Rather than "why are you doing this to me this is unfair", in my mind I'm just like "fuck you, you can't break me, try your best and I'll make you regret it".

• People who get bullied need to man the fuck up. I got bullied but I fought back and it stopped. It's a dog eat dog world.

If someone tries to bully you grab a chair and hit them over the head with it. Or stand up for yourself.

• Got bullied once... took their head and slammed it into a locker. Everyone realized that, even though I was small for my age, I can stand up for myself and hold my ground. People that don't think it is as simple as that are deluded.

• 4d

We can sit and talk about a perfect dream world all we want. The real world does not care about anyone’s feelings.
    Life is tough, reality is not fair or kind. Just like bullies. And like bullies, it will beat you if you let it. Or you can fight back.

I was bullied when I was younger, and I’m a stronger person because of it.

• You have to be very careful of some people, they literally will hold vendettas for life just because they are bored.
    Some races of people are worse than others, I will make a very broad statement now, that Christian schools are better than public schools at dealing with bullying.
    Christianity is not every man for himself, it's a moral obligation to be a good person.

• You'll never stop bullying as long as all you do is telling those who are bullied to "speak up".
    Because bullies don't understand that. All they understand is power.
    You want to stop bullying? Teach kids to stand up for themselves, run into the bullies and do as much damage as possible.
    Once the bully has tasted his own medecine, he'll learn to lay down and not bother other people.

• I agree entirely. I was bullied as a child as well and hated every second of it. Unfortunately, I dont think it can be stopped. I think it can be controlled to a certain extent and people obvisously need to be reprimanded for it and need to suffer the consequences. But I dont think we will ever be rid of it.

• I'm very sorry to hear this. That's Just awful. please don't be friends anymore with any of these people they're just tearing you down and you surely don't want to kill yourself over these losers. Who wants a friend like that just to say that you have a friend, they are pretty much useless. This is a good site for you to be on to let it all out. You're a good person I can sense goodness in you. Hold your head up high and keep the faith

• Do you really expect it to stop just because you posted something on the internet? No, there will always be assholes and bullies, you can't stop it. All you can do is teach people to deal with it properly.

• 5d

I was bullied as a teen but see it was a good thing because I learned early in life to fight back and I did fight back and I bullied the bullies so all this anti bullying campaign stuff it is not good because if you have teachers and cops fighting your battles for you when you are a teen then when you are an adult you will let people walk all over you.

• 6d

I was the outcast in my school, or one of them at least. They made life rough until I learned to not give a fuck what they think. If my lip ain't bleeding then they didn't have much to say did they? Don't talk about it be about it then you won't have to worry about it.

• 7d

I used to be a bully-beater. I fought anyone who picked on someone else, who didn't fight back.
    I had bullies too, I fought them, they stopped bullying me.

Don't let bullies weaken you and your resolve. That's how they win.
    They are weak minded, troubled individuals. And the worst part about bullying is that if it wins, you become a bully yourself, like bullying vampirism.

Don't let it happen.

• 2d

Bullying is horrible and it causes a lot of harm
    And it would be great if it was stopped
    But it is not going to happen
    Until humanity as a whole becomes better people there will be bullies bullying

• 7d

Bullies have existed since the caveman days. Many people like to dominate others; that's why absolute power corrupts absolutely. You beat a bully by pushing back sometimes physically.

• Parents will never be able to rise there kids right , with both of them working. Now if the mom or the dad were to be able to stay home with them or. BE there when they got off the bus it would be easier to understand them. But sadly some parents can't do that and it leads to bullying and hate for the other kids who's parents can show up at the events in school. While other parents may not have enough money to give to the kid for lunch. They will pick on other's who have there lunch each day. Then you have the ones that there parents are to busy shooting up or getting drunk to even remember they have a kid. That leads the kid hating each kid there that has a parent that cares , . and it all revolves around being there for your kid. PERIOD

• Pay them no mind. Be strong about excluding these negative influences in your life. Nobody should have to suffer that. Literally just walk away. You don't even have to say anything to them. Find friendly friends

• So you're telling me you got an anxiety disorder and depression because girls bullied you verbally and made you lose friends. Anyway, lose contact with these "friends" of yours or anyone who bullies you. Try to focus on something healthy to distract you from school such as exercising, take up martial arts if you want, try getting into a sport, or anything of the sort. Also remove any toxic "friends" from your life or anyone. Try contacting the school and let your parent guardian know if you don't feel like fighting them physically. Also one tip, if you're struggling mentally then don't try to date anyone or persue a crush on someone. That'll just lead to more drama.

• ... I already have a crush...

• Try not to pursue it because relationships at our age 90% of the time end and it'll like cause more problems for you mentally.

• Yeah, it's already causing a lot of problems, as my crush is graduating in 4 weeks after school starts

• people who bully have no lives of their own. People who cyberbully and bully on message boards are as equally small minded as well. They feel the need to up their ego by belittling you and your opinion to make themselves feel better about themselves.

• The sad part to this is sometimes bullies grow up to be successful people. It's not really like in Hollywood movies where the loser is a loser as an adult and the bullied a VIP.

• I'm sorry to hear about your shitty past, I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to, I hate to see people treated so unfairly and seeing people calling themselves useless, you're not, you're beautiful and smart.

• More from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 24

• 2d

I never bullied anyone and I didn't get bullied either. You would think with the way kids are popping caps in people asses over bullying these days would scare kids straight and teach them not to that anymore if they want to continue to live but some people don't learn.

Anyway, If I was bullied I would try to do what God/Jesus would do in that situation: Turn the other cheek, fight your enemies with love not hate. But the moment you lay your hands on me.. we are going to have an issue. If this person isn't willing to respect you or trying to fix whatever problem is, then sometime you have to protect yourself and fight back.

Sadly i think bullying comes from people who have been bullied or have personal issues going in their life, so they take their frustration out on other people instead talking about it. And sometimes it could just be plain jealousy as well. Also stop being friends or hanging out with these type of people, they are not friends.. their your enemies portraying as friends. Just a bunch of Judases you can't trust them so distance yourself from such toxicity.

• It Will never stop. You can preach for years on end and there will always be those who bully. Its life, there will always be assholes in the world. Just learn to be a bigger bitch. Don't let those who want to get an upperhand on you. The worst thing you can do is do nothing. Id ether talk to a grown up, your parents, their patents, teacher, principle, etc. Or id personally drag a bitch. If you will both get into trouvle anyway, might as well give the person a couple loose teeth in the process💁

• even if you may have no friends without them (which aren't even friends)
    its WAY better to leave them. they're bitches. this pisses me offffffffffff
    can i have their social media? just wanna bully them back.

• 7d

OMG I'm in tears pet. I got beat up all through school girls 3-4 years younger even dragged me. I am quite bitchy and start a lot of the time so I deserve most of it but not you pet

• 3d

People bully because
    1. Too scared of others who might bully them
    2. They think they are really better than you, but they are not
    3. They are too full of themselves to really be a nice, kind, caring person...
    4. They don't know how to be a nice person... kind of like Elsa in Frozen

I hope you find friends... try to watch youtube video like ted talk on brene Brown and anna akana

• 5d

High school has been the worst I’ve been bullied mostly by guys I had to change schools because it was so bad and people still judge me everyday in my new school or family you name it and I don’t even do anything to anyone I’m a quiet girl and I try to be kind to others I care about others and I am super compassionate yet messed up things always manage to happen to me

• I've been bullied and the only way out was to fight them back and shut their mouths. That's something that I'm not proud of it but no one helped me so I taked things in my hands.

• I was bullied through high school. As well as college. I always told my teacher to tell other girls off. In my high school was a learning disability school. Only girls that did bully me. Guys always wanted to be my friend or more. In college, a different type of cause drama and tried to get my ex-bf to cheat on me. I always stay friends with boys.

• Do your parents stick up for you and complain to the school about this?

• I ended up moving schools due to bullying and sometimes standing up for yourself or contacting the school isn't enough because they still target you and it sucks. All you have to do is remain strong

• There is nothing you can do to stop bullying. There are always going to be shitty people in the world.
    What you can do is report it whenever it happens, whether it's to you or to someone else.

• 7d

Ain't gonna happen because they blame schools shootings on guns, not on the bullies who push someone too far. School shooting will stop when bullying stops.

• Absolutely agree! People dont realize how traumatizing bullying can be when you're young. It has lasting affects on your psyche

• 3d

I can relate i was bullied in high school too this guy i thought loved me , slept with me and told the whole class. they wiuld be talking about me never called name but i was the only one who didn't know who they were talking about but everyone will laugh and look at me i felt really small and silly wanted a place to hide myself. But i faced it didn't give a damn it lasted for a while and everyone forgot about it and then i decided to make fun of him telling people his dick is very tiny and joke was on him he regretted why he did that to me. he was made fun off until he left the school

• 6d

It should be made compulsory to have martial arts as part of a child's learning program at school.

• 7d

As for the "why do people bully others", I guess for my friends it would be because it's fun to them, they enjoy it. I've always been a bit popular I guess, no one has had trouble with me and I get along with everyone, and I've realised that my friends are bitches. They make fun of the girls with no friends and they laugh real hard. Girl I know broke her finger protecting herself in a fight with one of my mates. They laughed. She didn't come to school today. In this case, it's definitely just fun to them

• 7d

Totally

• I do agree

• Good take

• Interesting.

• More from Girls
    4