Why Being Famous Sucks

Why being famous sucks
Why being famous sucks

You can no longer enjoy simple things.

You can no longer just pop to the shops or grab a coffee or even walk your dog in the local park. You now have to carefully plan your every step. Everything needs to be planned like going into a restaurant and coming out etc... You also have to make sure you look good and act well at all times when you are out because you will be photographed and put on the internet. So there is constant pressure. Going to the pub? Alcoholic, going to the local park? Desperate for attention, your grandad has died? Your an ugly crier, you’ve broken up with your partner? You cheated. Your being stalked? Don’t call the police you idiot your a celeb just get over it. Your no longer human, you belong to everyone else after all if you can’t take no longer having a life “don’t choose to be famous.”

Imagine if everyone knew you.

sounds great doesn’t it? Not when you think about how you can no longer make new friends unless they are as much of a “celebrity” as you because you can no longer just meet strangers and say “hi” if you do happen to meet someone who actually isn’t using you then you still don’t trust them 100%

I know all this because I’m friends with a “celebrity” we go out and the next day apparently we are dating. We went out once for some drinks and he got really drunk and I had to hide him under my jacket whilst he was being sick so none saw because that simple thing that everyone’s been through could ruin him. Simple things that we all do would ruin them. Something as simple as having one too many and say goodbye to having an opinion. Your life is literally taken away and I watch him and I ask him about it and he says “it’s fine. It’s the life I chose” but I’ll always say “you didn’t choose this. Your just talented and then other people started noticing” and he’ll laugh but I can tell he’s sad. I can tell he’s sad he can’t just go home and see his mum because he’s so busy, he’s sad he’s lost his childhood friends because he didn’t have the time to travel to see them, I can tell he’s said he got blamed for what happened to his ex, I can tell he’s sad that when he lost his dad everyone told him that “that’s the real world, cheer up” and people saw the funeral as a way to meet him. They didn’t care they just wanted a photo with him, I can’t tell he’s sad that when he went to get my birthday present he got told “that’s the worst present! All that money and you got that?! Such a tight ass” when that present meant a lot to me. I can tell he’s sad that he can’t do anything right anymore, I can tell he’s sad and that even though everyone knows him he’s lonely, I can tell he’s sad he’ll never have his “old life” back. I can tell he’s hurting.

I mean imagine getting judged by the whole world.

810

Most Helpful Guys

• 1d

But celebrity can commit heinous and unforgivable crimes and be forgiven for them.

Like Kevin Spacey for example, he had sex with teen boys and never went to jail. What's that? Jail? Oh no a week or two at a spa in Europe is all we need, jail is for poor people. All sins forgiven.

Anybody remember Justin Biebers drunk driving? He went to holding but never to hardcore drop soap jail and he was given such pathetically low bail amount proportionately to his overall bank account whereas regular citizens would struggle and beg bailbonds to help them.

Being a celebrity means you can have an actual scumbag get out of jail free card.

• 1d

With what he does he couldn’t get away with it

• 7d

Meanwhile...

• 6d

Your right id rather be upset in a lambo than upset in a ditch but at the end of the day he’s never gonna get his old life back and that’s got to hurt

Most Helpful Girl

• 5d

In addition, with this whole “Cancel Culture” you’re constantly walking on eggshells to make sure that whatever you say can’t be interpreted as something offensive.

Join the discussion

78
  • 5d

On the other hand, you can have sex with young boys without getting in trouble for it.

Sorry, I was watching "Leaving Neverland" tonight...

• 5d

I watched that it’s so fucked, he was definitely a pedophile I don’t even care.

• 1d

I didn't read the whole post but I'll try to catch it later. I wonder if all this contributes to drug and alcohol abuse.

• 1d

Yeah, plus all that money you need to spend on yachts. The horror.

Each job has some downsides.

• 6d

This is why I love the idea of having a low profile in my life, and my family.

• 6d

That would suck, but anytime you needed money all you have to do is sign something. You are your own bank.

• 7d

Was this posted anonymously by a celebrity? I agree, it must suck when you want to get away and not be seen.

• 6d

No like I said at the end I only know this because I’m friends with a few

• 2d

That extremely famous actor BOB HOPE actually enjoyed being famous

• 2d

Some people do, some people don’t

• 5d

Unfortunately these are facts often lost on the young, the immature, and the greedy.

• 6d

Shit famous or not I still wouldn't leave my house. Begone adoring fans

• 5d

Damn I wanna know who the friend is 😂

• 5d

Exposed them enough, can’t say 😂

• 5d

I know but I can’t

• 5d

Yeah aight

• 6d

Good take

• 1d

l am very famous on GAG

• 3d

Wow really insightful read!

• 6d

This is so fucking true, it's not even funny,

• 6d

Honestly I remember when he got so drunk and was being sick and I had to cover him with my jacket and walk him home. Imagine if someone saw or imagine if he wasn’t with me and was just left he’d be ruined. Also literally every time we go out together everyone thinks we are dating which makes it harder for me to actually date because they always ask “what’s with you and ——“

• 6d

Your & You're are different.
    You're = you are.