What does it mean when a guy calls you "cutie"?

I text with a guy that I really like but we are just friends. I think of him more than a friend I'm scared that he might not think the same way about me. But one think catches my attention everytime I text him that I'm going to sleep or that I'm busy he writes "cutie" and he said I should write him when I'm back. Ok maybe I'm overreacting and this could just be a friendly meaning. Guys what do you think? Could he be interested in me or does he sees me just as a friend?
What does it mean when a guy calls you
  • he might like you
  • no he isn't interested

636

Most Helpful Guys

• I would never say this to a friend that I thought was cute. I would only say this to a girl who I thought was cute who i wanted to be my girlfriend. Otherwise it's too awkward and sends the wrong signal. You wouldn't say to a friendzoned dude "You look hot." or "you're a cutie."

• He is probably fishing. Not to be confused with catfishing, I mean he simply throwing it out there in a flirtatious manner hoping that he can see or hear a response to let him know the game are close. Once he has you on the line (he has the sign he was looking for) time to reel you in (make his move).

Most Helpful Girls

• I think you should keep the flirting going, but don't let it get farther than that until you feel like you really know what he's up to. If he's a nice guy then, he will want to take it slow and be all romantic and shit. If not, then the first thing he will do is want to stop somewhere in his car and hookup. Just be careful.

• I think he's comfortable with you and wants to talk to you. He tries to get your attention by saying cutie playfully. This is a high possibility that he likes you. If he doesn't, maybe he just didn't realise his feelings for you.