Why are 1968 pennies worth more than 1967 pennies?

Why are 1968 pennies worth more than 1967 pennies?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I think it would depend on whether you had a coin with an error or not and also where it was stamped at. Not all 1968 pennies are worth more money than their face value. Also, some 1967 pennies are worth more as well. Again all having to do with errors and where it was stamped

0|0
    0|0
  • BeCaUsE tHeRe iS oNe mOrE pEnNy iN 1968 pEnNiEs tHaN iN 1967 pEnNiEs

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

U saw the replies right 😏😏

• Show All
    • 1d

Nah, what’s not fair is making me read that TERRIBLE joke more than three times on other people’s comments 😤😤😂

• 1d

Yaa, that's damn not fair..

• They're not. They are worth 1 cent. If I found a penny made in 1967 on the street, they'd count it as 1 cent. No one looks at the dates on coins except people who collect them. No one really cares.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1d

Because there is one more penny in 1968 pennies than in 1967 pennies.😂😂

What Guys Said 7

• In god we don't trust. Putting one religion on your money is unconstitutional. Where are all the gun nuts defending the constitution?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

Because there is one more penny in 1968 pennies than in 1967 pennies.

• The value of any old coin is its worth to a collector. The only reason for a difference in values is due to the number available for sale. This could be dependent on how many coins of each year were minted, the location, the mistakes in striking, etc. I know you are just doing a silly joke, but there are pennies that even though their face value is one cent, have sold in auction for hundreds of thousands of dollars due to what people are willing to spend.
    Pennies in 1943 for instance are mostly steel pennies due to WWII, so copper pennies from that year are worth a lot. Approximately 40 1943 copper–alloy cents are known to remain in existence. Coin experts speculate that they were struck by accident when copper–alloy 1–cent blanks remained in the press hopper when production began on the new steel pennies. A 1943 copper cent was first offered for sale in 1958, bringing more than $40,000.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

• Show All
    • 1d

😂😂

• Ask Ted Mosby.

0|1
    0|0
  • No idea 🤔

0|1
    0|0
    • 1d

• 1d

Hoga kuch chutiyapa
      Kaha tu pennies ke chakkar mein hai
      Aim for billions of dollars chote 🤟

• were less of them minted in 68?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

• Probably because they were printed less.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

• l dont even care pennies from heaven

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes