My girlfriend is in a coma, what can I do?

my girlfriend was run over by a drunk driver and she's in a coma. id I've anything to see her wake up, is there anything I can do?
she came out of her coma about a monh ago, she's not walking yet but at least she's awake

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry to hear that- the waiting is one of the most difficult things there is. Medically, there's really not much you can do at this point. I had a very close friend who was in a car accident and in a coma for over a month and it was one of the most difficult times of my life. I wanted to do something, needed to do something, but really there wasn't much I could actually do for her. Then I hit on an idea that really helped me and my friend, once she woke up, really loved. I kept a journal for her- of the things happening with our friends, her family, her treatment, with me etc. It helped me feel like I was talking to her, still connected with her in a way. And when she finally woke up, she was happy to have a record of the things she missed. She still has it...

I also visited her as much as possible, did what I could do for her family with bringing food, clothes, whatever to the hospital. That's as much as I can think to tell you- my prayers are with you, your girlfriend, and her family.

• iv been with her for 3 years I need her to wake up

• yeah if she makes it out of thisill never let her go

• Keeping a journal seems like a nice idea :)